Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grain of Salt

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Grain of Salt

A message from reason.

Now that the offseason is upon us I thought that it would be a good time to roll out some advise for everybody to take in and think about when it comes to discussing trades/FA/draft.

To start, we all know that none of us are in the front office and or a coach, this is a fact of life.
    So just because someone's opinion is different than yours doesn't mean you can break out the "you're not a coach" card, in fact neither is that person a coach or front office person and they have no more insight into what the Vikings will or should do.
    The only ways these arguments are going to end is the anti people eating crow or being told they were wrong anyways for having their opinion before the almighty front office/coaching staff did.

The reasons to keep this in mind at this time of the year is simply there isn't enough reason to babbling at each other angry or doing anything that is childish like name calling.
    So please people, lets just have a civilized discussion on things that doesn't involve so much name calling and anger.

One last point as well, when somebody brings up an argument, no matter how dumb let's not just respond in one sentence about how they aren't a coach, or on the other side just throw out random pointless stats.

The offseason should be a time of discussion, not yelling.
    None of us our experts or else we'd be coaching or have a job at ESPN.

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

Re: Grain of Salt

Thanks for perspective. I posted earlier that I come here to speculate, ruminate, and vent. Expressing frustration about Chilly got me a reply to the effect "you should coach then."

Obviously I'm not going to get a chance to coach the Vikes. I'm not qualified, don't want to, etc. obviously. If we all were to respond to each post with nuggets of wisdom like the one I received, we would have nothing to talk about here.

Zig and Chilly aren't checking this
    site for advice or guidance, so even the smuggest of sages here are making ultimately moot points, but points appreciated and sought after by fellow fans. In that light, you're exactly right. Point well-taken.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I hate this time time of year because everyone (including myself) has an opinion and their usually wrong.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I hate this time time of year because everyone (including myself) has an opinion and their usually wrong.
    Reminds me of those hilarious commercials where they show guys making preseason prognostications that are woefully inaccurate in light of the season that came to pass, (Sure LT is a great runner. . . between the 20's!) followed by the blurp "time to get your stories straight." Well, we all have a long off-season to get our stories straight!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Grain of Salt people, always remember that.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    It almost seems like people have popped after the holidays after being extra cheery.....new years hangover affect? or Christmas bills are coming due.

Oh well new year, new offseason and new hope ;D

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It almost seems like people have popped after the holidays after being extra cheery.....new years hangover affect? or Christmas bills are coming due.Oh well new year, new offseason and new hope ;D
    not enough sex

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    It almost seems like people have popped after the holidays after being extra cheery.....new years hangover affect? or Christmas bills are coming due.Oh well new year, new offseason and new hope ;D
    not enough sex
    Bingo.

HJ's & BJ's just don't do it anymore.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"Schutz" wrote:

theres another one. why do they say take this with a grain of salt. if some idiot comes up to me and starts blabbering about how we should draft colt brennen in the first round im gonna look at him like an idiot. but if he finishes the conversation and goes oh wait here take this grain of salt its supposed to be all good? wat the fuck am i gonna do with a grain of salt. it would take like
    a whole sand box to make me happy, other than that hes still pretty much an idiot to me.

just another of my rants sorry
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:

theres another one. why do they say take this with a grain of salt. if some idiot comes up to me and starts blabbering about how we should draft colt brennen in the first round im gonna look at him like an idiot. but if he finishes the conversation and goes oh wait here take this grain of salt its supposed to be all good? wat the fuck am i gonna do with a grain of salt. it would take like
    a whole sand box to make me happy, other than that hes still pretty much an idiot to me.

just another of my rants sorry
    There are more important things in life than internet forums and fan sites. Just keep things in perspective.

Why flip out on someone who says we should take Colt Brennan (which was me, 3 months ago I think)? I mean, no one knows how good the kid is gonna be... If I had said we should draft Tom Brady 8 Years ago... I bet you would have laughed at me then too.

Just understand that you are reading someone's OPINIONS... if you get mad, go outside and take a walk, talk to loved ones, play some guitar. Don't act like an internet bully or a complete dipshit.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast