Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Got this from Kfan

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah we really aren't deep at WR like people think we are..

K-rob.. He is between average and good IMO.. Best we got tho..

T-willy.. Sounds like he is improving.. Probably out of the starting lineup by week 5

T-tay.. Solid.. Nothing special.

M-rob.. Yah I dunno man..

I wouldn't mind adding a WR somewhere.. Not really nessisary.. But it would be alright
    We also have:

Ryan Hoag

Aaron Hosack

Christopher Jones

Kelvin Knight &

Jimmy Redmond

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The ball boy strikes again!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I don't by the WR rumor at all. If we were seriously looking to trade for a WR, we would have at least shown a little interest in Moulds, considering how cheap he was.

We are fine at WR. Koren and Williamson are both good starting caliber WR's. This year TEAM will be stressed to our offense and whole team, much like it has been for NE. We may not have stars at WR, but we have guys that are capable of doing the job they need to do for us to move the ball and win games, much like Branch, Givens, Troy Brown, and David Patten did for NE.

I am sure we will use Williamson a little different this year or at least I hope we do. He is a good fit for the WCO. Get him the ball with a quick pass and let him use his speed and agility to make a play after he catches the ball. Those were his big plays last year, with the exception of his first TD catch. He is fast, but he still isn't the best WR to run a bunch of go routes and to just throw the ball up to. I think Tice trid to use him too much like we used Moss, last season. Childress seems pretty smart and should realize that Williamson is more dangerous when he gets the ball in his hands quicker and gets a chance to run after the catch.

I expect a big leap from Williamson this season as well as Koren, now that they both will be starting all the time. No huge pro bowl #'s from any of our WR's, but as a group they will be respectable.

I think we will rely mostly on our D this year anyways, to win games, more so then our offense.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    gol 'darnit, that ball boy really gets around... he;s on the KFAN boards now too? :wink:
    yup ball boys get all the inside info.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Json is offline GM

I like your thinking muchlove4smoot.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Hmmm who would you believe? Mel Kiper or a kid that holds ballz?

~ This Just In!; Ballboy has learned from reliable sources that the Vikings have re-acquired Randy Moss, John Randle, Chris Hovan & Chris Doleman"

chilifoot is offline Starter

2. Currently looking to trade Brad because they are looking to put together a trade for a starter (Schaub). If they do they will trade Brad to give him a chance to start elsewhere.

my take... the falcon's asking price is still too high... it won't happen... Brad stays

3. Currently looking to trade up for Cutler or V. Young (yes they are strongly considering him).

my take.... only looking to do this is one falls low enough (#10?).... it will likely take a Hershell Walker-type trade to pull it off if one doesn't fall (in which case, the Triangle might wanna high-tail it outta town)

5. Are definitely looking to trade for a receiver.

my take.... this one may be true, but it will be for someone who is maybe more of a role player, not someone like moulds who would come in as our #1 WR... in a WCO you need alot of solid recievers who can run crisp routes and break a tackle or two as well... don't expect us to trade for a big name reciever

6. Cutler, Young or Schaub is Viking bound.

this is just a ridiculous thing to say as though it's definitely going to happen... there is no guarantee we'll end up with any of these guys.... the falcons want the moon and cutler and young could both go top 5 for all we know, without the vikes even getting a sniff

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah we really aren't deep at WR like people think we are..

K-rob.. He is between average and good IMO.. Best we got tho..

T-willy.. Sounds like he is improving.. Probably out of the starting lineup by week 5

T-tay.. Solid.. Nothing special.

M-rob.. Yah I dunno man..

I wouldn't mind adding a WR somewhere.. Not really nessisary.. But it would be alright
    We also have:

Ryan Hoag

Aaron Hosack

Christopher Jones

Kelvin Knight &

Jimmy Redmond
    thanks for mentioning the complete nobodys who will be career practice squad players..that is not depth..just because you have 4 average regulars, and 5 below average receivers doesnt mean you have depth..having depth includes quality, and we only have 2 legitimate, proven, quality WRs in k rob and marcus..we shouldve added a good receiver earlier in FA, or we should take one with 1 of our top 3 picks..we mite have 9 receivers, but none that are anything more than 3rd options or slot receivers on most nfl teams
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Slade" wrote:
    Hmmm who would you believe? Mel Kiper or a kid that holds ballz?

~ This Just In!; Ballboy has learned from reliable sources that the Vikings have re-acquired Randy Moss, John Randle, Chris Hovan & Chris Doleman"
    we had to trade kevin garnett and ricky davis in exchange for them though, with KG going Oakland where he becomes the best receiver since jerry rice but is still surrounded by complete junk even in a totally different sport, and davis heads to tampa bay where he will become the leagues worst corner back due to his inability to contest anything any receiver does against him..this guys name isnt ballboy because he works the sidelines, its more than likely a nickname for something he does besides his day job, and maybe thats how he gets all this "insider info"
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

If you trust anything you read on KFAN you are dumber than I thought!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast