Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100
  1. #21
    VikingGuy43's Avatar
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    96

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I have no problem with their right to insert "poison pill" language....but while our pill was directly related to his paycheck, the state a player plays in is not. I have no problem saying that he must be the highest paid receiver (a like position)....that makes sense..... but to say he cannot wear a helmet with a star or horns.... give me a break....that does NOT have anything DIRECTLY to do with his paycheck.

    Hey Seattle, what round pick will you give us for a slightly used SOD??
    Exactly my man! Exactly the point I am trying to make.

  2. #22
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I have no problem with their right to insert "poison pill" language....but while our pill was directly related to his paycheck, the state a player plays in is not. I have no problem saying that he must be the highest paid receiver (a like position)....that makes sense..... but to say he cannot wear a helmet with a star or horns.... give me a break....that does NOT have anything DIRECTLY to do with his paycheck.

    Hey Seattle, what round pick will you give us for a slightly used SOD??
    Exactly my man! Exactly the point I am trying to make.
    No, you're trying to lay this ALL on Nate, calling him out as a traitor, and "getting revenge".

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Because he turned being a 3rd string wideout with a rebuilding team and a 58 year old QB, to be with an Elite offense and immediate superbowl contenders, he must be of bad character.

    He does what he does to make his life better. And you wonder why many athletes hate the fans...
    Did you even read what I wrote? My questioning of Buleson's character had nothing to do with where he decided to play or the situation that exists there. It had to to with the fact that he participated in Seattle getting "revenge" on the Vikings. Read the entire comment next time before you offer your "amazing opinions" on things.
    You don't know that he actually participated & schemed to put the clause in the contract & was out to screw the Vikings.

    He was happy with the money & a chance to play in front of his parents as a starter on a championship team. It could be as simple as that.

    Nothing in the clauses are guaranteed & he probably would have signed the offer regardless if the clauses were in there or not.

    IMO, It was just Seattles way of retalliating for getting screwed out of Hutch.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    VikingGuy43's Avatar
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    96

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Because he turned being a 3rd string wideout with a rebuilding team and a 58 year old QB, to be with an Elite offense and immediate superbowl contenders, he must be of bad character.

    He does what he does to make his life better. And you wonder why many athletes hate the fans...
    Did you even read what I wrote? My questioning of Buleson's character had nothing to do with where he decided to play or the situation that exists there. It had to to with the fact that he participated in Seattle getting "revenge" on the Vikings. Read the entire comment next time before you offer your "amazing opinions" on things.
    Because any time a player signs with another team, he is "getting revenge on them"

    He signed a huge contract, it had a poison pill. Nothing more, nothing less. Business all the way.
    Minus the poison pill I would have had nothing bad to say about Burleson in this situation. You are right it is a business decision for him but he crossed the line when he added all these stupid poison pill provisions and signed a deal that is identical (minus guranteed money) to the one that Hutch signed with us. He knows that he will not get $49 million over 7 years... he isn't Randy Moss.... but he signed it anyways so that when people read the story in the paper this morning they would say "Seattle got revenge on Minnesota". THat is why I could care less if he leaves.

  5. #25
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    I think this move was necessary, to show the nfl how ridiculous these things have become.

    In all reality, he did not contribute in any way to the pill.

    But think about it...You're a mediocre wideout, hardworking, trying to get better...How does 49 MILLION GUARANTEED DOLLARS sound to you?

    Preeeetty damn good, I'd assume,

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Because he turned being a 3rd string wideout with a rebuilding team and a 58 year old QB, to be with an Elite offense and immediate superbowl contenders, he must be of bad character.

    He does what he does to make his life better. And you wonder why many athletes hate the fans...
    Did you even read what I wrote? My questioning of Buleson's character had nothing to do with where he decided to play or the situation that exists there. It had to to with the fact that he participated in Seattle getting "revenge" on the Vikings. Read the entire comment next time before you offer your "amazing opinions" on things.
    Because any time a player signs with another team, he is "getting revenge on them"

    He signed a huge contract, it had a poison pill. Nothing more, nothing less. Business all the way.
    Minus the poison pill I would have had nothing bad to say about Burleson in this situation. You are right it is a business decision for him but he crossed the line when he added all these stupid poison pill provisions and signed a deal that is identical (minus guranteed money) to the one that Hutch signed with us. He knows that he will not get $49 million over 7 years... he isn't Randy Moss.... but he signed it anyways so that when people read the story in the paper this morning they would say "Seattle got revenge on Minnesota". THat is why I could care less if he leaves.
    What makes you think Nate is the one who added the "provision pills"?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    VikingGuy43's Avatar
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    96

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    Because he turned being a 3rd string wideout with a rebuilding team and a 58 year old QB, to be with an Elite offense and immediate superbowl contenders, he must be of bad character.

    He does what he does to make his life better. And you wonder why many athletes hate the fans...
    Did you even read what I wrote? My questioning of Buleson's character had nothing to do with where he decided to play or the situation that exists there. It had to to with the fact that he participated in Seattle getting "revenge" on the Vikings. Read the entire comment next time before you offer your "amazing opinions" on things.
    You don't know that he actually participated & schemed to put the clause in the contract & was out to screw the Vikings.

    He was happy with the money & a chance to play in front of his parents as a starter on a championship team. It could be as simple as that.

    Nothing in the clauses are guaranteed & he probably would have signed the offer regardless if the clauses were in there or not.

    IMO, It was just Seattles way of retalliating for getting screwed out of Hutch.
    Dude, he signed the offer sheet, so whether he "schemed it" or not doesn't matter. He accepted all the BS provisions in it by signing it. Your last point that it was Seattle's way of retaliating is what makes me say this stuff about Burleson. He collaborated with them in their "revenge seeking mission" against the Vikings. See ya later Burleson.

  8. #28
    VikingGuy43's Avatar
    VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    96

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    I think this move was necessary, to show the nfl how ridiculous these things have become.

    In all reality, he did not contribute in any way to the pill.

    But think about it...You're a mediocre wideout, hardworking, trying to get better...How does 49 MILLION GUARANTEED DOLLARS sound to you?

    Preeeetty gol 'darnit good, I'd assume,
    Finally something I agree with you on.

  9. #29
    rdknieff's Avatar
    rdknieff is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "litlharsh" wrote:
    I think this move was necessary, to show the nfl how ridiculous these things have become.

    In all reality, he did not contribute in any way to the pill.

    But think about it...You're a mediocre wideout, hardworking, trying to get better...How does 49 MILLION GUARANTEED DOLLARS sound to you?

    Preeeetty gol 'darnit good, I'd assume,
    good point. Why is everybody hating? Maybe I'd be more pissed if it happened to someone a little better or has stronger ties to the organization. I like nate, but seriously, I'm not gonna miss him, I'm not gonna hate him....now he's just another player in the NFL.

    DON'T HATE NATE!
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Good Riddance Burleson

    "VikingGuy43" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    I think this move was necessary, to show the nfl how ridiculous these things have become.

    In all reality, he did not contribute in any way to the pill.

    But think about it...You're a mediocre wideout, hardworking, trying to get better...How does 49 MILLION GUARANTEED DOLLARS sound to you?

    Preeeetty gol 'darnit good, I'd assume,
    Finally something I agree with you on.
    Hmmm. You disagree with me when I stated;

    You don't know that he actually participated & schemed to put the clause in the contract & was out to screw the Vikings.

    He was happy with the money & a chance to play in front of his parents as a starter on a championship team. It could be as simple as that.

    Nothing in the clauses are guaranteed & he probably would have signed the offer regardless if the clauses were in there or not.
    But you agree with this?

    In all reality, he did not contribute in any way to the pill.
    :scratch:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Merged: Good Riddance Saddam!/Gong, Gong, Gong...
    By Ltrey33 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 11:44 AM
  2. Burleson is getting used!
    By AlabamaViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
  3. Who's with me on saying "good riddance!"
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 12:43 AM
  4. Burleson "wants to be great" good artical...
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 12:43 AM
  5. Good article on Burleson
    By Articnv in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 12:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •