Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Good Riddance Burleson

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    IMO it is simple. Nate was a stand up player for the Vikes and I wish him well. I am glad he got the money he wanted and gets to play in his home town. I wish we had kept him, but we still have 4 good WR.

I also hope the Seahawks make the playoffs for the next five years. And each of the next 5 years the Vikes get home field advantage through out the playoffs. I hope Seattle does well enough to play against the Vike each of those 5 years. That way Nate will have play 5 games in the state of Minn. and per his contract the Seahawks will have to pay him the whole 49 million guarenteed.
    isnt it just for the 2006 season though? if it wasnt then that would actually be the funniest thing ever to happen in sports
    No the clause is 5 games in the state of Minnesota over the course of his contract.

That would be insane if that happened.
    lol hahaha alrite then, it would surely be unbelievably funny if they had to take a huge cap hit in the 4th or 5th season because he would eventually get to 5 games by then possibly..if he reaches that in the 4th or 5th year of his deal, how do they make up the money from his first couple years? the guy could be accounting for like 15 million in cap space if he gets to 5 games in MN
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

it wouldve been nice to keep him, but now we can finally see williamson play..with burleson here, i dont think we were going to see alot of troy since k rob is the exact same type of player
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Good Luck Nate. I thought he served us well.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    isnt it just for the 2006 season though? if it wasnt then that would actually be the funniest thing ever to happen in sports
    No the clause is 5 games in the state of Minnesota over the course of his contract.

That would be insane if that happened.
    Wrong! The clause is 5 games in Minnesota in any season.

"The NFL office has had no comment on the Burleson offer sheet, but it can't be pleased that teams are trying to circumvent the system with clauses that call for contracts to be guaranteed if, say, a player plays five games in any season in Minnesota, as Burleson's does".

Vikings' actions speak volumes about Burleson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

If I read that article correct, if the Vikings challenge the poison pills and win then they only have to match a 5 year, $14M contract with something over $5M in gaurantees. Am I correct here? If this is the case, why wouldn't the Vikings match the offer?

I certainly think Burly is worth $2+M a year. After all, we signed Longwell with the same size contract.

Maybe I'm way off here and if so I apologize ahead of time but it would make sense to challenge this and if the Vikings win, match the offer and keep a quality WR for a not so bad contract.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    If I read that article correct, if the Vikings challenge the poison pills and win then they only have to match a 5 year, $14M contract with something over $5M in gaurantees. Am I correct here? If this is the case, why wouldn't the Vikings match the offer?

I certainly think Burly is worth $2+M a year. After all, we signed Longwell with the same size contract.

Maybe I'm way off here and if so I apologize ahead of time but it would make sense to challenge this and if the Vikings win, match the offer and keep a quality WR for a not so bad contract.

Or make Seattle up their offer, get a 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd round pick.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I thought Burleson was going to be better than he ended up being. His second year was, I think, more of an indication of his ability/capabilities than last year. That said, it looks like Childress likes Taylor, Williamson and Koren Robinson better, so, let's take the third rounder and execute our draft strategy. Good luck Nate, we will move on and kick Seattle's sorry ***.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    We lost Nate? wtf, this is retarde d! Why didn't we offer him some more money. Now who are we gonna have at reciever that is good besides Koro?
    Troy Williamson Baby

Troy Williamson

Good Riddance

He can take his 550 yard season as a #1 their

Seahaway WAY OVERPAID!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Burly is gonna tear it up there and will be worth the money

He had a down year because we didn't have a QB would throw for barley any yards.. And he was hurt as well..

Hard to put up good numbers when ur hurt.. And didn't have a QB who would get yards anyway..

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That sucks we are going to lose him!! Good luck going back home Nate!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910