Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Giants Cut Three, Arrington, Morton, and Petigout

GIANTS CHOP THREE

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, offensive tackle Luke Petitgout, and running back Chad Morton.

Arrington gave up $4.4 million in earned but unpaid bonus money from the Redskins last year at this time for the ability to hit the free-agent market early.
    But his agents, the Postons, overpriced him, and he missed out on the early cash rush.

Arrington eventually signed a trumped-up seven-year, $49 million deal with the Giants, which was low on guarantees and high on incentives.
    A chronic knee problem marred the early stages of the season, and then he popped an Achilles' tendon and was lost for the year.

Petitgout, the team's starting left tackle at the start of 2006, fractured his leg on November 5 against the Bears and didn't return for the rest of the season.
    The Giants' first-round pick (19th overall) in 1999, Petitgout was under contract for the next two seasons, at salaries of $5 million per year.

Morton tore an ACL late in the season, the second such injury he has suffered in three years.
    He was signed through 2009, and was scheduled to earn a salary of $720,000 in 2007.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I am a huge fan of LaVar Arrington and shocked to see they cut him. He's a tremendous athlete and could be a really scary, game changing linebacker if he were utilized properly.

Petigout was a tackle with the giants since 1999.

I would like to pick up one of, if not both of these guys.

With Napoleon potentially out the door, and since we have no right tackle they'd be nice veteran additions.

Now you all might say that they're not going to play at the same level because of injury... but you'd be wrong. Arrington had an achilles injury, and Petigout broke his leg. The broken leg will heal and not have any lasting effects, same goes for the achilles tendon. My uncle tore his a few years back, a complete tear too, and he said after they repaired it and with rehab it's stronger than the original tendon, it's almost impossible to tear again.

I'd definitely pick one of them up.... preferably Arrington, just because he's an amazing talent.

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Giants Cut Three, Arrington, Morton, and Petigout

Im almost certain we wont get any of these guys. Also it was Emmons who got cut, not Morton (read the updated post on pft.com).

1. When was the last time Arrington played a full season without injury?
    Also, he will demand a lot of money.
    2. Petitgout is going to be getting big OT bucks, and with only 14 mil in cap room we simply cant afford him.

3. Emmons is a depth guy, and last I checked we have a lot of those types at LB.

Chuch.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Bottom line is, I don't want no dam Giants players coming here.........To me, they are our biggest out of division rivals...... >

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Arringtington isn't a surprise at all.
    Who want's there millions taking space on the bench.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Arrington is too undisciplined on a team's defense...don't want him here.

IF Petitgout wanted to switch to RT, I might be willing to consider him...IF he wasn't too expensive.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Arrington is too undisciplined on a team's defense...don't want him here.

IF Petitgout wanted to switch to RT, I might be willing to consider him...IF he wasn't too expensive.

Exactly he likes to free lance. Somebody will take a chance on him. Plus knee injuries are the major no no ini sports!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

You cannot deny the fact that he is an amazing athlete.
    If he were to play a whole season without injuries he would be a top LB no doubt.
    I don't know if it is possible for him not to get injured in a season, but he is a complete freak, and the vikes D would give up exactly 3 rushing yards a game.
    (that yardage might be a little bit of a dream, but you know what i mean) I know for sure i would not want to be lining up agains two bada$$ LB's in EJ and Lavar... Scary.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

why is it that everytime scrubbs get cut from other teams, there is always talk about them coming to the Vikings?

If they didn't suck to begin with, they wouldn't have gotten cut in the first place.

I don't want any of these losers on our team.
    >

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    why is it that everytime scrubbs get cut from other teams, there is always talk about them coming to the Vikings?

If they didn't suck to begin with, they wouldn't have gotten cut in the first place.

I don't want any of these losers on our team.
    >
    LMAO, nice.
    There are a lot of folks that get cut due to salary cap issues too, there isn't direct correlation to being cut and sucking.
    Funny stuff though, I don't want any of these yahoos on the team either....hmmm, I wonder if Spielman has read pp.o yet today so he knows what to do.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Petigout is nice but he is a left tackle and we already have another left tackle and his name is Bryant Mckinnie

Formerly Viking24

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast