Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting a better 1st!!!

I know alot of people have been talking about giving up our two 3rd round picks and our two 2nd round picks to get another 1st!!! But what if we give up our 1st, one 2nd, and one 3rd round pick to move up in the draft!!! How far can we move up with that??? I think that could be a major possibility since we will still have one 2nd round pick and one 3rd pick after we make the trade!!! if we were serious about Cutler i could see us trying to make a move up but what's everybody elses opinion!!?!?
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

clean90 is offline Waterboy

Re: Getting a better 1st!!!

According to the value chart, if we packaged our 1st rounder(17), our 1st 2nd rounder(48) and our 1st 3rd rounder(83), we could move up to around the 6th pick.

I would prefer to see us trade down in round 1 and up in round 2.

t_13 is offline Rookie

omar jacobs has as much potential as culter.. ya just dont know..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Personaly,

I think we should sit right the hell where we are. There is some solid QB's we could grab in the second round. QB's who I think can and will be just as good in the pros as young or Cutler....

Charlie Whitehurtst for one.

We should take the best LB available with our 17 pic and take Charlie with our first second round pick..

Here's a little something on him..

Position: QB Number: 06
    School: Clemson Height: 6'4

This is a quarterback who is gifted with both physical and athletic skill, along with the intangibles you look for in a player behind center
    He has the size, mobility, and shows the confidence in the pocket to lead his team down the field on a consistent basis
    He is more of a pocket passer than anything else at this point in his career, with a quick release, and has the mobility and arm strength to throw on the run, and has the the ability to scramble once he is outside the pocket area
    He is also willing to stand in the pocket to complete the pass, even when he feels the hit coming, which is a important trait to have as a quarterback, he also posses a good array of touches on various passes, and as a passer he is not afraid to make a mistake, which I find important, because to become a successful quarterback you have to be willing to take instinctive chances on the field, and he maintains eye contact with the receivers down field to allow him to make plays
    He maintains a good rhythm and pace to the offense during the course of a game, and brings a air of confidence to offense and the players around him, which is important to have the other players around you believe in and have the confidence in your ability to always give them a chance to win
    He is a quarterback to watch for

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Personaly,

I think we should sit right the hell where we are. There is some solid QB's we could grab in the second round. QB's who I think can and will be just as good in the pros as young or Cutler....

Charlie Whitehurtst for one.

We should take the best LB available with our 17 pic and take Charlie with our first second round pick..

Here's a little something on him..

Position: QB Number: 06
    School: Clemson Height: 6'4

This is a quarterback who is gifted with both physical and athletic skill, along with the intangibles you look for in a player behind center
    He has the size, mobility, and shows the confidence in the pocket to lead his team down the field on a consistent basis
    He is more of a pocket passer than anything else at this point in his career, with a quick release, and has the mobility and arm strength to throw on the run, and has the the ability to scramble once he is outside the pocket area
    He is also willing to stand in the pocket to complete the pass, even when he feels the hit coming, which is a important trait to have as a quarterback, he also posses a good array of touches on various passes, and as a passer he is not afraid to make a mistake, which I find important, because to become a successful quarterback you have to be willing to take instinctive chances on the field, and he maintains eye contact with the receivers down field to allow him to make plays
    He maintains a good rhythm and pace to the offense during the course of a game, and brings a air of confidence to offense and the players around him, which is important to have the other players around you believe in and have the confidence in your ability to always give them a chance to win
    He is a quarterback to watch for
    Whitehurst is the right pick Ned! IMO, we sit at 17 and pickup Whitehurst ASAP in the 2nd round.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Trading up to get one of the top three qb's makes me nervous. i just dont see the need when the draft is this deep in players, for all we know the top three quarterbacks could turn out to be Ryan leafs. They could also turn out to be Joe montana's also but i dont see us taking that risk.

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

The only reason I would want to move up is if the pack blow it and let Hawk fall to #6, and san fran is stupid enough to let us trade up to grab him.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

TAKE JACOBS OR WHITEHURST IN THE 2ND AND TAKE THE BEST PALYER AT 17

I think we should definetely stay put. There is no guarantee that 1 of the big 3 will still be there, and we really need a linebacker (i've heard we'll probably take ernie sims) there will still be good quarterbacks with a lot of potential in the second round. Other really good quarterbacks have been taken later (Brady)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Ever since the Walker trade I shy away from trading for better picks! Seems we always get burned!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast