Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gary Russell ready for NFL scouts

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurplePlain" wrote:
    I agree with CoJo here. If we can get the kid in the late rounds.... Go for it.
    Yeah, we want a kid who failed out of college and then showed up out-of-shape for the combine (ie. the most important date of his life) to run slow 40s and be unimpressive.

Trade Up!

=Z=
    Yeah, he totally UNimpressed me!
    What a lazy turd!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

I'm sorry but I have to reply to this idea. I think that the Vikings should take him as their 7th round choice. WHY? because if you get him back into the football atmosphere you can push him back to where he was in 2005. Who cares how he did in school, he ate the playbook up at the U and should be given a shot to make the team. If he doesn't its not a big deal, most seventh rounders in this day and age don't make the squad anyway. Plus we can stick his a$$ on the practice squad if we see potential.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ballhog27" wrote:
    I'm sorry but I have to reply to this idea. I think that the Vikings should take him as their 7th round choice. WHY? because if you get him back into the football atmosphere you can push him back to where he was in 2005. Who cares how he did in school, he ate the playbook up at the U and should be given a shot to make the team. If he doesn't its not a big deal, most seventh rounders in this day and age don't make the squad anyway. Plus we can stick his a$$ on the practice squad if we see potential.
    Then why waste a draft pick on him?
    Why not just try to sign him as an undrafted FA once everyone else passes?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePlain is offline Rookie

"Then why waste a draft pick on him?
    Why not just try to sign him as an undrafted FA once everyone else passes?"

Obviously if you consider him a waste at 7th then there is no discussion. I would consider him worthy of taking in the 7th for sure and potentially a great value. Could he be a bust??? Absolutely!! That's what the 7th round is all about. A crap shoot.

If he doesn't get drafted then we'd be insane not to sign
    him and plug him into the practice squad.

I just love the judgmental attitudes and the comparisons to drug addicts as if being a college drop out equates to addiction. Get real and get off the high horse.

Giving football players a second chance is common, for much more egregious behaviors. Successes..... Chris Carter. Failures K Rob.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe we could retire his jersey and put it on the restroom wall next to Demetrius Underwood's.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurplePlain is offline Rookie

"Maybe we could retire his jersey and put it on the restroom wall next to Demetrius Underwood's."

Now that analogy might make a tiny bit of sense had we taken Underwood in the 7th round and not the 1st.....

And it's a little underhanded to open such a deep wound by bringing up Underwood. Have you no decency!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't mind grabbing him if we didn't have Chester, Memo, and Fason

3 solid backs who will all be better then Russell.. Nothing special.. But better

One Love

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePlain" wrote:
    In the upper-right-hand corner of every post there is a button labeled Quote - it is MUCH easier for you to deal with and others to read than you doing your own quoting.

Obviously if you consider him a waste at 7th then there is no discussion. I would consider him worthy of taking in the 7th for sure and potentially a great value. Could he be a bust??? Absolutely!! That's what the 7th round is all about. A crap shoot.
    I don't consider any draft pick a crap shoot, 7th or otherwise.
    The likelihood of one of them turning into Marques Colston is highly unlikely, but there are useful NFL bodies to be acquired in those spots, so they shouldn't be handled lightly.

I disagree, as do others.
    But that's allowed, isn't it?

I just love the judgmental attitudes and the comparisons to drug addicts as if being a college drop out equates to addiction. Get real and get off the high horse.
    You find where I wrote anything like that.
    Go ahead, I'll wait.

Now that you haven't found anything like that, I'll be expecting an apology in your follow-up post.

Giving football players a second chance is common, for much more egregious behaviors. Successes..... Chris Carter. Failures K Rob.
    Failures:
    Lawrence Phillips, Demetrius Underwood, Maurice Clarett, Najeh Davenport and on and on and on.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurplePlain" wrote:
    In the upper-right-hand corner of every post there is a button labeled Quote - it is MUCH easier for you to deal with and others to read than you doing your own quoting.

I don't consider any draft pick a crap shoot, 7th or otherwise.
    The likelihood of one of them turning into Marques Colston is highly unlikely, but there are useful NFL bodies to be acquired in those spots, so they shouldn't be handled lightly.

I disagree, as do others.
    But that's allowed, isn't it?

You find where I wrote anything like that.
    Go ahead, I'll wait.

Now that you haven't found anything like that, I'll be expecting an apology in your follow-up post.

Failures:
    Lawrence Phillips, Demetrius Underwood, Maurice Clarett, Najeh Davenport and on and on and on.

=Z=

Nice post..lmao, I agree why waist time on someone who obviously likes to waist everyone else's time. ???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123