Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gary Russell May Apply For The NFL Supplemental Draft

"ejmat" wrote:
    The only thing is we will give up a pick in next year's draft. That's the only reason why I would think about this.
    Nothing important though.. Still more upside.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

From what his stats show and from all that is said, he may be.

viking_40 is offline Rookie

What do you guys think the chances are of us drafting him, I don't know much about the supplemental draft, coming from the UK we don't get much offseason news and this is only the second offseason I have followed from the internet.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

At this point I have no idea what the front office is thinking. Since he is local and he's seems to be a good talent they may take a look at him. The supplemental draft basically let's teams draft players that are free agent undrafted players now and basically lose that round of draft pick in next years draft. I hope that makes sense.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I really don't think he could cut it in the NFL.. Just my honest opinion..

He would have really beat out Maroney for the job if he was better.. I don't know any coaches that will play players because they like them better.. You can make an argument for Tice if ya want about that.. But really if he was better he would be starting..

I'm not sure.. But I think Armir Pinnix had better stats then Maroney in the games he played in too..

I think Russell relyed on his strength alot.. He is a very very strong guy.. But he won't be able to outrun anyone.. And will get tackled right away..

And I don't think he would fit the WCO all that well anyway..

I'm not an NFL or College analyst (good thing) but I don't think he will be anything special.. But if we happened to give him a shot I wouldn't complain unless it was a 3rd rounder or lower

One Love

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm pretty sure it's too late to declare.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

He would have really beat out Maroney for the job if he was better.. I don't know any coaches that will play players because they like them better.. You can make an argument for Tice if ya want about that.. But really if he was better he would be starting..

I'm not sure.. But I think Armir Pinnix had better stats then Maroney in the games he played in too..

I think Russell relyed on his strength alot.. He is a very very strong guy.. But he won't be able to outrun anyone.. And will get tackled right away..

I'm not an NFL or College analyst (good thing) but I don't think he will be anything special.. But if we happened to give him a shot I wouldn't complain unless it was a 3rd rounder or lower

One Love

Come on, do you really think that any one was going to start over Maroney last year on the Goph's? Even if they were better?

I do not care if the Goph's had a sophomore named Shaun Alexander, he would not have taken the starting job from Maroney. So to say that Russell was not the better runner because he didn't start over Maroney is ridiculous!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

One Love

Come on, do you really think that any one was going to start over Maroney last year on the Goph's? Even if they were better?

I do not care if the Goph's had a sophomore named Shaun Alexander, he would not have taken the starting job from Maroney. So to say that Russell was not the better runner because he didn't start over Maroney is ridiculous!
    You have to remember that the o-line had something to do with this. If every runner on the gophers manages to have 1000 yard seasons behind the same o-line, things are starting to seem fishy. We'll see next year with how well maroney does..

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

One Love

You have to remember that the o-line had something to do with this. If every runner on the gophers manages to have 1000 yard seasons behind the same o-line, things are starting to seem fishy. We'll see next year with how well maroney does..
    I bet he'll be allright. Just as you saw the other one of the old Thunder and Lightning backs Barber III last year playing better and better towards the end of the season for the Cowgirls.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

NFL | G. Russell not eligible for the supplemental draft
    Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:05:31 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports former Minnesota RB Gary Russell is not eligible for the July 13 NFL supplemental draft because he is not yet three years removed from his high school graduation. Russell's father, Gary Sr., has noted to several sources that his son will attempt to transfer to a lower level of college football.

Hope he does well he could be a good back for someone in the future.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast