Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Garland Greene's Updated Mock draft

I am convinced that the Vikings have something else cooking for draft day that will get them more picks, somehow some way don't be surprised if they pick up another 2nd round pick, but I would expect a pick in round 3 or 4.

2nd Round
    Anthony Collins OT Kansas

The Vikings most pressing need at this point is OL and QB and Collins is the best OT tackle that will be on the board unless someone falls. Would probably be more of a RT in the NFL but could eventually make the Move to LT. Duane Brown is a very close second to me at this spot as well if Collins is gone, I would be very happy with this pick . Sam Baker could also be a pick at this spot.

4th Round
    Frank Okam DT Texas

A big DT, but has been somewhat inconsistent. Okam would provide some solid depth at DT and a chance to fill in for Pat Williams when needed.

5th Round
    Josh Johnson QB San Diego-
    He has moved up my board.
    Could also be a 4th Round Pick. The Vikings will need to address the depth at QB at some point and Johnson is just the type to do that. Will be a development at QB but has much more of an upside that TJack did coming out of college from a small school.
    Finished his career as the Toreros' all-time leader with a 176.68 passing efficiency rating... Completed 724-of-1,065 passes (.680) for 9,699 yards and 113 touchdowns (with just 15 picks)...Finished with 1,864 yards rushing on 307 attempts (6.1 avg.) with 19 career rushing scores. As a three-year starter for the Toreros he was 30-4 and led San Diego to two Mid-Major Sports Network championships and three PFL conference titles. He finished with 11,563 yards of total offense. Other options might be Woodson from KY or Ainge from TN who also could be a QB available at this spot.

6th Round
    Tommy Blake DE TCU

I really hope the Vikings take a chance on him. He was a for sure first round pick until his depression ruined his senior season. Now many are saying he could not be drafted at all. Blake is convinced that his depression is under control and if he can prove himself, he
    may soon become the biggest steal of the draft. At this point in the draft he is worth taking the risk on.

6th Round
    Dominique Barber S Minnesota

Ok maybe a homer pick but would add some depth at the Safety position. Was by far the most solid performer on a horrible Gopher defense. But has proven that he has the talent to play in teh NFL

7th Round
    Kenneth Moore-WR Wake Forrest

His best chance to make the team would be a KR/PR But has solid hands and has proven that he is a capable WR. Has potential to be a solid reserve but excel as the Vikings PR

UDFA

Derrick Lokey DT Texas
    Okam's DT partner at Texas, more than makes up for his lack of skills and size with his attitude, and non stop motor. Can also be a LS.

Martel Van Zant CB Oklahoma State
    Another player I hope gets a chance to make it in the NFL. Has already overcome alot of doubters that he could play because he is deaf.

Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

If they don't look at drafting a QB and Colt goes undrafted(which he could) His best chance to make it in the NFL is a QB in a WCO system. Its hard to argue with numbers, so there must be some talent there the question continues to be asked is if it translates into th NFL.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Garland Greene's Updated Mock draft

IF just ONE of your picks beyond the second rounder pans out well, it would be worth picking them...I am still apprehensive about the Tommy Blake pick though...shades of Underwood.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

very very nice post my friend
    if this draft were to happen id be very happy, and with seeing PPOers mocks lately, they know what we need

just one thing id adjust, instead of goin DE in the 6th Rd, id like to see us go after James Hall ILB from VT, i think have pretty good depth at DE for now.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    very very nice post my friend
    if this draft were to happen id be very happy, and with seeing PPOers mocks lately, they know what we need

just one thing id adjust, instead of goin DE in the 6th Rd, id like to see us go after James Hall ILB from VT, i think have pretty good depth at DE for now.
    Blake has alot of potential but had some health problems that have hurt him. I hope someone tales a chance on him. But I do like Hall, but also not sure if we need a LB either.
    We are already have six LB that I think will make the team plus Rufus coming back who i think has a chance. but yeah Hill is a solid pick.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    IF just ONE of your picks beyond the second rounder pans out well, it would be worth picking them...I am still apprehensive about the Tommy Blake pick though...shades of Underwood.
    That would be my concern but as a 6th round pick it would be a Low Risk-High reward type of situation.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice.
    I would expect that we might see 2 UFA QB's in camp this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'm not a college football follower but as in your descriptions it makes sense to me especially looking at the stats of Josh Johnson makes me excited about him. Man i got to follow some more College next season.. :-
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post, GG. I too like this one, a lot! Perfect fit for us.

5th Round
    Josh Johnson QB San Diego-He has moved up my board.
    Could also be a 4th Round Pick. The Vikings will need to address the depth at QB at some point and Johnson is just the type to do that. Will be a development at QB but has much more of an upside that TJack did coming out of college from a small school.
    Finished his career as the Toreros' all-time leader with a 176.68 passing efficiency rating... Completed 724-of-1,065 passes (.680) for 9,699 yards and 113 touchdowns (with just 15 picks)...Finished with 1,864 yards rushing on 307 attempts (6.1 avg.) with 19 career rushing scores. As a three-year starter for the Toreros he was 30-4 and led San Diego to two Mid-Major Sports Network championships and three PFL conference titles. He finished with 11,563 yards of total offense. Other options might be Woodson from KY or Ainge from TN who also could be a QB available at this spot.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...