Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garcia anyone?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Garcia anyone?

Jeff Garcia is Not the Answer for Anyone
    Posted Feb 6th 2007 11:00PM by mjd

[img width=242 height=257]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.aolsportsblog.com/media/2007/02/jeff-garcia-240.jpg[/img]

==========================

POSTED 7:08 a.m. EST, February 7, 2007

GARCIA WANTS TO GET PAID
    pft.com

While Eagles quarterback Jeff Garcia says that he is "very optimistic and open-minded" about the possibility of re-signing with the team that he led to the divisional round in 2006, Garcia made it clear that he'll need a contract well in excess of the one-year deal for the veteran minimum that he received a year ago.

"It's tough for me to sit here and say that I'm going to close all doors because there might be something out there that is either going to be interesting to me or force Philadelphia to not just think they can get away with giving me the same thing they gave me this past year," Garcia said.

Translation:
    Garcia plans to hit the open market and force the Eagles to match (or come darn close to matching) the best offer he can get.

And that means, in our view, that he won't be back.
    We can envision an offer to Garcia in the range of $3 million or more per year, maybe more.
    And that's something that the Eagles simply won't touch.

Though we're inclined not to believe the predictable stream of "all is well" coming from the Eagles, Garcia, and starter Donovan McNabb regarding the ability of the two quarterbacks to coexist, if it's true that McNabb would welcome a return by Garcia then the Eagles should have signed Garcia to a longer-term deal when they signed him in 2006.

But the lure of the twist in the rules regarding the signing of veteran free agents was too strong for the Eagles, who have shown an affinity over the years for staying well under the salary cap.
    By inking Garcia to a one-year contract worth $710,000, the Eagles carried a significantly lower cap charge.

And now that his contract is set to expire after one of his best performances of his career, Garcia is looking to turn that success into cash, as he rightly should.
    "I realize what's best for me and I realize what's more comfortable for me," Garcia said.
    "I know being here will be a great thing for me, so in no way will I turn my back on that, but in no way do I want to be taken advantage of for my hard work and dedication and for what I bring to the team.'

Garcia has been linked most prominently with the Vikings, since Minnesota uses the same offense that Garcia operated in Philly.
    Other teams that have been mentioned as possible destinations include the Broncos and the Bears.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

More of the same........

Posted on Wed, Feb. 07, 2007

[size=13pt]Garcia makes it clear price must be right[/size]

By STEVE KING
    kings@phillynews.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmmcgorman is offline Rookie

"olson_10" wrote:
    cant object to throwing in a guy that completely turned around a team in philly
    This is a dumb post, McNabb was on pace to have an MVP year, says. . . everyone.
    Garcia stepped into the number one offense in the league with genius playcaller andy reid.
    You think chilly has plays drawn up for garcia that will produce the same results?
    I don't think so, run, run, dunk pass to mewelde then 4th and 12.
    Come on.

Forget shaub for the last time, we will not get him under any circumstance.

If and I mean if we go after some vet, I think we would be better off with plummer.
    He is still mobile, can make plays happen, he had a 40-18 record under the broncos.
    Much better than garcias one good year by accident due to a tremendous team and not his ability to do anything at all.
    I feel that the broncos went with cutler because plummer is getting older, they got cutler at a steal, why not start him.
    Maybe the vikes would have been smart to trade up last year and get this kid.

"jmmcgorman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    This is a dumb post, McNabb was on pace to have an MVP year, says. . . everyone.
    Garcia stepped into the number one offense in the league with genius playcaller andy reid.
    [size=10pt]You think chilly has plays drawn up for garcia that will produce the same results?
    Come on.
    [/size]Forget shaub for the last time, we will not get him under any circumstance.

If and I mean if we go after some vet, I think we would be better off with plummer.
    He is still mobile, can make plays happen, he had a 40-18 record under the broncos.
    Much better than garcias one good year by accident due to a tremendous team and not his ability to do anything at all.
    I feel that the broncos went with cutler because plummer is getting older, they got cutler at a steal, why not start him.
    If you want to call someone else's post dumb and then support it with garbage, what does that make your post?
    The play-calling myth gets old.
    If you're going to use that excuse at least back it up with facts instead of contrived opinions.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    If you want to call someone else's post dumb and then support it with garbage, what does that make your post?
    If you're going to use that excuse at least back it up with facts instead of contrived opinions.
    If that truly were a requirement for posting, it would be awfully quiet around these parts.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmmcgorman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    [size=10pt]You think chilly has plays drawn up for garcia that will produce the same results?
    Come on.
    [/size]Forget shaub for the last time, we will not get him under any circumstance.

If memory serves, we did try to trade up for Cutler.
    The asking price was much to high.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmmcgorman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    Come on.

I should not have said the post was dumb, however it is getting old continually seeing new posts saying we should get shaub.
    I also am not trying to use the play calling myth as a contrived opinion.
    The fact is that the playcalling is not going to change.
    Changing out an old vet at 38 with one at 37 is not going to help, FACT!
    Garcia replace a quarterback in the number one offense, FACT!
    The Vikings don't have a number one calibur offense, FACT!
    Garcia did horrible at cleveland and detroit, FACT!

"jmmcgorman" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jmmcgorman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    Come on.

I should not have said the post was dumb, however it is getting old continually seeing new posts saying we should get shaub.
    Much better.
    I felt like going on the attack and you were the perfect candidate
    ;D.
    There are threads all over the place that do this though, the coach could say there is a 0% chance that we will take a DE in the first 3 rounds and there will be a thread the same day talking about how the Vikings need to get a DE in the 1st round.
    That is why we have to fight the good fight
    ;D.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmmcgorman" wrote:
    No, that's an opinion.

I don't have the stats, but that is a fact.
    You do know, BTW, that there can be both true and false facts?
    That something is a fact does not mean it is true, even though that is the popular use and misconception surrounding the word.

I suppose that depends on what you mean by "number one calibur(sic) offense", doesn't it?

In neither Cleveland nor Detroit did Garcia run a version of the WCO which he had run in San Francisco with success and then in Philadelphia last year.
    FACT!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    [quote]
    "jmmcgorman" wrote:

No, that's an opinion.

True!

You do know, BTW, that there can be both true and false facts?
    That something is a fact does not mean it is true, even though that is the popular use and misconception surrounding the word.

True!

I suppose that depends on what you mean by "number one calibur(sic) offense", doesn't it?

False

In neither Cleveland nor Detroit did Garcia run a version of the WCO which he had run in San Francisco with success and then in Philadelphia last year.
    FACT!

True!

=Z=

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast