Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: future QB

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: future QB

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    we need a QB that can make plays and our depth chart for QB is full of suck and inexperience.
    Maybe we should have drafted a winner or signed a veteran QB in the offseason are QB with the most experience has started what like 20 games? BAH

Hawkeye I think you are to quick to pull the T-Jacks a bust!
    T-Jack wasn't supposed to start for 2 years but Brad couldn't hold up and T-Jack got thrown to the Wolves with his 1st start at Green Bay on a Thursday night game with only 2 days to prepare and it was very cold and rainy.

They should have started him the week before at home against Detroit and given him a chance.

But what happened is what happened so lets compare Vince Young's 1st 4 regular season games to T-Jacks 1st 4 regular season games.

Vince Young

Game 1
    4 Pass attempts
    3 completions
    27 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    2 fumbles

0 rushing attempts

Game 2
    20 pass attempts
    7 completions
    106 yards
    1 TD
    5 rushing attempts
    24 yards

Game 3
    29 pass attempts
    14 completions
    155 yards

1 TD
    2 INTs
    2 fumbles
    5 rushing attempts 3 yards

Game 4
    21 pass attempts
    10 completions
    63 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    4 rushing attempts
    43 yards

Total
    74 attempts
    34 completions (45.9 %) 351 yards
    2 TDs
    4 INTs
    4 fumbles
    14 rushing attempts
    70yards
    1 TD

Tarvaris Jackson’s 1st 4 games

Game 1
    4 attempts
    3 completions
    35 yards

0 TDs
    0 INTs
    1 fumble

0 rushing attempts

Game 2
    23 attempts
    14 completions 177 yards
    1 TD
    1 INT

3 rushing attempts
    20 yards

Game 3
    20 attempts
    10 completions
    50 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    1 fumble
    5 rushing attempts
    23 yards

Game 4
    34 attempts
    20 completions

213 yards 1 TD
    2 INTs
    2 fumbles
    7 rushing attempts
    34 yards
    1 TD

Total
    81 attempts
    47 completions
    (58.8%)
    475 yards
    2 TDs
    4 INTs
    4 fumbles
    15 rushing attempts
    77 yards
    1 TD

T-Jack had a better completion %
    They had the same number of TDs rushing and passing
    Same number of INTs and fumbles
    Both had a 10 yard average per completion
    Both had a 5 yard rushing average

Vince Young:
    Gets rookie of the year and people say he is going to be a great player.
    T-Jack:

People lose faith and think the Vikes should draft Quinn.
    Holy hell...I've never seen that comparison.

It makes me feel a little better....but I didn't think Young DESERVED the rookie of the year or looked that great anyway. He made some great comebacks and showed good leadership (something Tarvaris didn't show much of) but Young's passing stats weren't that great. IMO, Young was a publicity pick for rookie of the year.

I thought Jones-Drew was hands down the rookie of the year.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Jones- Drew was a beast

st.cloud_83 is offline Waterboy

Marques Colston was rookie of the year hands down. . .
    stats don't lie.

70 rec, 1038 yards, 8 pay dirts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    Alot of runners and WR's.
    Can we get a QB?

TJack is not going to cut it.
    I was happy about him last year but after seeing him play.
    He looks like he never played football before.

When they asked him if he was ready, he didn't seem that excited.
    I think all 3 QBs will be playing sometime next year.
    Not good if you ask me.
    Can we sign another?

Here is a idea.
    Bring Trent Green in here for a few years and let him teach the kids how to play QB.
    Maybe that would help a little.

Isn't that what the coach is for?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    we need a QB that can make plays and our depth chart for QB is full of suck and inexperience.
    Maybe we should have drafted a winner or signed a veteran QB in the offseason are QB with the most experience has started what like 20 games? BAH
    stop bashing Tjack, before this guy was a starter he did great and everyone wanted him to start. Now hes started bout what 3-4 ( I forgot) and now people dont want him. I think he just need(ed) some time, he will do good this year I think.
    i completely agree! Tjack was just thrown to the dogs at the end of the year. Brad didn't make any adjustments from their pocket passer (Brad Johnson) to their mobile newcomer (Tarvaris Jackson). I think if Tjack wants to have a good career with Minnesota then Brad Childress needs to start tweaking his offense to best suit Tjack's skills!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    stop bashing Tjack, before this guy was a starter he did great and everyone wanted him to start. Now hes started bout what 3-4 ( I forgot) and now people dont want him. I think he just need(ed) some time, he will do good this year I think.
    i completely agree! Tjack was just thrown to the dogs at the end of the year. Brad didn't make any adjustments from their pocket passer (Brad Johnson) to their mobile newcomer (Tarvaris Jackson). I think if Tjack wants to have a good career with Minnesota then Brad Childress needs to start tweaking his offense to best suit Tjack's skills!
    What adjustments could have Brad Childress made regarding that?

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"Billy" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

I watched his preseason games where he was able to get out of the pocket and make plays on the move. When i watched him sit back in the pocket and try to pass the ball he just seemed uncomfortable. the one play i remember the best is when he rolled out of the pocket and drew in a few defenders and lobbed the ball over their heads to Mewelde Moore on a screen play. Brad Childress needs to let him use his legs more to create big plays instead of sitting back in the pocket and throwing to his checkdown receivers.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Billy" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

I watched his preseason games where he was able to get out of the pocket and make plays on the move. When i watched him sit back in the pocket and try to pass the ball he just seemed uncomfortable. the one play i remember the best is when he rolled out of the pocket and drew in a few defenders and lobbed the ball over their heads to Mewelde Moore on a screen play. Brad Childress needs to let him use his legs more to create big plays instead of sitting back in the pocket and throwing to his checkdown receivers.
    That play was ALL Mewelde.

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    [quote author=Hawkeye23 link=topic=33777.msg573192#msg573192 date=1177967033]

That play was ALL Mewelde.
    [/quote]

i just think that TJack seems like a quiet player and not a leader that this team needs.
    Everyone here knows the trouble we have had in the past and we need a true leader to hold this team together.
    I think that we lost Tomlin who was lets face it, the only good part of our defense.
    He ran the defense like we should run our team and if we forget what he taught them were done.
    Right now our leader for our offense is Matt Birk who else on the offense has been there for more than 4 years?
    think about it we have so many new faces that we need someone to take control.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

they need a denver style offense that involves lots of rollouts and draws, let him use his feet to wear out the D line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast