Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Frerotte wants shot at QB job

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=50564.msg908462#msg908462 date=1234800502]
    if gus starts... we might as well tank the season
    What like last season when we made the playoffs, and Gus went 8-3?

Yeah you might as well start mentioning us in the same breathe as the Lions. :
    lol dude. it was AP who did great. gus sucked it up every single game he played. He had a 2-1 interception to touchdown ratio.
    How'd you do in math there, ocho cinco?

2 to 1 would imply that he threw twice as many INTs as TDs....He threw 12 TDs and 15 INTs so...

His actual ratio would be something like 4:5.
    He was exercising pp.o bylaw 435.532c: You always have the right to pull information from your asshole.
    Ah...yes....I neglected to read the bylaws.
    :P
    [/quote]

That's OK...one of the other bylaws is you should not read the bylaws.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Gus always catches hell about his interceptions. I don't feel he deserves the disrespect he sometimes gets on this board.
    He was a winner and gave the team his best.
    And though I respect him for that, I don't see a place for him on next years roster.

I think most people want to see an upgrade at QB.

I don't desire a real QB competition. I want to see an upgrade.

An upgrade over Gus and TJ.

However, if the Vikings feel TJ is the man, then Gus would be a serviceable back up.

I sure hope not.
    and Brett Favre does?
    What's next, defending Al Harris?

Any packer or ex-packer is fair game here isn't it?

LOL I am just saying Gus deserves the disrespect he gets. He gets sacked a lot and throws a lot of INTs. I will be glad to see him leave. Favre was only in the Jets system for what 0 months before the season, yet people like Marrdro like to point out all the INTs he threw. Laughable.
    Hey. I never disrespected Farve here. The chance he will wear purple is almost nil. Not sure why you don't get that?
    Gus won. He played for the Vikings. He did the best he could.
    I can respect that. Sorry you can't!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Gus always catches hell about his interceptions. I don't feel he deserves the disrespect he sometimes gets on this board.
    And though I respect him for that, I don't see a place for him on next years roster.

However, if the Vikings feel TJ is the man, then Gus would be a serviceable back up.

I sure hope not.
    and Brett Favre does?

LOL I am just saying Gus deserves the disrespect he gets. He gets sacked a lot and throws a lot of INTs. I will be glad to see him leave. Favre was only in the Jets system for what 0 months before the season, yet people like Marrdro like to point out all the INTs he threw. Laughable.
    Hey. I never disrespected Farve here. The chance he will wear purple is almost nil. Not sure why you don't get that?
    I know you didn't. If you read my posts you would see that I do understand that Favre won't be here.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Favre files his retirement papers with NFL[/size]

February 11, 2009

nydailynews.com

This time, Brett Favre appears to be dead serious about staying retired.

The future Hall of Fame quarterback has filed his official retirement papers with the league, a person familiar with the situation told the Daily News Wednesday. Favre didn't take that step last March when he retired from the Packers, fueling immediate speculation that he was having second thoughts....

Well that is all she wrote. We don't get Garcia, you can forget about any Super Bowl run.
    Gus did not win. The Vikings won. I respect the fact he gave his all. I don't respect the fact he had more INTs than TDs.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=50564.msg908431#msg908431 date=1234797102]

I sure hope not.
    and Brett Favre does?

I know you didn't. If you read my posts you would see that I do understand that Favre won't be here.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

February 11, 2009

nydailynews.com

The future Hall of Fame quarterback has filed his official retirement papers with the league, a person familiar with the situation told the Daily News Wednesday. Favre didn't take that step last March when he retired from the Packers, fueling immediate speculation that he was having second thoughts....

Well that is all she wrote. We don't get Garcia, you can forget about any Super Bowl run.
    Gus did not win. The Vikings won. I respect the fact he gave his all. I don't respect the fact he had more INTs than TDs.
    [/quote]

I've read everyone of your posts since the beginning of time. Well a good portion of them.
    As much as you bring Brett up I wasn't convinced you didn't think he was coming here.

I don't respect the interceptions Gus threw either. And yes it's a team win or loss no matter who the quarterback is.

So I respect Gus for his contributions. And, like you, I don't want him on the team either.

It's a little like Williamson. He was a bust, but he worked hard.
    I try to find something good to say about a player when they leave the team.

Except maybe Underwood!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50564.msg908440#msg908440 date=1234797427]
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=50564.msg908431#msg908431 date=1234797102]

I sure hope not.
    and Brett Favre does?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

February 11, 2009

nydailynews.com

[/quote]

I've read everyone of your posts since the beginning of time. Well a good portion of them.
    As much as you bring Brett up I wasn't convinced you didn't think he was coming here.

I don't respect the interceptions Gus threw either. And yes it's a team win or loss no matter who the quarterback is.

So I respect Gus for his contributions. And, like you, I don't want him on the team either.

It's a little like Williamson. He was a bust, but he worked hard.
    I try to find something good to say about a player when they leave the team.

Except maybe Underwood!

[/quote]

I was convinced after listening to his interview. He is done. I still think he could play but I think he is tired. I am just so sick of not having a QB. You watch the Packers and they really don't miss a beat after Favre left. What the hell is wrong with us? We IMO have not had a true franchise QB since maybe Culpepper but more like Tark. Kramer and Culpepper are the only QBs we have ever drafted in the 1st round. We need to get a filler like Garcia and draft a QB in a deep class next year in the 1st.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

oh im sure the packers missed a couple beats after favre left. from nfc championship to 3rd in the nfc north.
    i wasnt all that impressed with rodgers. a couple of decent games, couple of lucky completions, overall not half bad but nothing great. as a matter a fact im actually not impressed with a probably half the starting quarterbacks out there. but il say this, i would take any one of them over gus. tj? i just shake my head cause i dont know what to think about him. i dont want to see him go just yet tho.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

"petrodemos" wrote:
    oh im sure the packers missed a couple beats after favre left. from nfc championship to 3rd in the nfc north.
    i wasnt all that impressed with rodgers. a couple of decent games, couple of lucky completions, overall not half bad but nothing great.
    lol sounds a lot like the last 10 years of the guy he replaced. Stat wise, not much has changed.

Clearly something was off beat though, you're right.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

"marstc09" wrote:

I was convinced after listening to his interview. He is done. I still think he could play but I think he is tired. [size=10pt]I am just so sick of not having a QB[/size]. You watch the Packers and they really don't miss a beat after Favre left. What the hell is wrong with us? We IMO have not had a true franchise QB since maybe Culpepper but more like Tark. Kramer and Culpepper are the only QBs we have ever drafted in the 1st round. We need to get a filler like Garcia and draft a QB in a deep class next year in the 1st.
    +1 and amen.

Dilfer

"Tad7" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    i wasnt all that impressed with rodgers. a couple of decent games, couple of lucky completions, overall not half bad but nothing great.
    lol sounds a lot like the last 10 years of the guy he replaced. Stat wise, not much has changed.

Clearly something was off beat though, you're right.
    Yeah the defense. Hence the new coordinator.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Like someone else said I don't how Frerotte thinks he's going to retain a starting job after the performances Jackson had when he returned. Frerotte did some good things for our offense but he was turning the ball over more then he was scoring. I give him major props for the Saints game and even thinking about coming back after the season of beatings he took. I never seen a QB on the ground so much in pain sometimes motionless for several seconds.

As far as TJack being handed the starting job I don't think there was any question that Jackson was lighting up training camp, all the way through the preseason till he was injured. Once he was insterted back in he did some good things but wasn't the same, didn't loose games but didn't win them either. The pressure Coach felt is the pressure that lead to Frerotte starting and a hopefull spark. Frerotte was blowing the Lions game till Jackson saved the day, then lead us to the playoffs.

As for Jackson being handed the starting job again, I'm not convinced they are gonna say that, but when it comes down to realistic options Tarvaris Jackson is going to be our starter. Unless we trade for Matt Cassel nobody in Free Agency is better than TJack. We don't even know what the 4th year Tarvaris Jackson looks like, but we do know he's always getting better. Remember this is personal opinion, if someone thinks Garcia, or Grossman, or Leftwich are better thats their opinion.

My dream senario for the offseason is to upgrade the Center, and Offensive Tackle positions. Find a guy that can potentialy, now or in the future give us serious production at the #2 WR position. If we do these three things we've upgraded the offense and gave our QB the best chance to suceed. The Eagles game wasn't lost by our QB, it was everything that effected the results. If Frerotte is kept on board, I can be OK with that because he can win games and give Booty another season to develop without having to see the field. I'm not in favor of Frerotte starting period, if those are his garuntees, he's gonna have to go, but it would be nice, since he does have a year in the system to keep him, allowing Booty to develop into his backup replacement after next season, then we could move foward in drafting another QB to place behind Booty.

Or we could look in FA, for a QB, there are none IMO better than Jackson, it would be a similair situation as Frerotte but possibly an upgrade. Enough to dethrown TJack, I doubt it. Just enough to force us to sign that individual to a two year contract or more, hindering us from drafting more QB's to keep on the roster, unless somebody expects Booty to fall off the train. Not forseeable IMO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast