Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Free Agent Pickups -Who Do YOu Want

I think our top priority has to be Linebacker. That area has been a liability for years.
    So I think our Number 1 priority has to be Julian Peterson. If we can't (or more likely won't) go after him then I say we trade a WR for LaVar Arrington or sign Will Witherspoon.

Next I think Resigning Offord and Robinson. If we resign Offord I think we're set at the SS position with Dustin Fox comming in next year. Maybe we draft someone second day for depth.

Then If B-will leaves we need a Cornerback. I guess that means Woodson or if we want to have faith in Smoot then maybe get R.W. McQuarters for insurance (He played well, good STer, knows the division like the back of his hand).

Then we need some OL help. Resigning Fonoti would be nice and I don't think Mike Rosenthal is a very good Tackle. So if the Titans release Hopkins or maybe we trade a late round pick for him or whatever. Otherwise I would like to see us go after Mike Williams. Don't laugh at me but It hink would be awesome to have the top-2 OLman from that draft. McKennie played like a Pro-Bowler last year and Mike Williams has been a Pro-Bowler before. I think with a better coaching Staff and maybe a new start he could really shine.

What about Running Back? Well, I don't think we need to sign an "old" FA RB. While I don't buy into the fact that 30 or 29 or 28 is old for a RB, I do buy into Lawrence Maroney and DeAngelo Williams. If we can get a really young, good runnner without having to spend money on a big name guy, then that would be ideal. !. Draft RB 2. James 3. Shaun Alexander After that I'd almost rather have Onterrio back and see what Moore, Fason, and the RB formerly known as SOD on our Roster. Jamal Lewis only if the Price is right. I do think he is old and worn down.

Quarterback. If we trade Daunte this moves up to Number one, if we don't then it's off the list. Drew Brees in Free Agency, otherwise I'm actually open for Marcus Vick (4.42-40 at the Combine?) to com in and learn from Brad Johnson for a year or two. If this Happens then I think we definitely need to get a Top-level Free Agent Runningback because I'm not convinced Brad can keep defenses honest. Our offense was down right horrible the whole of last year. If we surround Brad Johnson with Excellent players and top defense he can lead us to a Championship, I'm sure, but he isn't going win us any games.

Defensive Line - It depends on whether we are sold on Udeze. If we are then it is a really crowded area and we might just want to draft some a little more talented Depth. If we aren't then we bring back Johnstone to pass rush.

Kicker - I'm okay with Edinger, but I hear he wants a raise. I'm not willing to give him a raise and Vanderjagt isn't a clutch performer. So I guess if John Hall is released or I hope we could make a nice push for Vinitari.

So I guess my order is:

1. Julian Petterson AND/or Arrington/Witherspoon
    2. Resign Offord, Robinson, and Fonoti
    3a. Vinitari/Hall/Edinger
    3b. Charles Woodson/R.W. McQuarters (if Bwill leaves)
    4. Mike Williams
    5. Edge/Alexander
    6. Brees
    7. Resign Johnstone/investigate John Abraham

On the issue of Cap space - after all the spending we did last year we were still about 10 million under the cap at the start of the season. We have plently of money, especially if Daunte gets traded before the signing Bonus. Also, this CBA situation plays into our hands as we like to front load the contracts anyway.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

LINEBACKER!

I will also be curious to see who signs ahman green for very cheap!

aceclown is offline Coach

"VikemanX84" wrote:

On the issue of Cap space - after all the spending we did last year we were still about 10 million under the cap at the start of the season. We have plently of money, especially if Daunte gets traded before the signing Bonus. Also, this CBA situation plays into our hands as we like to front load the contracts anyway.

Last year we were 34 mil under the cap at the start of FA, this year we are 24 under. So if we spend like last year we will have nothing left.

Chuch.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"aceclown" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

Last year we were 34 mil under the cap at the start of FA, this year we are 24 under. So if we spend like last year we will have nothing left.
    No way we were 34 mil under... More like 24 mil last year. It was between 24-28 mil last year.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

runyan, bentley, k rob, vinatieri, witherspoon, mcquarters, archuleta, peterson (unrealistic i think), james, johnstone, offord, draft maroney
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:

No way we were 34 mil under... More like 24 mil last year. It was between 24-28 mil last year.
    After the moss trade we were more than 30 mil under the cap, look it up.

Chuch.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

There will be plenty of action in the NFC North, where just about everyone has room to sign free agents. The Bears ($17M under), Packers ($22M under) and Vikings ($24M under) have lots of room.

That was the first thing I found for last years salary cap.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    There will be plenty of action in the NFC North, where just about everyone has room to sign free agents. The Bears ($17M under), Packers ($22M under) and Vikings ($24M under) have lots of room.

That was the first thing I found for last years salary cap.
    lol, that is for this year. Last year the Packers entered FA just slightly over the cap.

Chuch.

purplegang is offline Starter

on the subject edgerrian james , fits the west coast offense the best out of the backs out there , he would be a great pickup

Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

i agree 100% because he can catch, and run out of the backfield. We need a back like a Brian Westbrook type to fit in the WCO here in Minny.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast