b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Free Agency Possibility

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fa9321/article/unofficial-list-of-potential-2011-free-agents?campaign=Twitter_features

It seems that free agency this year might operate under 2010 rules. This would mean the only notable free agents for us would be Noodle, Phat Pat, Leber, Ryan Longwell, Lito Sheppard, Frank Walker, and Greg Lewis. This also means we would still have Sidney Rice and Ray Edwards on the squad unless a team is willing to give up a first round pick.

Another thing that caught my eye from looking at the above list was; we have 2 QBs, 1 DT, 1 OLB, 2 CB, and a WR listed as UFA. In the draft didn't we draft 2 CB, a QB, DT, WR, and an OLB? Could it be possible the GM was under the assumption that we were going to head into free agency this year with the same rules applied as last year?
    None

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agency Possibility

If that is the case then... YES!

We would be 99 % sure to keep Sidney Rice and Ray Edwards and if some stupid team decided to sign them we will receive a first round pick which is better value in my opinion. I like both players, but truth is that Rice is injury prone and Edwards can be replaced.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yes, despite what 'my good friend' Marrdro says, our FO does seem to have some type of plan in place.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096329
    Yes, despite what 'my good friend' Marrdro says, our FO does seem to have some type of plan in place.
    I think that this front office does know what its doing. One thing about having Sidney Rice this year is we get another year to try to sign him to a long term deal. I think him, Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Kyle Rudolph and Christian Ponder have to be the cornerstones of this franchise. We have some a lot of pieces in place offensively. This offense is looking mighty young and scary if Ponder can pan out.
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fa9321/article/unofficial-list-of-potential-2011-free-agents?campaign=Twitter_features