Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Brace plays a role like Fat Phat and Raji plays a K-will role

Raji don't just look at his height and speed and think he is a one gap guy.. Many are saying now he can play anything.. he is a freak.. he was like the K-will on BC

Brace was a space eater and occasional sack guy

So depending on what you want to pair up with K-will you can either go Brace or jerry if we go DT this year.. Either way if we do look at DT I wouldn't mind.. Kevin is a good run stopper anyway.. And I think Jerry could be as well.. Not just be a space eater
    Lest we forget, if we don't collapse the pocket, all the QB has to do is step up into it and avoid the DE's as the T's will take them wide.

Having said that, I agree, we don't need to burn a early round big bodied space eaters are a dime a dozen.

The replacement we get for Phat Pat needs to be a clone of him and he isn't just a big bodied space eater My Sexy Little Pixie.
    He actually takes up space and can collapse the pocket.

The way I read the scouting reports on Raji and Jerry, both of them can do that.

Right. Pat will be [s]difficult[/s] impossible to replace. He also has lateral speed for a big guy. And he has an attitude of persuit until the whissle blows.
    Fixed it for you.
    Two solid posts right thar...... ;D

Funny how many people miss the fact that Phat Pat isn't just a space eater.
    That dude can and will get into the pocket more times than not.

Cats like that (he has one playing next to him by the way) are damn hard to find.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Raji don't just look at his height and speed and think he is a one gap guy.. Many are saying now he can play anything.. he is a freak.. he was like the K-will on BC

So depending on what you want to pair up with K-will you can either go Brace or jerry if we go DT this year.. Either way if we do look at DT I wouldn't mind.. Kevin is a good run stopper anyway.. And I think Jerry could be as well.. Not just be a space eater
    Lest we forget, if we don't collapse the pocket, all the QB has to do is step up into it and avoid the DE's as the T's will take them wide.

Having said that, I agree, we don't need to burn a early round big bodied space eaters are a dime a dozen.

The replacement we get for Phat Pat needs to be a clone of him and he isn't just a big bodied space eater My Sexy Little Pixie.

The way I read the scouting reports on Raji and Jerry, both of them can do that.

If all one had to do was stand up and sit there and "eat space" you wouldn't need to draft anyone.. Just get someone fat

Of course you need someone to collapse the pocket my man

Brace and Jerry both seem to be able to do that.. Brace is more of a bull rush kinda guy.. Jerry is more of a finese kinda guy

All depends what the coaches prefer if we end up going DT which I highly doubt we will this year.. it isn't a big need
    Again, I would be happy with any of the 4.
    My affinity for Peria is based on what I've read on the DT's in this draft.
    Nothing more nothing less.

Seems you like Brace cause he is on your favorite college team though.
    If that is the case, isn't your analysis kindof flawed a bit, or at least skewed in his favor?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Quote: :"could end up being a key cog in the early-season rotation,". Fred is going to contribute all season. Another good signing by the FO.

On a side note, congrats on the 2G's post mark Skum.

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I rarely see Phat Pat get up the field, and the only times I remember him getting sacks where when the QB stepped up in the pocket into his lap.
    He's an all pro player but he is a liability on passing downs which is why they moved Robison inside on passing downs.
    But Pat usually draws a double team, giving KW room to roam. It's really just the perfect example of how a NT and DT should operate in a 4-3. Both KW and PW are essential to our defense.
    Why would any other team double Pat Williams on a pass play when Kevin Williams and Jared Allen are on the field?
    Typically you will have 5 guys to block 4 and maybe a running back staying in to pick up the blitz.
    You can only double one guy and maybe chip on the end.
    Two things, they shift the double all the time to keep the D guessing.

Phat Pat doesn't have the "Tackles for loss" stats that Kevin has (8 Kevin/1 Phat) he does consistently get into the backfield and disrupt things, especially in running situations.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Right. Pat will be [s]difficult[/s] impossible to replace. He also has lateral speed for a big guy. And he has an attitude of persuit until the whissle blows.
    Fixed it for you.

Cats like that (he has one playing next to him by the way) are damn hard to find.
    I doubt anyone said he is just a space eater. He is a run stuffer. Sure he will get into the pocket a couple times but it is in no way more
    times than not. He is not known for his hurries or sacks because he taught to stay put on watch that RB.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51336.msg932059#msg932059 date=1239049693]

Fixed it for you.

Cats like that (he has one playing next to him by the way) are gol 'darnit hard to find.
    I doubt anyone said he is just a space eater. He is a run stuffer. Sure he will get into the pocket a couple times but it is in no way more
    times than not. He is not known for his hurries or sacks because he taught to stay put on watch that RB.
    [/quote]
    He is taught to disrupt my friend.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51336.msg932078#msg932078 date=1239050807]

Fixed it for you.

Cats like that (he has one playing next to him by the way) are gol 'darnit hard to find.
    [/quote]
    He is taught to disrupt my friend.....
    [/quote]

You do what you do best. His talent is too stop the run. Can he disrupt the pass, sure, after he realizes it is a pass.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=jargomcfargo link=topic=51336.msg932103#msg932103 date=1239053801]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51336.msg932078#msg932078 date=1239050807]

Fixed it for you.

[/quote]
    He is taught to disrupt My Sexy Little Pixie.....
    [/quote]

You do what you do best. His talent is too stop the run. Can he disrupt the pass, sure, after he realizes it is a pass.
    [/quote]
    When I say he is taught to disrupt I mean in both phases, run and pass.
    Not sure how many times I saw him in the backfield during a run but it was alot.

I am gonna track it in my game notes this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234