Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Sorta figured he would. He was tendered a while ago.
    On Vikings Weekly a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was on the team. It was just a matter of time. Now we can stop all this DT in the 1st nonsense.

    +1

    Not that I think we would take an undersized dude like Jerry to try to replace Pat anyway
    Fred Evans DT 6-4 305
    Peria Jerry DT 6-2 299

    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    He is under the size of Evans.
    Plus isn't Jerry an run/pass guy. IMO we should replace Pat with a run stuffer.

    Exactly

    Don't burn a first on something that isn't too big of a need at the moment

    So if we do go DT.. Go Ron Brace.. Who is just as explosive and is more of a run stopper

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Sorta figured he would. He was tendered a while ago.
    On Vikings Weekly a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was on the team. It was just a matter of time. Now we can stop all this DT in the 1st nonsense.

    +1

    Not that I think we would take an undersized dude like Jerry to try to replace Pat anyway
    Fred Evans DT 6-4 305
    Peria Jerry DT 6-2 299

    ;D ;D ;D ;D

    Evens isn't here to be a long term replacement

    Which is why if we look at DT this year I want to draft Brace
    Evans could. He is solid. I like Brace. He is a run stopper and we be a good fit to replace Pat.

  3. #13
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Sorta figured he would. He was tendered a while ago.
    On Vikings Weekly a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was on the team. It was just a matter of time. Now we can stop all this DT in the 1st nonsense.

    +1

    Not that I think we would take an undersized dude like Jerry to try to replace Pat anyway
    Fred Evans DT 6-4 305
    Peria Jerry DT 6-2 299

    ;D ;D ;D ;D

    Evens isn't here to be a long term replacement

    Which is why if we look at DT this year I want to draft Brace
    Evans could. He is solid. I like Brace. He is a run stopper and we be a good fit to replace Pat.

    Yah Evans held his own man

    We don't nessisarilly need a run stopper and a pass rushing DT like we have now either

    Jerry is a K-will mold and two K-will pass rushers would be bomb.. So I wouldn't be too disapointed if we went that route

    But Evans I remember making a couple goal line stops.. Kinda like Pat did on Addai's TD run which really wasn't a TD

    So idk what Evan's long term situation is.. I feel if we thought he would replace Pat in a few years we would have locked him up for cheap.. Which makes me think we may look at DT either this year or next

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Sorta figured he would. He was tendered a while ago.
    On Vikings Weekly a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was on the team. It was just a matter of time. Now we can stop all this DT in the 1st nonsense.

    +1

    Not that I think we would take an undersized dude like Jerry to try to replace Pat anyway
    Fred Evans DT 6-4 305
    Peria Jerry DT 6-2 299

    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    He is under the size of Evans.
    Plus isn't Jerry an run/pass guy. IMO we should replace Pat with a run stuffer.

    Needs to play stronger at the point against the run
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/peria-jerry?id=79585#player-profile-tab-set-1layer-profile-tab-analysis

    1. B.J. Raji Boston College 6-11/2 337 5.13

    2. Peria Jerry Ole Miss 6-13/4 299 5.00

    3. Evander Hood Missouri 6-27/8 300 4.89

    4. Ron Brace Boston College 6-3 334 5.52

    http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/dt.php

    Brace
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti.../Ron-Brace.phphttp://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_ID=1829

    Jerry
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...eria-Jerry.php
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_ID=1675

    I wonder how good Brace would be if he didn't have his buddy Raji taking all the heat allowing him to have free access to the backfield.
    And even then he couldn't stay healthy.
    Nope, don't need another Erasmus James (can't stay healthy) cat on this team.

    (Truth be told if they took any of the top 4 DT's I would be happy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    Brace plays a role like Fat Phat and Raji plays a K-will role

    Raji don't just look at his height and speed and think he is a one gap guy.. Many are saying now he can play anything.. he is a freak.. he was like the K-will on BC

    Brace was a space eater and occasional sack guy

    So depending on what you want to pair up with K-will you can either go Brace or jerry if we go DT this year.. Either way if we do look at DT I wouldn't mind.. Kevin is a good run stopper anyway.. And I think Jerry could be as well.. Not just be a space eater

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Sorta figured he would. He was tendered a while ago.
    On Vikings Weekly a couple weeks ago, he acted like he was on the team. It was just a matter of time. Now we can stop all this DT in the 1st nonsense.

    +1

    Not that I think we would take an undersized dude like Jerry to try to replace Pat anyway
    Fred Evans DT 6-4 305
    Peria Jerry DT 6-2 299

    ;D ;D ;D ;D
    He is under the size of Evans.
    Plus isn't Jerry an run/pass guy. IMO we should replace Pat with a run stuffer.

    Needs to play stronger at the point against the run
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/peria-jerry?id=79585#player-profile-tab-set-1layer-profile-tab-analysis

    I wonder how good Brace would be if he didn't have his buddy Raji taking all the heat allowing him
    or is it the other way around? Hmmmmm

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "V4L" wrote:
    Brace plays a role like Fat Phat and Raji plays a K-will role

    Raji don't just look at his height and speed and think he is a one gap guy.. Many are saying now he can play anything.. he is a freak.. he was like the K-will on BC

    Brace was a space eater and occasional sack guy

    So depending on what you want to pair up with K-will you can either go Brace or jerry if we go DT this year.. Either way if we do look at DT I wouldn't mind.. Kevin is a good run stopper anyway.. And I think Jerry could be as well.. Not just be a space eater
    Lest we forget, if we don't collapse the pocket, all the QB has to do is step up into it and avoid the DE's as the T's will take them wide.

    Having said that, I agree, we don't need to burn a early round big bodied space eaters are a dime a dozen.


    The replacement we get for Phat Pat needs to be a clone of him and he isn't just a big bodied space eater my friend.
    He actually takes up space and can collapse the pocket.

    The way I read the scouting reports on Raji and Jerry, both of them can do that.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    He had 17 tackles, 16 quarterback hurries last season
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12083666?source=rss

    Staggering stats. How could we live without him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #19
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    He had 17 tackles, 16 quarterback hurries last season
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12083666?source=rss

    Staggering stats. How could we live without him.

    ;D
    What is that suppose to mean?

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Fred Evans Re-Signs

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    He had 17 tackles, 16 quarterback hurries last season
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12083666?source=rss

    Staggering stats. How could we live without him.

    ;D
    What is that suppose to mean?
    Absolutely nothing........I would have thought his stats would be a bit more impressive.

    Again, I think it is a good signing.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=min
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Huge shoes to fill for Ellis Wyms & Fred Evans
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:41 AM
  2. A Control Issue (Fred Evans story)
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 06:14 AM
  3. Vikings sign Fred Evans
    By FuadFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
  5. Dolphins waive Fred Evans
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 05:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •