Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Red I 360 is offline Training Camp

Fred Davis (2nd Round)

There's a lot of debate whether the Vikes should take a WR or DE in the first round. Some even go as far as throwing a S in the mix, which is all fine, as long as we get TE Fred Davis, from USC in the 2nd round! I live in L.A. and follow the Trojans (my sister's a student there). and to add Davis to our offense would do so much for our team. He's a great blocker, with nice hands. He could help out TJack with some short passes, which would then open some lanes for AD. Remember, this is my opinion, and the last time I checked, I was entitled to one...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fred Davis (2nd Round)

He won't be there. He's a late first rounder/ early 2nd rounder.
    I like the guy and we need a GOOD, athletic TE.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

take him in
    the 2nd if hes there
    no doubt

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

imvikings28 is offline Waterboy

he is too great of a talent to be there in the second round when the vikes pick unless they trade up. I would like what he could bring to the vikes though.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I would be very surprised if we spent a high pick on a TE. Like him or hate him and unless he has done
    or will do something in the off season to get into Chily's doghouse Shiancoe will be given another year, Plus Jimmy K, and I think that we also will be seeing more of Mills. If we do feel the need for a TE there is a TE that is a UFA from the Eagles(please not another one) that i am sure would get looked at as well.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

It all comes back to investment.

The Vikes have alot already invested in talent at the TE position.
    Just because people don't want to grasp the concept that our TE's were used exclusively for blocking last year, we will continue to hear how all of them suck and should be shit canned.

Long story short, my sisters, brothers friend is the the trash emptier at Winter Park and he told my Uncles, lawn care giver that the OL will block better next year and allow for the TE's to be used in the passing scheme as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

Just because people don't want to grasp the concept that our TE's were used exclusively for blocking last year, we will continue to hear how all of them suck and should be pooh canned.

Long story short, my sisters, brothers friend is the the trash emptier at Winter Park and he told my Uncles, lawn care giver that the OL will block better next year and allow for the TE's to be used in the passing scheme as well.
    regardless of investment.. if the dude sucks then he sucks.... players who make far more money have been cut before and if shank doesn't get his act together, then we may just take one... you never know.. esp. if he is who they have rated the highest at the time.. hell, we have a lot invested in DE but we're still talking about taking one... matter fact, we have more invested in DE than any other position over the last 4-5 years... so it just goes to show investment doesn't really matter if they're not performing now does it???

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Red" wrote:
    There's a lot of debate whether the Vikes should take a WR or DE in the first round. Some even go as far as throwing a S in the mix, which is all fine, as long as we get TE Fred Davis, from USC in the 2nd round! I live in L.A. and follow the Trojans (my sister's a student there). and to add Davis to our offense would do so much for our team. He's a great blocker, with nice hands. He could help out TJack with some short passes, which would then open some lanes for AD. Remember, this is my opinion, and the last time I checked, I was entitled to one...
    By chance, were you the guy a couple of years ago that had man-love for Vernon Davis?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

Just because people don't want to grasp the concept that our TE's were used exclusively for blocking last year, we will continue to hear how all of them suck and should be pooh canned.

I like Kleinsasser a lot, but he has been around long enough that everyone knows his strengths lie in blocking and pass protection, not receiving.
    The scheme last year isn't what makes people think that.
    As far as Shank, his contract is large, but no prohibitively so.
    We had more invested in Chester Taylor last year, yet we still picked up AD.

Fred Davis is one of the premier TEs in a draft that will not feature many good TEs.
    He is a converted WR who put on weight as his body matures, but kept his speed.
    He has good hands, good size, and good speed.
    If he is available in the second round, the Vikings would be absolutely stupid to pass on him, regardless of the investment made in Shank. Hell, Shank's contract is large, but the cap hit for cutting him would be relatively minor to a team that is substantially under the cap.

I honestly put Davis in my list of five players I wouldn't mind seeing the Viking take with the #17 pick.
    He is the fifth out of five, simply because 17 is a little high for him, but he is still there...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

regardless of investment.. if the dude sucks then he sucks.... players who make far more money have been cut before and if shank doesn't get his act together, then we may just take one... you never know.. esp. if he is who they have rated the highest at the time.. hell, we have a lot invested in DE but we're still talking about taking one... matter fact, we have more invested in DE than any other position over the last 4-5 years... so it just goes to show investment doesn't really matter if they're not performing now does it???
    Quantify sucks when discussing Shank.
    I say he doesn't. You do. Who is right?
    My guess would be the guy who understood that our TE's were used to block and not catch this year because of OL pass blocking issues.

Hmmmmm, wonder if you fall in that catagory.
    :

By the way, you don't see me talking about DRAFTING a DE.
    I would get one via FA.

Usually when a team invests heavily in a position via the draft and still has to fix the problem they will then resort to the FA route.

Could be because the investment isn't producing enough or they missed the mark on a couple of investments.

In this case it is a little of both.

Youth still needs to develop (Robison, Edwards etc) and James just flat can't stay on the field.

That just goes to show that investment does matter....... Especially if you make bad investments. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast