Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Frazier to Interview for Fins Job

www.profootballtalk.com

POSTED 8:16 p.m. EST, January 3, 2008

FRAZIER TO INTERVIEW FOR FINS JOB

The Miami Dolphins have received permission to interview Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.

The meeting, which will be attended by G.M. Jeff Ireland, owner Wayne Huizenga, and football poobah Bill Parcells, has not yet been scheduled.

'I'm just looking forward to sitting down and talking to Bill and Jeff and the owner to get a feel what they're looking for in a head coach,' Frazier said, according to the Miami Herald.

Um, Leslie?
    Here's what they're looking for in a head coach:
    "Not you."

We apologize for being cynical (of course, we'd also have to apologize for breathing), but there's no way that Parcells is going to hire a guy with whom he and Ireland have zero experience, given that Parcells experience with so many other persons.

If the Tuna wasn't keen on familiarity, he wouldn't have honed in so immediately on his right-hand man from Dallas.

So, yeah, we think that Frazier's interview is aimed at satisfying the Rooney Rule, and that Parcells isn't going to embark on his four-year plan in Miami with a head coach he doesn't already know.

Of course, Frazier could refuse the sit-down, if he believes that it's an exercise in form over substance.
    But, then again, the coaching industry is premised on relationships, and Frazier might end up looking for a job at some point in the future as an assistant coach.
    And with only 32 branches of NFL, Inc., it wouldn't be wise for Frazier to refuse to play ball.

Let's be clear.
    This isn't about whether Parcells wants a white coach or a black coach; we stand by our report that the first guy on the Tuna's wish list is Browns coach Romeo Crennel, who is African-American.
    It's about whether Parcells has already locked onto a candidate who happens to be white (Tony Sparano) and is merely giving a perfunctory look-see at one or more minority candidates in order to avoid running afoul of the rules.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Frazier to Interview for Fins Job

Boy is PFT ever behind the power curve.
    They showed the entire list of candidates on PTI earlier this evening.
    I saw that Frazier was the only minority on it and actually breathed a sigh of relief.
    Funny though, Mike Tice is another of the candidates they are bringing in...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I saw that Frazier was the only minority on it and actually breathed a sigh of relief.
    That is pretty funny.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Actually Tice and Parcells have a good relationship and I head right after Parcells was hired that Tice was going to be strongly considered.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Actually Tice and Parcells have a good relationship and I head right after Parcells was hired that Tice was going to be strongly considered.
    Good luck with that one, Fins.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

My opinion is that Frazier is a heck of a coach... even though I don't think Tuna would go in that direction.. he would be a quality choice. Although the premise behind the Rooney rule is a noble one, it at times seems like a farce. I would be cool to see him get a shot at the HC.

I don't think Leslie has enough fire in him. He is more of a Lovie Smith type guy and I don't think that is the direction Parcells is going to go in. I bet Parcells trys to hire a Cowboys coach like Tony Sparano.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

If Frazier gets the job, I'll be happy for him...but, it sure would be nice to have the same Vikings Defensive Coord for a few years in a row!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Good luck Leslie...you're a good coach.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

It sounds like Frazier isn't exactly favored to get the job, but if you're getting interviewed I suppose you have a chance.
    It'd be better for the Vikes if he stuck around here, but if someone can get a head coaching opportunity in this league then more power them.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Good luck with that one, Fins.

=Z=
    I would love to see Tice hired to coach the Fins.
    Tice vs. Belichick twice each year would be classic.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast