Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Frazier has plenty to work with

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.

On top of the color coordination, Allen's skills as a pass rusher will make life much easier on an overworked secondary that often had to cover receivers for five or even six seconds last season, a lifetime in today's NFL.
    Were are the yutz's who argued with me a few months ago that no QB gets that much time in the pocket? ;D

Now Frazier won't have to call as many blitzes from his linebackers, allowing Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson and Ben Leber to drop back into coverage and plug some of the holes down the field that Brett Favre, Todd Collins and Donovan McNabb found so easily last season.
    Which is exactly what the LB'rs are supposed to do in this scheme.
    Of course the Blitz Blitz Blitz crew isn't gonna like it when the LB'rs are dropping back into thier zones and taking away the short slants.
    ;D

For now, Frazier is using these "organized team activities" to introduce the new faces to the established core and get everyone comfortable with each other.

"All the teams I've been on that were very successful, that was the intangible that really got us over the top," Frazier said. "Whether it was in Indianapolis when we won a Super Bowl or in Chicago when we won a Super Bowl, we had great chemistry in the locker room, not just talent.

So the OTAs give you a chance to develop that, also to find out a little bit about your teammates." ___
    And thus the reason everyone (no matter how long they have been in the league) should be there.
    :
    And exactly what "new face" is on the Vikings front line that Birk has to get comfortable with?
    So Birk only has to worry about the OLmen?
    Pashaw......

Comeon my friend, tell me again, why a Vet shouldn't be there being a leader on a team full of youngsters.

Ohhh wait, its voluntary.
    He should only concern himself with lifting with his buddy.
    ;D
    You tell me Marr, what important things should he be doing with & for other players at the OTA's that will devastate & hinder their careers with him not being there?

Again, OTA's are primairy workouts so the coaches can see & evaluate the new talent & for the the rookies get familiar with the system.

Watch the videos. You make it sound like he's missing out on lucrative & secret meetings where they are planning & stratagizing the entire season.

Is it not you who preaches, "Players play & coaches coach"?

Chester Taylor has not been there, yet you haven't said "boo" about that.

What did you say last year when Winfield wasn't there?

When minicamp rolls around & they start getting into the nitty-gritty & "meat" of the offseason, Birk will be there

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

On top of the color coordination, Allen's skills as a pass rusher will make life much easier on an overworked secondary that often had to cover receivers for five or even six seconds last season, a lifetime in today's NFL.
    Were are the yutz's who argued with me a few months ago that no QB gets that much time in the pocket? ;D

Now Frazier won't have to call as many blitzes from his linebackers, allowing Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson and Ben Leber to drop back into coverage and plug some of the holes down the field that Brett Favre, Todd Collins and Donovan McNabb found so easily last season.
    Of course the Blitz Blitz Blitz crew isn't gonna like it when the LB'rs are dropping back into thier zones and taking away the short slants.

;D

For now, Frazier is using these "organized team activities" to introduce the new faces to the established core and get everyone comfortable with each other.

"All the teams I've been on that were very successful, that was the intangible that really got us over the top," Frazier said. "Whether it was in Indianapolis when we won a Super Bowl or in Chicago when we won a Super Bowl, we had great chemistry in the locker room, not just talent.

So the OTAs give you a chance to develop that, also to find out a little bit about your teammates." ___
    And thus the reason everyone (no matter how long they have been in the league) should be there.

:
    And exactly what "new face" is on the Vikings front line that Birk has to get comfortable with?
    Pashaw......

Comeon my friend, tell me again, why a Vet shouldn't be there being a leader on a team full of youngsters.

;D
    You tell me Marr, what important things should he be doing with & for other players at the OTA's that will devastate & hinder their careers with him not being there?

Again, OTA's are primairy workouts so the coaches can see & evaluate the new talent & for the the rookies get familiar with the system.

Watch the videos. You make it sound like he's missing out on lucrative & secret meetings where they are planning & stratagizing the entire season.

When minicamp rolls around & they start getting into the nitty-gritty & "meat" of the offseason, Birk will be there
    As I said earlier, until someone tells me different, my understanding is Chester is out for family/private reasons.

As to Whinny I was all over that whinning ass bastardo's ass last year and you stuck up for him just as you are for your boy Birk.

By the way, OTA's are important.
    They lay the ground work for the whole season and if it wasn't important none of the other Vets (secure it thier role with the team) wouldn't be there.

Hell, even your boy, Puke Green Sharp is there helping out.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The one thing that does concern me is that if our D does have a stellar season - which I believe it will do -then Frazier will be very high on the radar for a HC position. I would love to keep him here for a lot longer to help get that first SB.
    Time will tell I guess..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    Pashaw......

;D

As I said earlier, until someone tells me different, my understanding is Chester is out for family/private reasons.

As to Whinny I was all over that whinning jiggly butt bastardo's jiggly butt last year and you stuck up for him just as you are for your boy Birk.

They lay the ground work for the whole season and if it wasn't important none of the other Vets (secure it thier role with the team) wouldn't be there.

;D
    Besides, wasn't it Wienfield who said that not being at ALL the pre-season training was one of the causes for him being injured so much last year and vowed that he was going to be at ALL available training this year?
    Oh yaah, Wienfield IS there. :

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    Besides, wasn't it Wienfield who said that not being at ALL the pre-season training was one of the causes for him being injured so much last year and vowed that he was going to be at ALL available training this year?
    It wasn't the injuries my friend.
    It was cause he was on my shit list last year and he didn't want to get back on it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    It wasn't the injuries my friend.
    It was cause he was on my pooh list last year and he didn't want to get back on it.

;D
    Mar, I think that "press release" that Prophet gave you went to your head. ;D ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    Pashaw......

;D

As to Whinny I was all over that whinning ass bastardo's ass last year and you stuck up for him just as you are for your boy Birk.

;D
    First off they are all my boys & I stick up for anyone of them who is unjustifiably being ragged on.

I still believe you have no conception of what the OTA's are for. They are not for laying the groundwork for the entire season.

For the most part they are workouts, nothing more, nothing less. There are no team meeting that I know of & I have yet to read or see any evidence that they have them at all during the OTA's

For the vets, they come in & dust off the cobwebs to get themselves in game shape. The coaches will work them out to see how they look & help them condition themselves. Perhaps, if they choose to, they will pull some tape off the shelves & watch film of themselves to self-evaluate themselves & see where they need to or can improve.

For the rookies, it's their initiation period into the NFL. They work to show the coaches what they have as far as talent & skills & get themselves into shape as well.

For the coaches, it gives them a chance to look at all their players. Especially the newbs. They work them out, evaluate them, see what talent & skills they have & determine what issues need to be addressed with those players. They also work them out to get them into game shape.

They are going to be more interested in looking at Mozes & Sullivan at center to evaluate them than they are Birk. They already know what he can do.

Look at the clips, listen to the audio & then give me some examples where you see them laying groundwork for the entire season that demands the presence of the vets.

They are not going to be going thru game plans & other vital strategies during the OTA's. It's not what the OTA's are for. Everything they do will be very vanilla. Besides, 25% to 50% of the players won't even be on the team come September. Do you really believe they are going to working on or practicing anything of significance or importance that these cut players will be able to take to another team?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45195.msg783386#msg783386 date=1211632671]

;D

:
    Pashaw......

;D

;D
    First off they are all my boys & I stick up for anyone of them who is unjustifiably being ragged on.

I still believe you have no conception of what the OTA's are for. They are not for laying the groundwork for the entire season.

For the most part they are workouts, nothing more, nothing less. There are no team meeting that I know of & I have yet to read or see any evidence that they have them at all during the OTA's

For the vets, they come in & dust off the cobwebs to get themselves in game shape. The coaches will work them out to see how they look & help them condition themselves. Perhaps, if they choose to, they will pull some tape off the shelves & watch film of themselves to self-evaluate themselves & see where they need to or can improve.

For the rookies, it's their initiation period into the NFL. They work to show the coaches what they have as far as talent & skills & get themselves into shape as well.

For the coaches, it gives them a chance to look at all their players. Especially the newbs. They work them out, evaluate them, see what talent & skills they have & determine what issues need to be addressed with those players. They also work them out to get them into game shape.

They are going to be more interested in looking at Mozes & Sullivan at center to evaluate them than they are Birk. They already know what he can do.

Look at the clips, listen to the audio & then give me some examples where you see them laying groundwork for the entire season that demands the presence of the vets.

They are not going to be going thru game plans & other vital strategies during the OTA's. It's not what the OTA's are for. Everything they do will be very vanilla. Besides, 25% to 50% of the players won't even be on the team come September. Do you really believe they are going to working on or practicing anything of significance or importance that these cut players will be able to take to another team?
    [/quote]

Maybe the old OTA spreadsheet is still operating in Lotus 1-2-3 ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=45195.msg783392#msg783392 date=1211633851]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=45195.msg783386#msg783386 date=1211632671]

;D

:
    Pashaw......

;D

;D

[/quote]

Maybe the old OTA spreadsheet is still operating in Lotus 1-2-3 ;D
    [/quote]

LOL! OTA's are relatively new. Did they even have them when Lotus 1-2-3 was still in use?

"singersp" wrote:

Bout says it for me as well.

But they aren't.
    How many times have I sarcastically quipped about film watching this week.
    Go back and read the articles you've posted.
    You read all the evidence you need.

To tell the truth the actualy start working on positional drills, not physical workouts.
    Go look at the vids that SI posted.
    Everyone of them have vets and rooks alike working on those very same things.

If they show up not in shape they are in trouble and will be singled out/not allowed to practice.
    Remember Phat Pat.
    He did workouts and wasn't allowed to practice with the team.

Not all of them.

;D

And there ya go.
    Who said anything about evaluating the vets.
    The vets are in there to help the evaluation go smoothly and that the rooks get the biggest bang out of the time on the field.

Wonder how good of a look the coaches would have of Mozes and Sullivan if the starting DL wasn't there?
    :

Couldn't agree with you more.
    Look at the clips, especially the ones were the individual groups (QB's, OL, DL, S, WR etc) are "Working out" together.
    They sure the hell aren't doing jumping jacks or mountain climbers.

Again, I lost ya.
    I never said they were putting in game plans.
    In fact I have said several times what they are doing.....

Starting with individual group workouts, adding to that with other groups, 7 on 7's, QB/WR's against LB's/DB's ect ect or have you missed all the stuff in the articles about QB X throwing to WR Y and how DB Z got burned.

Ohhhhhhh wait, I guess that isn't really whats going on as they are just getting in shape.
    ;D

Give it up my friend.
    He is on my shit list.
    You can't change my mind.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast