Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier has plenty to work with

[size=13pt]Vikings' Frazier has plenty to work with[/size]

The Associated Press
    iht.com

Published: May 23, 2008

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.: Leslie Frazier finished up his first season as Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator knowing there was plenty of work to be done...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Frazier has plenty to work with

Very nice read my friend.

On top of the color coordination, Allen's skills as a pass rusher will make life much easier on an overworked secondary that often had to cover receivers for five or even six seconds last season, a lifetime in today's NFL.
    Were are the yutz's who argued with me a few months ago that no QB gets that much time in the pocket? ;D

Now Frazier won't have to call as many blitzes from his linebackers, allowing Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson and Ben Leber to drop back into coverage and plug some of the holes down the field that Brett Favre, Todd Collins and Donovan McNabb found so easily last season.
    Which is exactly what the LB'rs are supposed to do in this scheme.
    Of course the Blitz Blitz Blitz crew isn't gonna like it when the LB'rs are dropping back into thier zones and taking away the short slants.
    ;D

For now, Frazier is using these "organized team activities" to introduce the new faces to the established core and get everyone comfortable with each other.

"All the teams I've been on that were very successful, that was the intangible that really got us over the top," Frazier said. "Whether it was in Indianapolis when we won a Super Bowl or in Chicago when we won a Super Bowl, we had great chemistry in the locker room, not just talent.

So the OTAs give you a chance to develop that, also to find out a little bit about your teammates." ___
    And thus the reason everyone (no matter how long they have been in the league) should be there.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

On top of the color coordination, Allen's skills as a pass rusher will make life much easier on an overworked secondary that often had to cover receivers for five or even six seconds last season, a lifetime in today's NFL.
    Were are the yutz's who argued with me a few months ago that no QB gets that much time in the pocket? ;D

Now Frazier won't have to call as many blitzes from his linebackers, allowing Chad Greenway, E.J. Henderson and Ben Leber to drop back into coverage and plug some of the holes down the field that Brett Favre, Todd Collins and Donovan McNabb found so easily last season.
    Of course the Blitz Blitz Blitz crew isn't gonna like it when the LB'rs are dropping back into thier zones and taking away the short slants.

;D

For now, Frazier is using these "organized team activities" to introduce the new faces to the established core and get everyone comfortable with each other.

"All the teams I've been on that were very successful, that was the intangible that really got us over the top," Frazier said. "Whether it was in Indianapolis when we won a Super Bowl or in Chicago when we won a Super Bowl, we had great chemistry in the locker room, not just talent.

So the OTAs give you a chance to develop that, also to find out a little bit about your teammates." ___
    And thus the reason everyone (no matter how long they have been in the league) should be there.

:
    And exactly what "new face" is on the Vikings front line that Birk has to get comfortable with?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    That is the same thing that I tried arguing with Packer fans. Even the 2 on this site. You are an idiot if you don't think that Allen is going to make a huge difference on our pass defense.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    And here is a top secret video that I hacked from the OTA's which conclusively demonstrates that indeed they are promoting chemistry and soul searching during this part of the season. This is a can't fail video.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhY1fxQXa3A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

briannord is offline Rookie

The only thing I don't like about the article is how when he mentioned the nucleus of players he left out EJ Henderson.
    I think he is one of our best defensive players.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    And exactly what "new face" is on the Vikings front line that Birk has to get comfortable with?
    So Birk only has to worry about the OLmen?
    Pashaw......

Comeon my friend, tell me again, why a Vet shouldn't be there being a leader on a team full of youngsters.

Ohhh wait, its voluntary.
    He should only concern himself with lifting with his buddy.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    And here is a top secret video that I hacked from the OTA's which conclusively demonstrates that indeed they are promoting chemistry and soul searching during this part of the season. This is a can't fail video.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhY1fxQXa3A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Thats some funny shit right thar.
    ;D

Seriously though, we are damn close to getting someplace this year.
    I would think that every player, especially the Vets, would realize this and do everything in thier power to promote the "Team" concept cause thats what it is gonna take to get it done this year.

Again, I am a huge Birk fan, but I find his lack of attendance a bit disturbing, just as I did with Whinny last year.

Paint me silly, and disagree with me all you want, but your not gonna change my mind.
    I expect the Vets to act like leaders, especially a guy of Birks stature on this team.

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

"briannord" wrote:
    The only thing I don't like about the article is how when he mentioned the nucleus of players he left out EJ Henderson.
    I think he is one of our best defensive players.
    I agree, EJ is the man.
    He's my favorite defensive player on the team.
    Robert Smith is my all-time favorite Viking because he was really cool to me when I met him in Mankato back in, I think it was 1999 or 2000.
    He signed like three things for me and was just a really cool guy.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:
    Thats some funny shit right thar.

;D

Seriously though, we are damn close to getting someplace this year.
    I would think that every player, especially the Vets, would realize this and do everything in thier power to promote the "Team" concept cause thats what it is gonna take to get it done this year.

Again, I am a huge Birk fan, but I find his lack of attendance a bit disturbing, just as I did with Whinny last year.

Paint me silly, and disagree with me all you want, but your not gonna change my mind.
    I expect the Vets to act like leaders, especially a guy of Birks stature on this team.

Now that's what I call harmony, although I thought I heard someone booing towards the end, ;D

"I look good in purple. That's what I keep hearing," Allen quipped. "It really highlights my eyes and my facial features."
    For all his goofiness, there is an underlying fire in his belly that I love...oh, and that motor that doesn't stop pumping.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast