Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: fox sports draft grade

I like what the vikes did. Believe it or not I also like what the texans did. they lost so many games in the 4th quater. if mario can save those 4th quarter leads he is as valuable as bush. also they may have shored up their o-line. watch for the texans next year.
    We can solve poverty today.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    I think it was a poor draft compared recent drafts of ours. I dislike the way we managed the picks more than the players we picked. 7th round center with 51st overall? Trading both 3rd rounders for 4th round QB?

You can sugar coat it all you want, but that is just terrible pick management. I'm sure Cook and Jackson will turn out to be fine players, but the draft is about value. We looked like we had no frickin idea what 'value' is.
    There is nothing wrong with knowing what you want and getting it. No nonsense!

And, who wants to stick around until the 7th round anyway when you can be done in the 5th. :lol:

Heck the Fox writer said that Jackson was a 7th Round pick?????

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

i hope we prove them wrong. i don't like being labeled as having a worse draft than the bears!!!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Yea that's kind of a sucky grade, I love it when the Vikes are able to prove people wrong. Like when we beat the Packers two times last year and two years ago in the playoffs! Hopefully they can do it again!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Well we had the best offeeason last year and this year along with a good draft last year, i say it all evens out now...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

To me, it really doesnt matter what they think....they could analyze what they want, but they arent payed to analyze to make teams better!

"midgensa" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    do you think mike tice would have had us rated higher?
    Actually if there is one thing Tice seemed to do well it was draft ... he hit on McKinnie and K-Will (with K-Will being called very questionable at one point) and also did a fairly good job in nabbing Onterrio and N8 ... lets hope Foley and Childress' flair for surprises works out as well as Tice's ... and then lets hope better coaching leads to better results ...

i don't think it is time to make comparisons to Tice yet!! lets wait until we see what these guys will do!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

elgordo is offline Rookie

If those are the players you are sure you want, who gives a cr@p where they are taken.

Yes, it may cost a little bit more money, but that is something that the Vikings are not lacking in.

I applaud :hello1: :wav: our front office on knowing what they wanted and going out and getting it.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

We came out of the draft with a starting OLB, starting RG, Nickel back, and QB of the future. Before the draft everyone was scared we were only going to address ONE of these needs. We adressed all four! Face it people this was a good draft.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Minnesota Vikings 2006 NFL Draft Review
    By Tony Moss, NFL Editor
    (Sports Network) -
    1 - Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa (6-2, 242); 2 - Cedric Griffin, DB, Texas (6-0, 199); 2 - Ryan Cook, OL, New Mexico (6-7, 328); 2 - Tarvaris Jackson, QB, Alabama State (6-2, 226); 4 - Ray Edwards, DE, Purdue (6-5, 273); 5 -Greg Blue, SS, Georgia (6-2, 216);

Analysis: There was suspicion that the Vikings would find a way to insert themselves into the market for one of the "Big 3" quarterbacks, but when that didn't pan out, they bypassed the likes of Charlie Whitehurst and Brodie Croyle and reached for the unheralded Jackson. Cook, not considered by some pundits to be even among the Top 15 tackles, was another second-round reach. Greenway and Griffin should improve the defense, and Edwards and Blue were decent value picks on the second day as well.

Bottom Line: Brad Childress better be an offensive genius, because his team looks no better on that side of the ball than it did prior to the draft.
    Grade: C-
    05/01 16:07:23 ET

This guy obviously forgot we had an excellent off-season with FA.
    It all starts up front

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast