CBS (Prisco) gave us a B+

elgordo is offline Rookie

Re: fox sports draft grade

"elgordo" wrote:
    CBS (Prisco) gave us a B+
    Sorry should have read the whole post

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I have not seen it but I heard that Kipper gave us a B, if anybody has seen can they post it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Kiper gave us a C+. College ball is a completely different game than the NFL. Some of these picks talents could translate differently in the pros. We'll just have to wait and see. Go Vikes!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?id=2412734

douginc is offline Starter

Here's Kiper's Grade from ESPN's Insider:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Minnesota Vikings: GRADE: C+

Linebacker Chad Greenway was a very good pick, while Cedric Griffin is a solid defensive back who needs to play the ball better. Ryan Cook is a versatile center who could be moved elsewhere on the offensive line. Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson went a bit high, but has a chance to be the Vikings future quarterback. Defensive end Ray Edwards struggled as a junior and I thought he needed another season at Purdue.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    To be honest, I liked our picks, but felt they could have waited. We could have used one of those picks to snag Abdul Hodge, instead the pack got him. Before we drafted Tarvaris Jackson, I'd been saying we might draft him, since ESPN's "Jaws" gave him a huge glowing write up on how he might perfectly fit our system.

Prophet Guest

The press has proven they are morons more often then they have offered any substance. Interesting to read, nothing more.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We'll see...we'll see! Guys, the draft grades are for RIGHT NOW!!!! And as of RIGHT NOW, we deserve the D...no special points for the no-brainer 1st round pick...the rest were either minor or major reaches at the spots they were chosen. Now, don't get me wrong...if the reaches pan out, we will deserve to be re-graded to B+...but for now, D is it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    We'll see...we'll see! Guys, the draft grades are for RIGHT NOW!!!! And as of RIGHT NOW, we deserve the D...no special points for the no-brainer 1st round pick...the rest were either minor or major reaches at the spots they were chosen. Now, don't get me wrong...if the reaches pan out, we will deserve to be re-graded to B+...but for now, D is it!
    Only when looking at the picks as mutually exclusive of everything else. I always question a grading scheme that was developed by people receiving a low C (at best) in their respective profession.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The writer definitely has a NY bias, and anyone with a New York bias isn't going to like the Vikes.

I thought that the Jets graded on the bell curve they have set for themselves based on their previous drafts, got an A+++, but compared to the other teams, it was an A- or B+. It seems to me that people see Mancopper's name and they just cream their shorts. I like Brick. I love the pick up of the 2nd rounder for next years draft.

1. N.Y. Jets: OK, they passed on Matt Leinart and didn't make a serious trade offer to move up to grab Reggie Bush, but they had a very good draft and took a solid quarterback prospect in Oregon's Kellen Clemens in the second round while rebuilding the offensive line with first-round picks D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Ohio State's Nick Mangold, who should replace long-time center Kevin Mawae. Some scouts said that Clemens ran the Texas-style offense better than Vince Young did. Huh? Buckeyes LB Anthony Schlegel has a very big upside and rookie head coach Eric Mangini loves the receiver upside of former Missouri quarterback Brad Smith. Plus, with all the trading, they picked up a second-round pick for next season, too. Grade: A+

1. N.Y. Jets: Grade: A+
    2. Arizona: Grade: A
    3. Denver: Grade: A
    4. Cleveland: Grade: A
    5. Green Bay: Grade: B+
    6. San Francisco: Grade: B+
    7. New Orleans: Grade: B+
    8. Tennessee: Grade: B (I heard some pretty bad reviews on Tenn's draft picks, mainly from Young haters)
    9. Carolina: Grade: B
    10. Jacksonville: Grade: B
    11. New England: Grade: B-

I personally liked.....

Cards
    Clev
    Bills
    BRONCOS
    Lions
    Packers
    Jets
    Eagles
    Pats
    Texans

Some of these teams had like 20 picks in the draft, of course you can look down their list and they are going to look good, they can afford to take the Named players and a few Unnamed chances.

I definitely think that the Vikes should have been graded at the very least a B-.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think it was a poor draft compared recent drafts of ours. I dislike the way we managed the picks more than the players we picked. 7th round center with 51st overall? Trading both 3rd rounders for 4th round QB?

You can sugar coat it all you want, but that is just terrible pick management. I'm sure Cook and Jackson will turn out to be fine players, but the draft is about value. We looked like we had no frickin idea what 'value' is.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast