Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ZDoy379 is offline Starter

Re: FOX Mock Draft 8.0

and y would you want to get either white or williams. i mean if daunte stayed and we didnt sign chester than yea of course take a rb. we dont need one anymore. we have chester taylor, mewelde moore, and ciatrick fason. we dont need another rb. we will already be using chester and mewelde a lot and ciatrick for the goal line. we need help at lb and we will either take sims or greenway. i would rather pick sims.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Thats some bs, im sorry. Leinart to the saints

Do your homework:

POSTED 8:24 a.m. EDT, April 18, 2006

INABILITY TO TRADE NO. 2 PICK FUELS SAINTS' LEINART INTEREST

We continue to hear, from sources close to the action, that the Saints are taking a serious look at the 2004 Heisman winner. Not in order to generate a trade market for the No. 2 overall pick -- but because they couldn't gin up interest in a trade and are now faced with the strong likelihood that they'll have to use the selection.

So then the question becomes whether the guy with for whom they initially had a fleur-de-lis in their pockets (N.C. State defensive end Mario Williams) deserves the kind of contract that the No. 2 overall pick receives. Though the final decision hasn't been, and likely won't be, made until moments before the draft card is submitted on April 29, the Saints are giving Leinart a serious look-see.

For now, the Saints are doing their due diligence, bringing in Leinart for a visit. Maybe they'll really like him after spending time with him. Maybe they won't. Either way, the visit will provide the Saints with additional information, which will help them decide what to do.

Meanwhile, the Saints don't have an obvious need at the quarterback position, since they signed Drew Brees early in free agency. But we heard at the time the Saints were courting Brees that the former Chargers' starter preferred Miami to New Orleans because the Saints had floated to him the notion of giving him the job for 2006 while Leinart gets up to speed, and as the overall roster gets more acquainted with Malcolm in the Middle's offensive scheme.

The other thing to keep in mind here is the possibility that the Saints will move to Los Angeles at some time during the term of Leinart's rookie contract. One of the big concerns (as our own Dante Aligheri pointed out during the most recent PFT PodCast) regarding the NFL's eventual return to Los Angeles is that people won't go to the games. And if they don't go to the games, then no games will be televised in the nation's No. 2 television market during the time slot that the home games are being played.

So what better way to ensure that the venue in which the L.A. franchise plays will be sold out than to have Leinart playing quarterback for the home team?

As a result, it's possible that the Saints' ultimate decision as to the No. 2 pick will have little to do with football strategery and a lot to do with business considerations. Maybe, in the end, the league office will be even more supportive of a move if the league office thinks that the L.A. franchise will be able to put asses in the seats by virtue of Leinart's spot in the lineup.

As to the Brees contract, which pays him $10 million in 2006 with a $12 million option bonus due in March 2007, keep in mind the reality that every NFL team is required to spend 84 percent of the salary maximum in 2006 (i.e., $85.68 million) and 90 percent of the limit in 2007 (i.e., at least $98.1 million). Brees' contract costs $3.6 million in first-year cap dollars and, if his option bonus isn't picked up, the deal counts for $6.4 million in dead money come 2007.

With all that said, if the team's decision to kick the tires of Leinart prompts someone to consider moving up to No. 2, the Saints will surely listen. Why shouldn't they? When it comes to the NFL draft, nothing is final until the pick is exercised -- or traded.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"ZDoy379" wrote:
    and y would you want to get either white or williams. i mean if daunte stayed and we didnt sign chester than yea of course take a rb. we dont need one anymore. we have chester taylor, mewelde moore, and ciatrick fason. we dont need another rb. we will already be using chester and mewelde a lot and ciatrick for the goal line. we need help at lb and we will either take sims or greenway. i would rather pick sims.
    Did you look at the mock. Sims is gone, I stated not a fan of Greenway ... White is a talent with 59 tds while in college and is an everydown back. If you use the "best player available philosophy" ... White or Youboty ... IM fucking O . As we still need a quality nickel back and bruiser RB. With LB being addressed in the 2nd round as that position is very deep this year.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

ok than who would you want to get in the second round for linebacker and what would you get with the other pick in the second round?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "ZDoy379" wrote:
    Did you look at the mock. Sims is gone, I stated not a fan of Greenway ... White is a talent with 59 tds while in college and is an everydown back. If you use the "best player available philosophy" ... White or Youboty ... IM fricken O . As we still need a quality nickel back and bruiser RB. With LB being addressed in the 2nd round as that position is very deep this year.
    White also has a torn hamstring, forget about it. You don't draft for a nickle corner in the first round unless you are mentally challenged, especially considering the weak draft class.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ZDoy379" wrote:
    ok than who would you want to get in the second round for linebacker and what would you get with the other pick in the second round?
    I personally would love to see us sign Donnie Edwards from the Chargers to fill the ILB postion, if not, D'Qwell Jackson out of Maryland should be available around our pick in the 2nd ... He's in the mold of Sims.

Roger McIntosh out of Miami is a stud LB ... then with the other pick complete the Offensive line revamping with Max Jean-Gilles out of Georgia ... he's a road grader like Hutch. Or we could go after Whitehurst ... or wait on Croyle in the 3rd ... I would prefer Croyle myself.

What's your thoughts on the subject?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "ZDoy379" wrote:
    Did you look at the mock. Sims is gone, I stated not a fan of Greenway ... White is a talent with 59 tds while in college and is an everydown back. If you use the "best player available philosophy" ... White or Youboty ... IM fricken O . As we still need a quality nickel back and bruiser RB. With LB being addressed in the 2nd round as that position is very deep this year.
    White also has a torn hamstring, forget about it. You don't draft for a nickle corner in the first round unless you are mentally challenged, especially considering the weak draft class.

Youboty will be a starter in this league ... with Winfield and Smoot not getting any younger or even Sharper for that matter ... If your drafting for best player available instead of glaring needs ... I take Youboty or L.White before Greenway.

Also, if it is a weak draft class as you stated, all the more reason to take him now, if there isn't better value at #17 as we do need a cb. If winfield or smoot goes down, we are hurting.

White's hammy isn't that bad:

"That's very good news for White, whose "moderate" tear in the groin region could have caused him to fall out of the first round entirely. The teams considered to be hot for his services include the Broncos (who pick at No. 15 and No. 22), the Panthers (No. 27), and the Steelers (No. 32). The Colts could also be interested in White, since they are looking for someone/anyone to replace Edgerrin James.

White is regarded as the only power back in the 2006 draft with a consensus round-one grade."

Love the guy. It would be tough now to make that call though, with the FB's we aquired in F/A, but I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

On NFL network this morning, the Texans GM said (in not so many words) that they want Mario Williams. I don't see them using the first pick, but they'll trade down a few spots.

I still say we trade J.T. O'sullivan for the #1 pick and get Bush :shock:

GOO!!
    REDHORSE

"mattjenny3" wrote:
    On NFL network this morning, the Texans GM said (in not so many words) that they want Mario Williams. I don't see them using the first pick, but they'll trade down a few spots.

I still say we trade J.T. O'sullivan for the #1 pick and get Bush :shock:

GOO!!

They havn't talk once to Bush about a contract yet. He's asking for too damn much money, I think it's a long stretch ... but wouldn't surprise me to see them pass on Bush. Plus there's talk Bush wants to go to the Jets, so he can get more marketing dollars than in Houston, N.O., or Tenn. ...

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "ZDoy379" wrote:

Youboty will be a starter in this league ... with Winfield and Smoot not getting any younger or even Sharper for that matter ... If your drafting for best player available instead of glaring needs ... I take Youboty or L.White before Greenway.

Also, if it is a weak draft class as you stated, all the more reason to take him now, if there isn't better value at #17 as we do need a cb. If winfield or smoot goes down, we are hurting.

White's hammy isn't that bad:

"That's very good news for White, whose "moderate" tear in the groin region could have caused him to fall out of the first round entirely. The teams considered to be hot for his services include the Broncos (who pick at No. 15 and No. 22), the Panthers (No. 27), and the Steelers (No. 32). The Colts could also be interested in White, since they are looking for someone/anyone to replace Edgerrin James.

White is regarded as the only power back in the 2006 draft with a consensus round-one grade."

Love the guy. It would be tough now to make that call though, with the FB's we aquired in F/A, but I wouldn't be mad if we picked him up.
    Drafting white at 17 would be simply idiotic. First of all, there no way he gets picked before 20, and should last till 25 or so. IF we really wanted him we should trade down. but we shouldnt want him. As you said he is the only power back in the draft. We don't want a power back. he wont fit the WCO very well. We would need a back who can catch teh ball out of the back field, like a westbrook. If we want to draft a running back, we should give a look at Brian Calhoun from wisconsin. He is a small, quick, great reciever. The biggest knock on him is that he probably can't carry the full load. But that is not a problem for us. He would share teh load with taylor. He should be there in the second, and may slip to the third, where he would be a great steal.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast