Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Fowler Not Likely To Be In Purple!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    He is a little small for a guard spot Cajun. He is under 300lbs and most guard are around 330 or bigger, which you can get away with at center.

Fowler if you think you should be a starter, then go out and prove that you are a starter. Is he afraid of a little competition, beat out Birk and you can have the starting job.

If the Gophers center is available in the 3rd round of the draft (he might be), I hope the Vikings draft him. He is the best center in college, and would be a good addition to the Vikes.
    You mean Greg Eslinger? Wow, I'm completely surprised I never thought of that before. That would be too perfect!! You're right too, he was the best Centre in College, and can pull blocks with the best of them. I'd love to see him taking notes from Birk and taking up the starting position in the future.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "ryanmurphy" wrote:
    Im taking the whatever happens, happens outlook on this one. Truth is, if Red wasn't such a cheap a$$, Birk would have played last year and we probably wouldn't have picked Fowler up in the first place...

Agreed Mr. Murphy..
    It was Zygi's decision not to pay him to play, not Red's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "ryanmurphy" wrote:
    Im taking the whatever happens, happens outlook on this one. Truth is, if Red wasn't such a cheap a$$, Birk would have played last year and we probably wouldn't have picked Fowler up in the first place...

Agreed Mr. Murphy..
    It was Zygi's decision not to pay him to play, not Red's.
    Yep, and I think it's going to work out better in the long run as long as Birk doesn't get a stick up his butt about it (which I don't think he will). Now we're assured that Birk will be back at better strength than he would have last year, and with all of the stuff we went through with Daunte not playing well and then getting hurt, the D playing poorly for the first half of the season and Tice getting fired, the season would have been a wash anyway, so there was no reason for Birk to play last year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Size isn't everything at the guard position.. All im looking for is if u can block the DT's.. And Fowler did that while snapping the ball.. Why can't he do that while not snapping it? I know it's different but I think he would adapt well..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Fowler is for sure, good enough to start for a number of teams out there, bad thing is he knows it too....

We will not see him next year here, I could have told you that during this years season, even when he was playing......Birk will be back, and I'de like to see us pick up a Center in the draft, maybe around the 5th round.....

Someone to have Birk tutor.... Keep Withrow for a backup, or look for someone in FA to take his place as a backup, if that player was graded out to be better than Withrow himself......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Thinking about this, Fowler will more than likely get picked up and Withrow I'm not very happy with..

Birk is back, pick up a known and proven starter, that is getting up in age and is possible looking to make a pay day as back up, ala #70 Trey Teague C Bills....FA

And still go after a C in the draft in the later rounds.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

he could be back if he doesn't get a better deal elsewhere
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I wish we could keep him but he probably can start some where at center which is likely also going to keep Bentley from coming here since he would rather start at center then at guard.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12