Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

Another thing I want to ask you guys, is if we're going to lose Sidney Rice (very likely with 2011 CBA), do we go after Vincent Jackson who would be perfect to compliment our vertical passing/run offense? It really makes a lot of sense to me and putting a young QB around great weapons reduces the likelihood of him being a bust. One frequently question asked with Tim Couch was "Had he not been in Cleveland, would be have been better?" You would have to look into it yourself to see what I'm trying to get at using the Couch example. Point is we need someone who's going to consistently come to play game in, game out to make this team better.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1097395
    Another thing I want to ask you guys, is if we're going to lose Sidney Rice (very likely with 2011 CBA), do we go after Vincent Jackson who would be perfect to compliment our vertical passing/run offense? It really makes a lot of sense to me and putting a young QB around great weapons reduces the likelihood of him being a bust. One frequently question asked with Tim Couch was "Had he not been in Cleveland, would be have been better?" You would have to look into it yourself to see what I'm trying to get at using the Couch example. Point is we need someone who's going to consistently come to play game in, game out to make this team better.

That could rule Harvin out.

He comes to play when he plays, but with him missing games every time the migraines flare up, can we count on him for 16+ games?

I think if Rice is gone, we look for two quality veteran WR's, not WR's like Baskett, Pinkston, etc...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1097375
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097160
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097041
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097036
    I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

NFL Free Agency 2011: 10 Free Agents the Minnesota Vikings Must Target
    Nothigns wrong with opinionated "who we shoudl target" articles if they're posted just for fun.

But posting them to back up any argument you make is not going to get a good response.
    Who argues on here? Surely not me.
    I think this "we don't argue on here" thing is getting old -.-
    Won't argue that.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1097394
    Here's something about Asomugha, he's been with that distraught Raider's team for way too long. I see him frequently around where I live and he's one of the best characters in this league easily. I would say we need to make our D better by going after him, but unfortunately he's at the point of his life where he really wants to win. I don't think our franchise at this moment offers that. I just can't see him coming to Minny much to my dismay.
    We would/will have to outbid the Cowgirls to get him.

Rumor has it that the Ryan that is in Dallas wants to run the same Defense that the Ryan in Balt runs. To do that he needs atleast one shutdown CB. Only one out there that fits the bill is Asomugha IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I have V-Jack as my number one FA next to Ngata. Problem is, the Chargers designated him as the franchis player.

Only way they let him go is if the CBA thing gets rid of that or if the Chargers decide they don't want him. With him being the number 1 FA WR and Rice being the number 2 (some have Holmes 2 and Rice 3), things are going to get ugly trying to resign Rice.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097473
    I have V-Jack as my number one FA next to Ngata. Problem is, the Chargers designated him as the franchis player.

Only way they let him go is if the CBA thing gets rid of that or if the Chargers decide they don't want him. With him being the number 1 FA WR and Rice being the number 2 (some have Holmes 2 and Rice 3), things are going to get ugly trying to resign Rice.
    A trade for Jackson isn't out of the question.

Remember, last year he held out, he doesn't want to be in SD anymore. He probably won't sign his franchise tag this year right away either. Hwoever, if we work out a trade for him on the assumption that he signs, the Bolts can try and get him to sign, knowing he'll be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097480

Remember, last year he held out, he doesn't want to be in SD anymore. He probably won't sign his franchise tag this year right away either. Hwoever, if we work out a trade for him on the assumption that he signs, the Bolts can try and get him to sign, knowing he'll be traded.
    Trust me, I've worked every scenario in my head that I can think of.

It still all comes back to that "Franchise" tag. Teams don't use it on players the don't want anymore.

Long story short, not out of the question, but a pretty distant possiblity.

(edit: I'm sure your going to go google and find a rare exception. :laugh: )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097482

It still all comes back to that "Franchise" tag. Teams don't use it on players the don't want anymore.

Look at it logically though.

Yes, they want him to play, but they know he doesn't want to be there. The tag ensures they get SOMETHING for him if he doesn't play for them. Whether we give up the 1st and 3rd, or try and swing a trade. Players have been franchised and traded before, I'm not sure why you don't think it's possible here.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097483

Yes, they want him to play, but they know he doesn't want to be there. The tag ensures they get SOMETHING for him if he doesn't play for them. Whether we give up the 1st and 3rd, or try and swing a trade. Players have been franchised and traded before, I'm not sure why you don't think it's possible here.
    Never said it wasn't a possibility. I said it was a distant....Means it could happen but not likely.

Look, go back and look what happened last year. We made them one hell of an offer (Chargers would've got a 2 or 3rd plus conditional or something like that) (Jackson would've got something like 5 or 6 Mill/One year/No franchise tag in 2011) they turned down.

The situation hasn't changed. He's one hell of a WR and they don't want to loose him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097487
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097483

Never said it wasn't a possibility. I said it was a distant....Means it could happen but not likely.

Look, go back and look what happened last year. We made them one hell of an offer (Chargers would've got a 2 or 3rd plus conditional or something like that) (Jackson would've got something like 5 or 6 Mill/One year/No franchise tag in 2011) they turned down.
    Hell of an offer isn't a 2nd or 3rd. Plus, a year later, they might be willing to deal. Remember a few years ago we offered a second for Rosenfels, turned down. A year later we get him for a fourth.
    The situation hasn't changed. He's one hell of a WR and they don't want to loose him.
    If they didn't want to lose him, they should sign him to a contract. They haven't yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast