Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,913

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1097109
    Dugan - Will play for food. He had 4 catches last season. 4.

    Kleinsasser - will be 35 going into the 2012 season, coming off of a 9 million dollar contract. If he wants to stay and compete he'll play for less than he got when he was 32. Had 148 yards in 2010.

    One of those two are gone with Rudolph here.

    Cook - A backup offensive lineman. Cheap.

    Abdullah - I wouldn't mind signing him to a long term deal now if possible. If he continues to improve we could save a lot of money. If he maintains his current level of play, you're looking at a mid-level safety contract.

    Onotalu - 28 year old special-teaner with 2 years of NFL play under his belt. What, $1 mil a year tops?

    Farwell - Special teams player.

    Longwell: Rackers made $2 million last year, in the last year of his contract. For a kicker, I'd imagine it's about the signing bonus, which, as I'm sure you know, doesn't affect the cap.

    EJ Henderson - Will be 31 in August. Reliable starter, but not an outstanding player. Coming off of arguably his best season as a pro. I could see a backloaded 4 year 21 million dollar deal with a good bonus up front after next season: 2012: 3 million. 2013: 5 million. 2014: 6 million 2015: 7 million.

    Leber - Would get a smaller deal than EJ. Maybe 3 years, 12 million with a decent sized bonus. If he wants more he can walk.

    Now the big money

    Greenway: He wants to be here. We'll sign him for less than he's worth, but he'll still command a $40 million dollar deal or so. $6-$7-$8-$9-$10 sounds fair to me. Briggs got 6 years, $36million in 2008. 5 years $40 is a good deal for Greenway IMO.

    Rice: A big bonus will be valuable here. We'd really be paying him based on potential and one big year, subtracting for injury and inconsistent production. Andre Johnson got 7 years, $62 million last off-season. 6 years, $45 million would be fair, if not overpaying.

    Adrian Peterson: I don't care what we pay him. Lock him up. A 26 year old running back going into his 5th season with nearly 6,000 yards. There's very little to base his potential contract on, but I'd go with something along the lines of 6 years, $60 million. Make 40 of that guaranteed, but start it light. Brzezinski is good at manipulating the salary cap, so I'm sure he'd find a way to compensate Peterson while keeping the cap as low as possible. And he's due to make $10.7 million this season anyway.

    I think it's manageable, especially if we're going into another uncapped year, and I'm confident we'll be able to retain Peterson, Rice and Greenway.
    Fair assesment my friend, Just a few commments on the red ones...

    I don't think Rudolph equates to anyone leaving. In fact, I think we will carry an extra man on the roster to support the emphasis on the run as well as giving Ponder a few other targets to use. Probably will see a rotation of a blocking TE and a catching TE (Sauce/Shanc)(Dugan/Rudolph)(Rudolph/Shanc) kindof rotation.

    Not a backup OLmen if he starts at C.

    I would agree with Shortwell and the price, but I think he will command more now that his short kickoffs have been negated by the rule change. Old cats like him, that are excellent at FG's will now command top dollar.

    Good thing for us, is there are a few of them that are FA's this year. Might help to keep the price down.

    In the end, its still gonna be a chunk of money.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,913

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

    DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

    WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

    OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    Agree. Anyone who appreciates DL play will also agree. Put that cat in a 4-3 and you will see his tackle numbers double, remind you of a 02/03 Phat Pat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097163
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

    DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

    WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

    OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    Agree. Anyone who appreciates DL play will also agree. Put that cat in a 4-3 and you will see his tackle numbers double, remind you of a 02/03 Phat Pat.
    Yeah, but a, he's not going anywhere, and b, I think he's best suited as a 3-4 DE.

    His personal numbers are unimportant, it's what he does for the rest of the D. Ngata is a guy that commands a doubleteam simply because he'll outman a one-on-one blocking assignment. That means he fills a hole, and if he beats two guys, that's two gaps clogged by him. The NT is supposed to be responsible for both A Gaps, if two guys can fill four holes, that seriously restricts where teams can go with the ball, leaving LB's free to swoop in and make the tackle.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,913

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097166
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097163
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

    DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

    WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

    OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    Agree. Anyone who appreciates DL play will also agree. Put that cat in a 4-3 and you will see his tackle numbers double, remind you of a 02/03 Phat Pat.
    Yeah, but a, he's not going anywhere, and b, I think he's best suited as a 3-4 DE.

    His personal numbers are unimportant, it's what he does for the rest of the D. Ngata is a guy that commands a doubleteam simply because he'll outman a one-on-one blocking assignment. That means he fills a hole, and if he beats two guys, that's two gaps clogged by him. The NT is supposed to be responsible for both A Gaps, if two guys can fill four holes, that seriously restricts where teams can go with the ball, leaving LB's free to swoop in and make the tackle.
    Couple of thoughts......

    He can play 3-4 DE but he would be a beast on our line as the 0/1 tech which dovetails into the "What he does for the rest of the D" comment.

    Put him next to K-dubb and we won't have to endure watching him only get 20ish tackles a year. Might get up there were the rest of the productive DT's are in the league, which, by the way, would eliminate the perception that our S's take bad angles trying to get to ball carriers our DT's miss.
    By the way, the stuff I highlighted in red, Phat Pat used to do each and everydown.

    Now no one does it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097174
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097166
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097163
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

    DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

    WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

    OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    Agree. Anyone who appreciates DL play will also agree. Put that cat in a 4-3 and you will see his tackle numbers double, remind you of a 02/03 Phat Pat.
    Yeah, but a, he's not going anywhere, and b, I think he's best suited as a 3-4 DE.

    His personal numbers are unimportant, it's what he does for the rest of the D. Ngata is a guy that commands a doubleteam simply because he'll outman a one-on-one blocking assignment. That means he fills a hole, and if he beats two guys, that's two gaps clogged by him. The NT is supposed to be responsible for both A Gaps, if two guys can fill four holes, that seriously restricts where teams can go with the ball, leaving LB's free to swoop in and make the tackle.
    Couple of thoughts......

    He can play 3-4 DE but he would be a beast on our line as the 0/1 tech which dovetails into the "What he does for the rest of the D" comment.

    Put him next to K-dubb and we won't have to endure watching him only get 20ish tackles a year. Might get up there were the rest of the productive DT's are in the league, which, by the way, would eliminate the perception that our S's take bad angles trying to get to ball carriers our DT's miss.
    By the way, the stuff I highlighted in red, Phat Pat used to do each and everydown.

    Now no one does it.
    that is all true, he'd definitely be a great addition. Unfortunately, the odds of that happening are next to nil, especially since we seem to be goign away from having the "warpig" NT on our line.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,913

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097176
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097174
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097166
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097163
    Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097065
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

    DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

    WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

    OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    Agree. Anyone who appreciates DL play will also agree. Put that cat in a 4-3 and you will see his tackle numbers double, remind you of a 02/03 Phat Pat.
    Yeah, but a, he's not going anywhere, and b, I think he's best suited as a 3-4 DE.

    His personal numbers are unimportant, it's what he does for the rest of the D. Ngata is a guy that commands a doubleteam simply because he'll outman a one-on-one blocking assignment. That means he fills a hole, and if he beats two guys, that's two gaps clogged by him. The NT is supposed to be responsible for both A Gaps, if two guys can fill four holes, that seriously restricts where teams can go with the ball, leaving LB's free to swoop in and make the tackle.
    Couple of thoughts......

    He can play 3-4 DE but he would be a beast on our line as the 0/1 tech which dovetails into the "What he does for the rest of the D" comment.

    Put him next to K-dubb and we won't have to endure watching him only get 20ish tackles a year. Might get up there were the rest of the productive DT's are in the league, which, by the way, would eliminate the perception that our S's take bad angles trying to get to ball carriers our DT's miss.
    By the way, the stuff I highlighted in red, Phat Pat used to do each and everydown.

    Now no one does it.
    that is all true, he'd definitely be a great addition. Unfortunately, the odds of that happening are next to nil, especially since we seem to be goign away from having the "warpig" NT on our line.
    I hear ya, but you can see why I've wanted one for the last 3 years.

    One only need to look at K-dubbs tackle production to see that the writing is on the wall.
    2010 27 Solo
    2009 22 Solo
    2008 45 Solo
    2007 30 Solo
    2006 28 Solo7
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097036
    I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

    NFL Free Agency 2011: 10 Free Agents the Minnesota Vikings Must Target
    Considering our recent history (signing old cheese) and in review of the list that these guys put together, two names jumped out at me on this list: James Jones, Atari Bigby.

    Both are immediate upgrades and give us options as it relates to the roster uncertainty. Now I would rather we spend the money on Rice but I do not think Rosenwhore is going to be the least bit reasonable in negotiating with the Vikes. Another receiver may add a bit of leverage for the Berrian/Rice roster spots.

    Bigby would be a good add to replace Madieu. Or in the event that Cook, Griff, and Winfield's combination of age and injury do not improve, we wont see a big drop off like we did last year. This is a priority but its probably a bit to far down the list to throw the kind of money it would take to land Bigby.

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1097352
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097036
    I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

    NFL Free Agency 2011: 10 Free Agents the Minnesota Vikings Must Target
    Considering our recent history (signing old cheese) and in review of the list that these guys put together, two names jumped out at me on this list: James Jones, Atari Bigby.

    Both are immediate upgrades and give us options as it relates to the roster uncertainty. Now I would rather we spend the money on Rice but I do not think Rosenwhore is going to be the least bit reasonable in negotiating with the Vikes. Another receiver may add a bit of leverage for the Berrian/Rice roster spots.

    Bigby would be a good add to replace Madieu. Or in the event that Cook, Griff, and Winfield's combination of age and injury do not improve, we wont see a big drop off like we did last year. This is a priority but its probably a bit to far down the list to throw the kind of money it would take to land Bigby.
    Bigby might be worth it. He's still relatively young, he's a great physical presence, and isn't a liability in coverage. Basically, the exact opposite of everything Madieu is... which in itself should make him a perfect fit.

  9. #29
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097160
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097041
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097036
    I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

    NFL Free Agency 2011: 10 Free Agents the Minnesota Vikings Must Target
    Nothigns wrong with opinionated "who we shoudl target" articles if they're posted just for fun.

    But posting them to back up any argument you make is not going to get a good response.
    Who argues on here? Surely not me.
    I think this "we don't argue on here" thing is getting old -.-
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  10. #30
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    176

    Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

    Here's something about Asomugha, he's been with that distraught Raider's team for way too long. I see him frequently around where I live and he's one of the best characters in this league easily. I would say we need to make our D better by going after him, but unfortunately he's at the point of his life where he really wants to win. I don't think our franchise at this moment offers that. I just can't see him coming to Minny much to my dismay.
    None

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free agents not free, as first week shows
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
  2. TOP FREE AGENTS AVAILABLE
    By BleedinPandG in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
  3. Free Agents
    By VikingSpirit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:03 AM
  4. Free Agents
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 09:01 AM
  5. Free Agents
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 03:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •