Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Four Free Agents to wish for

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096756
    Defense:
    Shaun Cody (Marty's "Warpig")
    I'd much rather have........(In order of priority)

DT
    Haloti Ngata or Aubrayo Franklin

WR
    Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice (Yes I know VJ has been tagged)

OLB
    Chad Greenway and Kamerion Wimbley. Need two, not one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Defense:

DT
    No way in hell Ngata goes anywhere, otherwise I'd definitely agree with you there.

Baltimore would be damn smart to lock him up.
    WR
    Definitely want Rice, VJ will be a tough sell. If we can work a trade, then sure. I definitely don't want to give up the 1st and 3rd for him, when he might not even want to play here.

OLB
    I doubt that Greenway is going anywhere. He wants to be here, we want him. He's franchised, so he's here for at LEAST another year. We need a Leber replacement though. I like the idea of THomas Davis. He's a good player, but was hurt last year. He's be an excellent SAM for us.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097009
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097008
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1096868
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1096867
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1096796
    As long as we are wishing where is o-something something from Oakland. He is a shut down corner that can play cover 2, a perfect fit for us!! I would want to get him of rsure!!
    I think you mean Nnandi Asomoghua (sp)? He would be great but very expensive.
    VERY VERY expensive ... but quite possible worth every penny.

I would not at all be disappointed in us pursuing him. I would, however, be completely shocked if he had any interest in Minnesota. Though Frazier was a great CB and with Singletary and Pagac around, he may be interested in what could be a defensive minded team.
    I've been reading lots of stuff about Dallas as the team you will have to outbid to get his services.

Rationale most use is the following:

a. Rob Ryan wants to run the same offense that the Jets run.
    b. To do that you need atleast(among other thins) one shut down CB.
    c. The owner wants to make a big splash to draw fan interest.

Supposedly, Jerry is going to try to get that done. I don't think the Wilf Ownership Group (although I'd love to see him in Purple and Gold) can outbid that sneaky Texan.
    I bet they can, but won't. They'd be smart to make an attempt, and get an offer out there. Best case, we get him. Worst case, we drive up the price for other teams. I think you grossly underestimate how much spending money we have. Wilf has shown he doesn't mind spending the big bucks on players, I don't see why you think that will change.

However, if it's going to be like $12 mil to get him, I'd say pass.
    I don't think I do under estimate how much he has. Lets not forget the last two big contracts he had to go out to the Ownership group and get extra money from them cause the org didn't have it.

Mix in the following info:

Need a contract:
    Rice
    Greenway
    Leber/Erin
    Edwards
    Husain
    Shortwell
    Cook

Should get a extension this year:
    AD
    Dugan or Sauce
    Shanc
    EJ
    Onatolu or Farwell (Puke)

What might be the end result:
    Rice
    Greenway
    Husain
    AD
    EJ
    Dugan

Still adds up to alot of cash.

Running out and signing the highest paid S when you can resign Husain for half the amount, allowing you to add corps players (although not as flashy) like a Dugan, Cook and still afford the likes of Rice, Greenway, AD, EJ etc, is more along the lines of the spending limit the staff will have.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

NFL Free Agency 2011: 10 Free Agents the Minnesota Vikings Must Target

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097036
    I know these poor yutz's over at "Bleacher Report" don't meet up to some peoples standards on here (heck some of us don't either) however, I thought this was a good read.....

I would take Bigby in a heartbeat!

Blog Entries

Nothigns wrong with opinionated "who we shoudl target" articles if they're posted just for fun.

But posting them to back up any argument you make is not going to get a good response.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097010
    Defense:

DT

WR

OLB
    Ngata is one of the best players in all the league, not just at his position.
    We're bringing purple back.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097020
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097009
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097008
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1096868
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1096867
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1096796
    As long as we are wishing where is o-something something from Oakland. He is a shut down corner that can play cover 2, a perfect fit for us!! I would want to get him of rsure!!
    I think you mean Nnandi Asomoghua (sp)? He would be great but very expensive.
    VERY VERY expensive ... but quite possible worth every penny.

I would not at all be disappointed in us pursuing him. I would, however, be completely shocked if he had any interest in Minnesota. Though Frazier was a great CB and with Singletary and Pagac around, he may be interested in what could be a defensive minded team.
    I've been reading lots of stuff about Dallas as the team you will have to outbid to get his services.

Rationale most use is the following:

a. Rob Ryan wants to run the same offense that the Jets run.
    b. To do that you need atleast(among other thins) one shut down CB.
    c. The owner wants to make a big splash to draw fan interest.

Supposedly, Jerry is going to try to get that done. I don't think the Wilf Ownership Group (although I'd love to see him in Purple and Gold) can outbid that sneaky Texan.
    I bet they can, but won't. They'd be smart to make an attempt, and get an offer out there. Best case, we get him. Worst case, we drive up the price for other teams. I think you grossly underestimate how much spending money we have. Wilf has shown he doesn't mind spending the big bucks on players, I don't see why you think that will change.

However, if it's going to be like $12 mil to get him, I'd say pass.
    I don't think I do under estimate how much he has. Lets not forget the last two big contracts he had to go out to the Ownership group and get extra money from them cause the org didn't have it.

Mix in the following info:

Need a contract:
    Rice
    Greenway
    Leber/Erin
    Edwards
    Husain
    Shortwell
    Cook

Should get a extension this year:
    AD
    Dugan or Sauce
    Shanc
    EJ
    Onatolu or Farwell (Puke)

What might be the end result:
    Rice
    Greenway
    Husain
    AD
    EJ
    Dugan

Still adds up to alot of cash.

Running out and signing the highest paid S when you can resign Husain for half the amount, allowing you to add corps players (although not as flashy) like a Dugan, Cook and still afford the likes of Rice, Greenway, AD, EJ etc, is more along the lines of the spending limit the staff will have.
    Dugan - Will play for food. He had 4 catches last season. 4.

Kleinsasser - will be 35 going into the 2012 season, coming off of a 9 million dollar contract. If he wants to stay and compete he'll play for less than he got when he was 32. Had 148 yards in 2010.

One of those two are gone with Rudolph here.

Cook - A backup offensive lineman. Cheap.

Abdullah - I wouldn't mind signing him to a long term deal now if possible. If he continues to improve we could save a lot of money. If he maintains his current level of play, you're looking at a mid-level safety contract.

Onotalu - 28 year old special-teaner with 2 years of NFL play under his belt. What, $1 mil a year tops?
    Farwell - Special teams player.

Longwell: Rackers made $2 million last year, in the last year of his contract. For a kicker, I'd imagine it's about the signing bonus, which, as I'm sure you know, doesn't affect the cap.

EJ Henderson - Will be 31 in August. Reliable starter, but not an outstanding player. Coming off of arguably his best season as a pro. I could see a backloaded 4 year 21 million dollar deal with a good bonus up front after next season: 2012: 3 million. 2013: 5 million. 2014: 6 million 2015: 7 million.

Leber - Would get a smaller deal than EJ. Maybe 3 years, 12 million with a decent sized bonus. If he wants more he can walk.

Now the big money

Greenway: He wants to be here. We'll sign him for less than he's worth, but he'll still command a $40 million dollar deal or so. $6-$7-$8-$9-$10 sounds fair to me. Briggs got 6 years, $36million in 2008. 5 years $40 is a good deal for Greenway IMO.

Rice: A big bonus will be valuable here. We'd really be paying him based on potential and one big year, subtracting for injury and inconsistent production. Andre Johnson got 7 years, $62 million last off-season. 6 years, $45 million would be fair, if not overpaying.

Adrian Peterson: I don't care what we pay him. Lock him up. A 26 year old running back going into his 5th season with nearly 6,000 yards. There's very little to base his potential contract on, but I'd go with something along the lines of 6 years, $60 million. Make 40 of that guaranteed, but start it light. Brzezinski is good at manipulating the salary cap, so I'm sure he'd find a way to compensate Peterson while keeping the cap as low as possible. And he's due to make $10.7 million this season anyway.

I think it's manageable, especially if we're going into another uncapped year, and I'm confident we'll be able to retain Peterson, Rice and Greenway.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097041

Nothigns wrong with opinionated "who we shoudl target" articles if they're posted just for fun.

But posting them to back up any argument you make is not going to get a good response.
    Who argues on here? Surely not me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097160
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097041

Who argues on here? Surely not me.
    you? Never :dry:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast