Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Four Downs: NFC North

[size=13pt]Four Downs: NFC North[/size]

by Ryan Wilson

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Four Downs: NFC North

Very nice read my friend.
    I saw alot of good stuff in there and really liked the format they followed.

Couple of nuggets to chew on.
    ;D

Childress told the AP that the job is currently Jackson’s to lose, but also pointed out that unrestricted free agents Quinn Gray, Cleo Lemon and Craig Nall don’t get him “jumping up and down.” The implication: It’s better to go with what you got than start over with a player who could potentially make the team worse.

Again, assuming the Patriots keep Randy Moss, there isn’t a legitimate No. 1 receiver in free agency. However, if New England doesn’t sign Donte’ Stallworth to a re-worked contract, he’s available
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I was more intrigued with this:

With Peterson and Chester Taylor occupying the top of the running back depth chart, situational rusher Mewelde Moore will look for steadier work with another team. Tony Richardson would like to return, but with Childress suggesting that he would like to see Peterson and Taylor on the field together more often, it’s not clear there will be much need for a full-time fullback.
    I've been preaching for that sort of formation since signing on here!
    TJack in the shotgun... 2 receivers and a tight end in, CT on one side... AD on the other... play after play out of that formation... run the draw... throw the screen... throw the slant... max protect and go deep... let the TE slip out into the flat while a RB picks up a block... so many options... over and over...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read my friend.
    I saw alot of good stuff in there and really liked the format they followed.

Couple of nuggets to chew on.
    ;D

Childress told the AP that the job is currently Jackson’s to lose, but also pointed out that unrestricted free agents Quinn Gray, Cleo Lemon and Craig Nall don’t get him “jumping up and down.” The implication: It’s better to go with what you got than start over with a player who could potentially make the team worse.

Again, assuming the Patriots keep Randy Moss, there isn’t a legitimate No. 1 receiver in free agency. However, if New England doesn’t sign Donte’ Stallworth to a re-worked contract, he’s available
    I like that site too. They write good insightful stuff over there. Especially if you buy into their statistical approach.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

There aren't a lot of great WRs in free agency, but there are many that seem like they could be traded for below-value (Chad Johnson, Javon Walker etc.)

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:

With Peterson and Chester Taylor occupying the top of the running back depth chart, situational rusher Mewelde Moore will look for steadier work with another team. Tony Richardson would like to return, but with Childress suggesting that he would like to see Peterson and Taylor on the field together more often, it’s not clear there will be much need for a full-time fullback.
    TJack in the shotgun... 2 receivers and a tight end in, CT on one side... AD on the other... play after play out of that formation... run the draw... throw the screen... throw the slant... max protect and go deep... let the TE slip out into the flat while a RB picks up a block... so many options... over and over...
    You should have been a bit more exuberant when they did run it then.
    Maybe you missed it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Maybe you missed it.
    ;D
    They ran it some towrds the end of the season.
    People keep forgetting that despite AD's amazing talent as a runner, he was NOT very good at pass protection.
    So unfortunately teams were able to load the box whenever AD was in.
    The occasional times we left AD in to pass block ended up with the QB on his back more times than not.

[s]If[/s] When AD gets better as pass protection, you will see him in a lot more on passing downs, which should open up our offense considerably more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Maybe you missed it.

;D
    People keep forgetting that despite AD's amazing talent as a runner, he was NOT very good at pass protection.
    The occasional times we left AD in to pass block ended up with the QB on his back more times than not.

[s]If[/s] When AD gets better as pass protection, you will see him in a lot more on passing downs, which should open up our offense considerably more.
    I agree, I don't think his pass protection issues are anything other than what tracks as the norm for first year backs trying to adjust to the NFL.

By the way, they ran it a few times early on in the season as well.
    I believe it was the game or game after CT returned.

I want Larry Fitzgerald then we would have a good passing offence

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:

Maybe you missed it.

;D

Still no one answers this question......

Why is AD blocking? Why is he not
    runnin g a route?
    We have a FB, let him pass block instead of running the route. This is the things people say without considering the whole picture.

Ask yourself which is more idiotic:
    Letting eveyone know that you're running the ball by subbing AD in?
    or
    Modifying a few schemes to leave him in on passing plays to run routes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast