Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Four Downs: NFC North

Four Downs: NFC North

I found the following reader comment interesting:

by jimm (not verified) :: Tue, 06/01/2010 - 1:19pm
    In the five years that Frazier has been a def coordinator his defences have averaged only 14.4 ints a year. His safeties have only topped 4 ints in a season once; that being his first year in Minnesota where two veterans Sharper and D. Smith combined for 8. Smith was cut and Sharper wasn't resigned the next year. There were numerous reports that Sharper didn't like the conservative scheme. Of course he went on to lead the league with 9 ints in NO.

I think it's clear that Frazier doesn't want his safeties taking many chances. So I'm not sure you can judge the play of Williams and Johnson on that basis.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Four Downs: NFC North

This quote should be all Marrdro needs to know that the writer is both a yutz and a chucklehead

First, the receivers are all young, so it is possible that someone emerges as a legitimate number one receiver.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

With Tampa John Lynch and the other starting safety never combined for more than 9 INTs in a season. There was one other season with 7, but other than those two seasons they only averaged around 4 per season.

No 2 safeties on the Colts from 2002 to present have combined for more than 6 INTs. Same goes for the Bears with Lovie Smith as a HC.

Cover 2 Safeties are not supposed to be ballhawks. It's not just our guys, the best Tampa 2 defenses of the decade have had the same "problem."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    This quote should be all Marrdro needs to know that the writer is both a yutz and a chucklehead

First, the receivers are all young, so it is possible that someone emerges as a legitimate number one receiver.
    LOL, well played my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg