Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Four Defections That Make Sense

Sidney Rice to the Bears

Anthony Adams to the Vikings

Ben Leber to the Lions (if they lose Cliff Avril in free agency, then Ray Edwards might be another decent option.)

Danieal Manning to the Packers

Four Defections That Make Sense

Something to "Ponder"........As we sit here and read all these things, it sure seems like alot of teams are targeting Vikings players.

If half of them are true and aren't some drivel dreamed up by a sports hack, I'm not sure I'm liking some of them, especially the one about Rice and Edwards.

Can you imagine what a "Cutler" Rice combination will be? Cutler doesn't mind just throwing it up there and Rice seems to love it when a QB does just that.

Edwards on the Lions DL just scares the living shit out of me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Four Defections That Make Sense

Hmm.. Rice to the Bears is worrysome. Bears need a WR who doesn't fall over trying to run routes that aren't screens, slants or flys (Hester).

Then again, as Mushin Muhammad said, "Chicago is where WR's go to die".

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100012
    Hmm.. Rice to the Bears is worrysome. Bears need a WR who doesn't fall over trying to run routes that aren't screens, slants or flys (Hester).

Then again, as Mushin Muhammad said, "Chicago is where WR's go to die".
    That would also free up Devin to stick to the deep patterns. He has not appeared to pick up the ability to run routes, or even understand their offense. Hell, sometimes he doesn't even know where to line up, but one area he can excel is "go deep Devin".
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100025
    That would also free up Devin to stick to the deep patterns. He has not appeared to pick up the ability to run routes, or even understand their offense. Hell, sometimes he doesn't even know where to line up, but one area he can excel is "go deep Devin".
    You make a great point my friend.

If Hester only had to run a 8 and a 9 route because there was someone else running the intermediate stuff, he would be alot more dangerous of a threat as the defense wouldn't be able to roll coverage help over the top.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100029

If Hester only had to run a 8 and a 9 route because there was someone else running the intermediate stuff, he would be alot more dangerous of a threat as the defense wouldn't be able to roll coverage help over the top.
    I'm sure Martz is thinking the same thing. Sid could really help to open up his offense.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100035

I'm sure Martz is thinking the same thing. Sid could really help to open up his offense.
    No doubt.

A guy who can run a 3, 4, 5 and 6 route, and catch anything close to him sure would open things up and it would definately help with their OL issues, that are still there by the way.

Edit: I hope they don't go after Plex or Jackson......

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100038

No doubt.

A guy who can run a 3, 4, 5 and 6 route, and catch anything close to him sure would open things up and it would definately help with their OL issues, that are still there by the way.

Although it is still their archilles heel, they have addressed the oline the last two years. First by hiring Tice before last season, and then in the draft this year. This may be the year they actually drafted a starter in round one. Something they have not had much success at under Angelo.

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1100041
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100038

No doubt.

Although it is still their archilles heel, they have addressed the oline the last two years. First by hiring Tice before last season, and then in the draft this year. This may be the year they actually drafted a starter in round one. Something they have not had much success at under Angelo.
    They are still just a "Williams" injury away from being back to were they were at the start of last year.

A QB with a quick release, throwing to a big tall possesion kindof guy who can run the shorter routes (don't have to block as long) will help.