Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney Rice

I'm extremely happy with Rice and I would've been just as happy with Jarrett. My concern is: Will Jackson be able to get him the ball? I'm really excited to see Rice on the field!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney Rice

A little raw for immediate impact but a VERY solid pick based on this hands and leaping ability.
    He doesn't catch the ball with his body like Troy has started doing lately.
    I think T-Jack will enjoy his two new weapons.
    Oh, and it is really cool that we picked up an extra pick and still got him.
    Great draft so far.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I don't think he'll come out like Moss did as a rookie, but I think Rice (if he stays healthy) will be a solid pro.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think he'll come out like Moss did as a rookie, but I think Rice (if he stays healthy) will be a solid pro.
    Considering nobody has ever blown up the NFL like Randy did in his rookie season, that's a redundant statement.

I hope Sidney turns out well, but the usual MO with receivers is that they take a year or two to adjust to the pro level.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I LOVE the pick. Why? 3 letters. SEC.

The guy did all his damage in the tough SEC.He has amazing hands and leaping ability.How we got him at 44 is a wonder.

Rice and Williamson? They compliment each other very well.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Well, it's nice to see that we're making good picks.
    Rice looks like a very good choice, especially considering he played against tough SEC competition.
    (I REALLY wish I had more to say, but I don't.
    I can't claim to be able to predict what's going to happen to us next season.
    Oh, well).

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Would have preferred Jarrett, but hopefully the pick works out.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"litlharsh" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I like the Rice pick but with Jarrett on the board I would have taken him, if you think he is overrated that is your opinion mine is he was one of the most underrated players in this draft.

Because he ran a 4.62 instead of a 4.45 which would have made him a top ten pick.

Think of this:
    Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 and was taken 54th pick and he was the 6th wide receiver taken.
    He was rookie of the year!

Like I said earlier in this post I like Sydney Rice but I think we well regret not taking Jarrett!
    Boldin was hurt when he ran that at the combine. He ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

Cris Carter was not fast and he did pretty damnn well!

Terrel Owens
    Keenan McCardell 4.59
    Keyshawn Johnson 4.49
    Joe Horn
    Isaac Bruce

But like I stated earlier I like the Rice pick but I would have taken Jarrett and I think he will have a great NFL career.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "litlharsh" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I like the Rice pick but with Jarrett on the board I would have taken him, if you think he is overrated that is your opinion mine is he was one of the most underrated players in this draft.

Because he ran a 4.62 instead of a 4.45 which would have made him a top ten pick.

Think of this:
    Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 and was taken 54th pick and he was the 6th wide receiver taken.
    He was rookie of the year!

Like I said earlier in this post I like Sydney Rice but I think we well regret not taking Jarrett!
    Boldin was hurt when he ran that at the combine. He ran a 4.46 at his pro day.

Cris Carter was not fast and he did pretty damnn well!

Terrel Owens
    Keenan McCardell 4.59
    Keyshawn Johnson 4.49
    Joe Horn
    Isaac Bruce

But like I stated earlier I like the Rice pick but I would have taken Jarrett and I think he will have a great NFL career.
    I was surprised we passed on Jarrett, but I think Rice is still a great pick.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him work his way in to the starting lineup some time this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567