Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney Rice

"HornedHat" wrote:
    Rice is our best reciever. I'm very pleased. I'm hopin havin a rook from SC will light a fire under TWill. Lord knows, he needs SOMETHING, glasses, contacts, lasik, stick-um or whatever the NIKE guys came up with. I think Rice can catch the darn ball, so I'm good.
    Rice has nothing to do with TWill except that we may not be picking him if TWill weren't a bust!
    Only TWill can help TWill.
    But I'm happy with Rice. He CAN catch.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney Rice

I choose to bitch and pout over this pick. Jarrett was the man last year. I can't beleive we drafted someone from the same school and position as Williamson. I hope Williamson gets arrested and cut. Then gets a job as a roofer. Never watched Rice but he was a #2 behind Williamson a couple years ago and that just sucks.(because williamson is older i assume). I hope Troy didnt teach him anything he knows and gives him zero pointers when he comes to camp. Rice should realize that he's at the very least bad luck and avoid his worthless ass at all times.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Sidney Rice Amazing Catches You Tube

Everybody knew we were weak recieving wise so this is OK with me, whether it was right to pick Rice above Jarret will play out in the coming season.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: With the forty-forth pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Vikings select Sidney

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I choose to bitch and pout over this pick. Jarrett was the man last year. I can't beleive we drafted someone from the same school and position as Williamson. I hope Williamson gets arrested and cut. Then gets a job as a roofer. Never watched Rice but he was a #2 behind Williamson a couple years ago and that just sucks.(because williamson is older i assume). I hope Troy didnt teach him anything he knows and gives him zero pointers when he comes to camp. Rice should realize that he's at the very least bad luck and avoid his worthless ass at all times.
    Troy went into the draft two years ago. Rice was a sophomore this year.. So they never played together. The fact that they're from the same school means absolutely NOTHING. They are complete receivers. Troy is a speedy smaller receiver while Rice is fast but tall with good hands and a red zone threat.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

here's a little bit on Rice

Strengths:
    Has excellent size with long arms and a rangy frame...Outstanding ball skills...A smooth natural athlete...Excellent leaper who high points the ball...Has big, soft, and very reliable hands...Terrific body control...Plays faster than he times...Tracks the ball well and has great hand / eye coordination...A terror in the red zone...Will make the spectacular catch...Able to separate and is a great vertical threat...Was extremely productive and pretty dominant in the SEC...Still has a ton of potential.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have a lot of experience...Still very raw and needs to work on mastering the nuances of the position...Timed speed is only average...Needs to get stronger and could stand to add some weight...Has to refine his route running...Does not provide much after the catch...Is not real explosive and lacks a burst...Has some durability concerns and battled a number of minor injuries throughout his career.

Notes:
    Was also a very good basketball player in high school...Redshirt sophomore who was able to declare for the draft because it had been three years since his high school class graduated...The key word is upside and had he gone back to school for one more year he might have been a Top 5-10 overall pick in 2008...A bit of a project who teams will have to be patient with and develop but he certainly has #1 wideout potential at the next level and could ultimately end up being a steal.

Man, this draft has turned out to be phenomanal!!!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I choose to beeyatch and pout over this pick. Jarrett was the man last year. I can't beleive we drafted someone from the same school and position as Williamson. I hope Williamson gets arrested and cut. Then gets a job as a roofer. Never watched Rice but he was a #2 behind Williamson a couple years ago and that just sucks.(because williamson is older i assume). I hope Troy didnt teach him anything he knows and gives him zero pointers when he comes to camp. Rice should realize that he's at the very least bad luck and avoid his worthless jiggly butt at all times.
    My faith in some 'Viking fans' ability to complain about personnel moves, regardless of the situation, has been restored.

You forgot to mention the old standard complaint that Childress cut Marcus Robinson on Christmas Eve.
    :

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This

"vikes09" wrote:
    here's a little bit on Rice

Strengths:
    Has excellent size with long arms and a rangy frame...Outstanding ball skills...A smooth natural athlete...Excellent leaper who high points the ball...Has big, soft, and very reliable hands...Terrific body control...Plays faster than he times...Tracks the ball well and has great hand / eye coordination...A terror in the red zone...Will make the spectacular catch...Able to separate and is a great vertical threat...Was extremely productive and pretty dominant in the SEC...Still has a ton of potential.

Weaknesses:
    Doesn't have a lot of experience...Still very raw and needs to work on mastering the nuances of the position...Timed speed is only average...Needs to get stronger and could stand to add some weight...Has to refine his route running...Does not provide much after the catch...Is not real explosive and lacks a burst...Has some durability concerns and battled a number of minor injuries throughout his career.

Notes:
    Was also a very good basketball player in high school...Redshirt sophomore who was able to declare for the draft because it had been three years since his high school class graduated...The key word is upside and had he gone back to school for one more year he might have been a Top 5-10 overall pick in 2008...A bit of a project who teams will have to be patient with and develop but he certainly has #1 wideout potential at the next level and could ultimately end up being a steal.

Man, this draft has turned out to be phenomanal!!!
    and this

Troy went into the draft two years ago. Rice was a sophomore this year.. So they never played together. The fact that they're from the same school means absolutely NOTHING. They are complete receivers. Troy is a speedy smaller receiver while Rice is fast but tall with good hands and a red zone threat.
    So much better than this well thought out post

I choose to beeyatch and pout over this pick. Jarrett was the man last year. I can't beleive we drafted someone from the same school and position as Williamson. I hope Williamson gets arrested and cut. Then gets a job as a roofer. Never watched Rice but he was a #2 behind Williamson a couple years ago and that just sucks.(because williamson is older i assume). I hope Troy didnt teach him anything he knows and gives him zero pointers when he comes to camp. Rice should realize that he's at the very least bad luck and avoid his worthless jiggly butt at all times.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I like Sidney Rice but I am a little weary on the Steve Spurrier system.
    He has not produced any recievers who have really paned out in the NFL.
    Travis Taylor (was our best reciever last year, but he still suks), Troy Williamson, Taylor Jacobs.
    Not exactly your cream o da crop recievers.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

49ers Fans discussing who is better, Sidney Rice or Calvin Johnson.

Interesting!

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=2074

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingsfanpa8202" wrote:
    I like Sidney Rice but I am a little weary on the Steve Spurrier system.
    He has not produced any recievers who have really paned out in the NFL.
    Travis Taylor (was our best reciever last year, but he still suks), Troy Williamson, Taylor Jacobs.
    Not exactly your cream o da crop recievers.
    Probably why we drafted Rice.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast