Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Former Vikings still out there

I got this from another thread:

Etc.

• Former Vikings backup quarterback Shaun Hill recently signed with the San Francisco 49ers. That leaves four Vikings free agents unsigned. The list includes cornerback Ralph Brown; kicker Paul Edinger; running back Moe Williams, and center Cory Withrow.
    What do you guys think?

CB Ralph Brown: I think it'll be difficult for Brown to find somewhere to play. He were decent as he played som nickel, but he never really stood out.

K Paul Edinger: I think Edinger will get some work outs for teams that needs kickers. But it is allways a difficult position as there are rarely more than one spot per team.

RB Moe Williams: It seems that Moe wants another year, and I'm confident he'll find someone who want him in that 3rd down role. Probably the Rams.

C Cory Withrow: I think this is it for Withrow. He kind of showed last year that he doesn't cut it at this level as a starter.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Former Vikings still out there

Edinger will get signed at the last minute bye a team in need of a kicker.
    I think Moe should retire in all honesty.
    Withrow will have trouble finding a job.
    and I think Ralph Brown will eventually find a team....he isnt THAT bad.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

Edinger could go to the Pats. they have Martin Gramatica but he's trash. They just drafted the kicker out of Memphis Stephen Gradkowski. I don't know how to spell it but whatever. He might start but at least to start the season Gramatica won't make it. Edinger could go there. It's just a thought. I'm from Rhode Island so that's how I know that Gramatica won't cut it in New England.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Edinger will find a job yes.. Not sure where.. But he is pretty decent

And Ralph Brown will too somewhere.. Most likley to a team trying to add depth to thier secondary

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

They where all cut from our team for a reason. No I would not like them back.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

edinger is not a bad kicker at all, sure he's been a little inconsistant, but he will have no probably being signed by someone in need.

ralph brown will most likely be signed as a team that doesnt have much depth in their secondary behind nickle

moe williams... i really like the guy and wish he could keep playing, but coming off of an injury and being a bigger guy, who's also now up there in years, will most likely go unsigned and be forced to retire, although had he not gotten injured last year, i think he probably would have had one more decent year in him

withrow..... i dont know, he's not a bad player, but he's small and not exactly a starter, maybe someone brings him in as a back up, but i dont think thats too likely, i can see him having some problems getting signed.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Edinger will get signed at the last minute bye a team in need of a kicker.
    I think Moe should retire in all honesty.
    Withrow will have trouble finding a job.
    and I think Ralph Brown will eventually find a team....he isnt THAT bad.

i agree!! I think Moe just needs to throw in the towel!! Ralph isn't terribly bad, but some teams might need a Special teams player or a back up in the CB position!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Holy guacomole! Which Brown were you guys watching?
    He sucked. I don't think he will be picked up.

Edinger is good enough to get a job if someone falters or gets injured. He will likely be in a training camp, get cut, then get hired elsewhere when someone gets injured.

Withrow is likely done. He's a victim of the peter principal. He attained a level one step beyond his abilities.

I love Moe Williams. He did everything he was asked to do and more. He didn't just play for a paycheck. Like a throwback to the days of Bud Grant; Moe was a true professional who exceeded expectations and never complained.
    If Moe wants to play one more year I hope someone gives him a chance.
    But I don't see it happening.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    They where all cut from our team for a reason. No I would not like them back.
    none of them were cut, their contracts expired. there is a difference. you get cut if you a) piss off the coach (see TO) b) underperform based on the expectations of you or c) don't make the team after training camp

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Edinger will deffinetly get signed some where. Hes alot better than some of the projected starting kickers around the league. At the very least he gets signed in the middle of the season when a kicker costs his team a few games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast