Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg978146#msg978146 date=1249229548]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52592.msg978062#msg978062 date=1249209605]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg977768#msg977768 date=1249136969]
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    [/quote]

I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.
    [/quote]
    Well if your whole discussion point is how long the QB holds the ball, then I can see why you don't agree (....A tiny bit of sarcasism there......)

Not as long as the QB.
    Again, someone has been listening to a bit to much ESPN if you ask me.

[/quote]

I don't watch ESPN.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52592.msg978191#msg978191 date=1249235369]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg978146#msg978146 date=1249229548]
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

Can AD pass block.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    [/quote]

I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.
    [/quote]
    Well if your whole discussion point is how long the QB holds the ball, then I can see why you don't agree (....A tiny bit of sarcasism there......)

Not as long as the QB.
    Again, someone has been listening to a bit to much ESPN if you ask me.

[/quote]

I don't watch ESPN.
    [/quote]
    HAHA, you got me fooled.
    You talk just like them.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.
    Can AD catch the ball consistently?

Can our O-line pass block effectively?

Will our special teams improve dramatically?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.
    Can AD catch the ball consistently?

Can our O-line pass block effectively?

Will our special teams improve dramatically?
    Excellent my friend.
    Excellent indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Who will call the plays?
    Can the ST learn to tackle?
    What animal will JA kill next?
    Will the refs continue to screw the vikings with their calls?
    Which one of the Vikings gets to hold the Lombardi Trophy first after the SB win?

Big C is offline Coordinator

If Sage wins the competition, can he play a full season at a consistent level?
    If TJ wins the competition, can he stay healthy for a full season?
    Will this be Sidney Rice's breakout season?
    Who will be the NB? McCauley, Sapp or Asher Allen?
    Will Tyrell Johnson be a playmaker or just a solid safety this year?
    Who will return punts this year? We had the frickin NB returning them lat one point last year.
    Who makes the 5th WR slot? Jaymar Johnson or Reynaud?
    I hope both make the roster as WR and KR/PR.

Questions which I THINK I have answers for:
    How will Sullivan do at center? He'll do fine. Gut feeling. No evidence to back it up.
    How will RT do this year? I think PL is an upgrade. He struggles against speed rushers. Cook struggled against everyone.
    Will Percy make a difference? Yes. He has made a splash in training camp so far, especially on deep routes. I was expecting him to flourish just as a slot guy.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

[/quote]

Sullivan isn't a rookie, it is his first year starting.
    I don't think the Vikes would have left Birk or not brought in a more experienced guy if the coaches didn't have confidence in Sullivan.

As for real rookies, I love Load, but I worry about his ability to grasp zone blocking and implement it at his size, in his first year.
    I'm hoping McK can help him adapt quickly.
    It would be nice to be able to pound the ball both ways.

My only other question is:
    Will AD break Dickerson's record?
    My answer: It all depends on the QB, if they can play well enough to get the 8th man out of the box and make the D pay if they do crowd the line and run blitz then
    AD's 2 yard runs will be 5, 5s to 9, 9s to 14, and if AD gets past 14 it's a good bet he's breaking a long one (>30) or going the distance.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

[/quote]

I don't think the Vikes would have left Birk or not brought in a more experienced guy if the coaches didn't have confidence in Sullivan.

As for real rookies, I love Load, but I worry about his ability to grasp zone blocking and implement it at his size, in his first year.

My answer: It all depends on the QB, if they can play well enough to get the 8th man out of the box and make the D pay if they do crowd the line and run blitz then
    AD's 2 yard runs will be 5, 5s to 9, 9s to 14, and if AD gets past 14 it's a good bet he's breaking a long one (>30) or going the distance.
    [/quote]
    Might as well be a rookie.
    He has just as much experience.......Absolutely none....

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think the Vikes would have left Brad JOhnson/Culpepper or not brought in a more experienced guy if the coaches didn't have confidence in Jackson.

I don't think the Vikes would have left Richardson or not brought in a more experienced guy if the coaches didn't have confidence in Tapeh.

I don't think the Vikes would have left Koren Robinson or not brought in a more experienced guy if the coaches didn't have confidence in Williamson & Crew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12