Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    [size=13pt]Five questions for the Vikings as training camp practice begins in Mankato[/size]

    July 31, 10:42 AM

    How will the Minnesota Vikings do this season? Well, that is one of many questions concerning the team as they enter training camp.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    The biggest one is definitely the QB. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.

  3. #3
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    QB is the only screaming "weakness" it seems on this team. Next to that I am disappointed Harvin is not in camp.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

    Regardless of who the QB is, they have had reps at the next level and have won doing it.
    Sully, on the other hand, hasn't really had a go of it yet now has he.

    How in the heck can you then argue that the QB position is a bigger concern right now un you have been watching to much ESPN.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

    Not as long as the QB.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

    Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

    Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg977768#msg977768 date=1249136969]
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

    Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

    Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    [/quote]

    I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52592.msg978062#msg978062 date=1249209605]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg977768#msg977768 date=1249136969]
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

    QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

    Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

    Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

    Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    [/quote]

    I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.
    [/quote]
    Well if your whole discussion point is how long the QB holds the ball, then I can see why you don't agree (....A tiny bit of sarcasism there......)

    Not as long as the QB.
    Again, someone has been listening to a bit to much ESPN if you ask me.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Training Camp Questions
    By hav0x in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 10:13 AM
  2. 12 Burning NFL Questions Entering Training Camp
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. First Trip to Training Camp...and I have questions
    By AVK in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 01:23 PM
  4. NFL Pre-Training Camp Burning Questions: Part Two
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •