Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

[size=13pt]Five questions for the Vikings as training camp practice begins in Mankato[/size]

July 31, 10:42 AM

How will the Minnesota Vikings do this season? Well, that is one of many questions concerning the team as they enter training camp.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Five questions for the Vikings as training camp begins

The biggest one is definitely the QB. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

QB is the only screaming "weakness" it seems on this team. Next to that I am disappointed Harvin is not in camp.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

Can AD pass block.
    Can AD hold onto the ball.
    How will STJ do this year.
    How will PL hold up under real game time situations.
    How will our DL play when the Wall is suspended.
    Can Sully read a defense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=10pt]The biggest one is definitely the QB[/size]. Our whole season rides on it. The season is one thing but we need a playoff game changer. TJ needs to step it up a notch. His play from last year will not do.
    Been reading a bit to many Tom Powers articles or listening to ESPN to much me thinks.......

QB isn't our biggest issue. My order of concern from least to biggest with the C position being my biggest concern.

Can AD pass block.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.
    None of those have more effect on the game than the QB who touches the ball on every offensive play.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

Regardless of who the QB is, they have had reps at the next level and have won doing it.
    Sully, on the other hand, hasn't really had a go of it yet now has he.

How in the heck can you then argue that the QB position is a bigger concern right now un you have been watching to much ESPN.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.
    And the Center doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play nor does he make a play call as well as last minute adjustment to that call just like the QB?

Not as long as the QB.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg977768#msg977768 date=1249136969]

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

Bigger concern, A rookie Center who does everything (Pre-snap) that the QB does or 2 QB's who have experience in the league doing the same thing?
    [/quote]

I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52592.msg978062#msg978062 date=1249209605]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52592.msg977768#msg977768 date=1249136969]

Can AD pass block.

Not as long as the QB.
    You missed my point.

[/quote]

I don't agree with your point. There is a difference between missing and agreeing.
    [/quote]
    Well if your whole discussion point is how long the QB holds the ball, then I can see why you don't agree (....A tiny bit of sarcasism there......)

Not as long as the QB.
    Again, someone has been listening to a bit to much ESPN if you ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast