Re:Five Final Moves the Vikings Should Make

bsmithberkley wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Btw, that Sapp's hunters piece, I did not see what you guys did.

On the first play, Edwards is up against the RT and gets chipped by the RB, but by that time, Allen already has the sack. Pat beat his guy at the same time as Edwards did. Want to go and make a case for Pat being the better pass rusher?

Second play, he looks like he's on skates. And that's not against a tackle, that's against Vernon Davis. Davis can't keep him on the outside, but just pushes him by Smith easily.

Third play, he looks like he's on skates again. He gets pushed outside the back of the endzone by Allen Barbre, out of all people.

And I figure that that last one will be called a double team, as well, but Wells and Sitton were on Pat Williams, with Sitton switching over to Ray long after he had passed Rodgers by a couple of feet.
    So, what you are saying is that on two of three plays Ray Edwards drew the double team? Amazing hmy:
    If you don't look at the bigger picture, yes.

First play was a 6 man protection. The TE and LT on Allen, with the LT totally missing his assignment. LG and C on Kevin. RG on Pat. RT on Edwards with the HB releasing to the flat and chipping Edwards.

So the choice really was, who are you not going to double team in an obvious passing situation. They went with Pat and Ray. Then who do you chip? The 350 lbs guy who's more of a block-eater in pass rushing situations or the LDE at 250 who's coming after the QB? That HB is not going to make a dent on Pat. Next to that, the HB's going to the flat, there's really no one else to chip.

On the third play, you just have to look at the personnel on the Packers' O-line. Quite a few LDEs should sent their incentive cheques to Barbre. Yet, that same guys manhandled Edwards right there. Then, after Pat's been taken care off, Sitton slides over to Barbre. Mainly because the man couldn't hold a block for more than 1 second.
    Blah blah blah....two out of three times he drew the double.

Just funny :P
    Yeah, let's just go with that.
    Nice try Rock, BS has Edwards on a pedestal, and ain't no one knocking that man off.
    More like I don't try and downplay his contribution. And find it funny how far some will go to do so... :P
    Seems to me either you agree whole heartedly with your assertion of how great Edwards is or you get placed in an Edwards hater camp.

There is a lot of space between those two stands, where most people fit.

You yourself only started leading the Edwards fan camp after you read some stats on the guy and discovered how truly wonderful the guy really is.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

bsmithberkley wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

On the first play, Edwards is up against the RT and gets chipped by the RB, but by that time, Allen already has the sack. Pat beat his guy at the same time as Edwards did. Want to go and make a case for Pat being the better pass rusher?

Second play, he looks like he's on skates. And that's not against a tackle, that's against Vernon Davis. Davis can't keep him on the outside, but just pushes him by Smith easily.

Third play, he looks like he's on skates again. He gets pushed outside the back of the endzone by Allen Barbre, out of all people.

And I figure that that last one will be called a double team, as well, but Wells and Sitton were on Pat Williams, with Sitton switching over to Ray long after he had passed Rodgers by a couple of feet.
    So, what you are saying is that on two of three plays Ray Edwards drew the double team? Amazing hmy:

First play was a 6 man protection. The TE and LT on Allen, with the LT totally missing his assignment. LG and C on Kevin. RG on Pat. RT on Edwards with the HB releasing to the flat and chipping Edwards.

So the choice really was, who are you not going to double team in an obvious passing situation. They went with Pat and Ray. Then who do you chip? The 350 lbs guy who's more of a block-eater in pass rushing situations or the LDE at 250 who's coming after the QB? That HB is not going to make a dent on Pat. Next to that, the HB's going to the flat, there's really no one else to chip.

On the third play, you just have to look at the personnel on the Packers' O-line. Quite a few LDEs should sent their incentive cheques to Barbre. Yet, that same guys manhandled Edwards right there. Then, after Pat's been taken care off, Sitton slides over to Barbre. Mainly because the man couldn't hold a block for more than 1 second.

Nice try Rock, BS has Edwards on a pedestal, and ain't no one knocking that man off.
    More like I don't try and downplay his contribution. And find it funny how far some will go to do so... :P
    Name one person who downplayed his contribution. As we all said he was a solid DE. Can you understand that just because we don't think is All Pro calibur yet that we still think he is a good player? You just think he's far and above anyone else and went as far as saying he was as good as Jared Allen by looking at unofficial stats and stats that don't tell the entire story. You know the same thing you are trying to do with TJ.

Maybe someday you will understand there are variables that statistics just don't point out. You are looking at a couple of plays where RE may have been double teamed vs hundreds of others throughout the season. I can confidently tell you JA was doubled a hell of a lot more than RE. Give it up already

tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

Lol. I don't mind. I bet he has a reason to believe this strongly in Edwards. He isn't trolling or anything. We'll see how this plays out next year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

Lol. I don't mind. I bet he has a reason to believe this strongly in Edwards. He isn't trolling or anything. We'll see how this plays out next year.
    He does have his reasons... adjusted stats and the cowboys game. Not to turn this into a ray edwards topic (we already beat that horse to hell and back), but I think he is very replaceable and I'm looking forward to the competition between him, griffen, and maybe a little robison.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234