Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Five Final Moves the Vikings Should Make

Sapp's Hunters: Jared Allen

Here's the Vid Bleed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

Edwards has the benefit to play on the best defensive line in the NFL with two of the best players at their respective positions in Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

Edwards does not face double-teams nor is he chipped by tight ends and running backs. He goes one-on-one all game long. There's no doubt he's a great player. He's strong, fast, and never stops, even if it means a penalty (albeit questionable ).
    Sounds like a few PPO'rs could have written this one. Same PPO'rs who I disagree with on this point by the way.

I don't think Ray is gonna get paid cause he is in essence a RDE playing LDE and the Vikes staff don't think he is gonna hold up over the life of a "Elite DE" contract.

They need to move him down the road to a team that needs a RDE.
    And a team that doesn't have a lot of gametape on him, so they won't see how he got all his pressures.

What the article doesn't even mention is the times that he came off the edge totally free. I don't know where I found the numbers, but somehting like 25-30% of his pressure came unblocked.
    Did you watch NFLN last night? They were highlighting JA and his sacks. All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).

A couple of them showed Ray getting there a instant later and he was doubled on them.

Intersting tape.
    so let me get this straight

they showd 14.5 sacks from JA, all on single man blocking. and a couple (2) showed Ray coming in late breakign a doubleteam.

playing great a couple plays is not playing great all the time. Not sure what point you'er trying to make.
    Were did I say 14.5 sacks?

All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).
    The ones they showed.........
    ah, so they were selective in the ones they showed then?
    Yes. Warren Sapp has been doing a thing on players and using clips from last year as evidence/support of his opinions.

Basically it was you can't block JA singled up.

Again, back to my post, it was interesting to see who was doubled during those plays.

Quick question, doesn't anyone watch that show in the evenings but me? (Total Access - 7 PM EST)
    definately not tonight. that's the blackhawks gametime.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Edwards has the benefit to play on the best defensive line in the NFL with two of the best players at their respective positions in Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

Edwards does not face double-teams nor is he chipped by tight ends and running backs. He goes one-on-one all game long. There's no doubt he's a great player. He's strong, fast, and never stops, even if it means a penalty (albeit questionable ).
    Sounds like a few PPO'rs could have written this one. Same PPO'rs who I disagree with on this point by the way.

I don't think Ray is gonna get paid cause he is in essence a RDE playing LDE and the Vikes staff don't think he is gonna hold up over the life of a "Elite DE" contract.

And a team that doesn't have a lot of gametape on him, so they won't see how he got all his pressures.

What the article doesn't even mention is the times that he came off the edge totally free. I don't know where I found the numbers, but somehting like 25-30% of his pressure came unblocked.
    Did you watch NFLN last night? They were highlighting JA and his sacks. All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).

A couple of them showed Ray getting there a instant later and he was doubled on them.

Intersting tape.

they showd 14.5 sacks from JA, all on single man blocking. and a couple (2) showed Ray coming in late breakign a doubleteam.

playing great a couple plays is not playing great all the time. Not sure what point you'er trying to make.

All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).
    Yes. Warren Sapp has been doing a thing on players and using clips from last year as evidence/support of his opinions.

Again, back to my post, it was interesting to see who was doubled during those plays.

Quick question, doesn't anyone watch that show in the evenings but me? (Total Access - 7 PM EST)
    Wildwoman has been cheering for the Flyers.... :blush:

The goalie played for our local team. (Tides)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

Sorry, Admirals, Tides is the local ball team.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

maybe the Hawks will learn her not to cheer for anything out of Philly.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

maybe the Hawks will learn her not to cheer for anything out of Philly.
    Many a year of Hawks/Stars games have hardened her heart to your team my friend.

Little known fact, Wildwoman is a rabid hockey fan. Loves it more than Football.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

It was blatant favoritism for Edwards! Shocking! :P

I didn't think teams double teamed Edwards? Must have been the only two all year long. That would explain it.
    None

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

I didn't think teams double teamed Edwards? Must have been the only two all year long. That would explain it.
    Way to twist things but that is not what was said. What was sai is JA sees a lot more double teams than does RE. The 5 or so clips they show is only a handful of Viking defensive plays.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

That is not what was said. It was said that JA was double and tripled teamed a hell of a lot more than RE. Nice try in twisting things but a clip that shows 5 or so plays does not compensate for a season full of plays.

Btw, that Sapp's hunters piece, I did not see what you guys did.

On the first play, Edwards is up against the RT and gets chipped by the RB, but by that time, Allen already has the sack. Pat beat his guy at the same time as Edwards did. Want to go and make a case for Pat being the better pass rusher?

Second play, he looks like he's on skates. And that's not against a tackle, that's against Vernon Davis. Davis can't keep him on the outside, but just pushes him by Smith easily.

Third play, he looks like he's on skates again. He gets pushed outside the back of the endzone by Allen Barbre, out of all people.

And I figure that that last one will be called a double team, as well, but Wells and Sitton were on Pat Williams, with Sitton switching over to Ray long after he had passed Rodgers by a couple of feet.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast