Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Five Final Moves the Vikings Should Make

Five Final Moves the Vikings Should Make Before the Start of the Season

The Vikings still have several holes and/or depth questions that need to be answered for this team to move forward.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399798-five-final-moves-the-vikings-should-make-before-the-start-of-the-season

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Five Final Moves the Vikings Should Make

Thanks for the read my friend.

Edwards has the benefit to play on the best defensive line in the NFL with two of the best players at their respective positions in Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

Edwards does not face double-teams nor is he chipped by tight ends and running backs. He goes one-on-one all game long. There's no doubt he's a great player. He's strong, fast, and never stops, even if it means a penalty (albeit questionable ).
    Sounds like a few PPO'rs could have written this one. Same PPO'rs who I disagree with on this point by the way.

I don't think Ray is gonna get paid cause he is in essence a RDE playing LDE and the Vikes staff don't think he is gonna hold up over the life of a "Elite DE" contract.

They need to move him down the road to a team that needs a RDE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:

Edwards has the benefit to play on the best defensive line in the NFL with two of the best players at their respective positions in Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

Edwards does not face double-teams nor is he chipped by tight ends and running backs. He goes one-on-one all game long. There's no doubt he's a great player. He's strong, fast, and never stops, even if it means a penalty (albeit questionable ).
    Sounds like a few PPO'rs could have written this one. Same PPO'rs who I disagree with on this point by the way.

I don't think Ray is gonna get paid cause he is in essence a RDE playing LDE and the Vikes staff don't think he is gonna hold up over the life of a "Elite DE" contract.

And a team that doesn't have a lot of gametape on him, so they won't see how he got all his pressures.

What the article doesn't even mention is the times that he came off the edge totally free. I don't know where I found the numbers, but somehting like 25-30% of his pressure came unblocked.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

And a team that doesn't have a lot of gametape on him, so they won't see how he got all his pressures.

What the article doesn't even mention is the times that he came off the edge totally free. I don't know where I found the numbers, but somehting like 25-30% of his pressure came unblocked.
    I've seen that too.

JA gets doubled regularly, KW gets doubled regularly, Pat soemtimes does, We're running out of OL to block RE. If a blitzing LB comes, RE seems to be the last person they feel they need to block.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I've seen that too.

JA gets doubled regularly, KW gets doubled regularly, Pat soemtimes does, We're running out of OL to block RE. If a blitzing LB comes, RE seems to be the last person they feel they need to block.
    FOr a minute I thought this guy copy and pasted one of my posts from the RE thread.

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Did you watch NFLN last night? They were highlighting JA and his sacks. All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).

A couple of them showed Ray getting there a instant later and he was doubled on them.

Intersting tape.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Did you watch NFLN last night? They were highlighting JA and his sacks. All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).

A couple of them showed Ray getting there a instant later and he was doubled on them.

Intersting tape.
    so let me get this straight

they showd 14.5 sacks from JA, all on single man blocking. and a couple (2) showed Ray coming in late breakign a doubleteam.

playing great a couple plays is not playing great all the time. Not sure what point you'er trying to make.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

they showd 14.5 sacks from JA, all on single man blocking. and a couple (2) showed Ray coming in late breakign a doubleteam.

playing great a couple plays is not playing great all the time. Not sure what point you'er trying to make.
    Were did I say 14.5 sacks?

All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).
    The ones they showed.........

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

All of the ones they showed were JA getting them against a single blocker (one was even just a TE).
    ah, so they were selective in the ones they showed then?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Intersting tape.

ah, so they were selective in the ones they showed then?
    Yes. Warren Sapp has been doing a thing on players and using clips from last year as evidence/support of his opinions.

Basically it was you can't block JA singled up.

Again, back to my post, it was interesting to see who was doubled during those plays.

Quick question, doesn't anyone watch that show in the evenings but me? (Total Access - 7 PM EST)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast