Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A few Vikings nuggets - Vikings release LB Brannon Carter, sign G Mike Jones

[size=13pt]Reaching out[/size]

June 11th, 2008 – 5:34 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Roster move: And it’s a minor one. Scout.com reports the Vikings have released linebacker Brannon Carter and signed guard Mike Jones...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: A few Vikings nuggets - Vikings release LB Brannon Carter, sign G Mike Jones

Can't get this one to come up for some reason.
    Probably related to the Stribs insistance of all thier banners/popups/ads which causes a timeout.

;D

I wonder, does the article say why they are bringing in another G?
    Seems we are set/solid with starters and prospects.
    I would think we would see more T and C prospects coming if if the staff wasn't comfortable with what they have.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: A few Vikings nuggets - Vikings release LB Brannon Carter, sign G Mike Jones

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Probably related to the Stribs insistance of all thier banners/popups/ads which causes a timeout.

;D

I would think we would see more T and C prospects coming if if the staff wasn't comfortable with what they have.
    :

Doesn't say why they brought him in. My guess is what I have been saying since the draft. They can get OL depth during this period as players are released to make room for the new additions.

Here is a link to him:

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=8&c=1&nid=2695083

Pos:

Strong, durable lineman who could be used at a variety of positions. Explosive at the point, stays square and drives defenders off the line, opening holes for the running game. Anchors in pass protection, controls defenders and is always looking for someone to hit. Quickly picks up stunts or twists and plays within himself.

Neg:

Lacks footwork, lateral range and is not effective far off the line of scrimmage. Struggles adjusting to pick up the blitz.

Sounds like they will try him out to see if he can beat out one of the guys for a roster spot. I am very happy to see them adding depth and competition to the line instead of just settling for what they have.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:

Doesn't say why they brought him in. My guess is what I have been saying since the draft. They can get OL depth during this period as players are released to make room for the new additions.

Here is a link to him:

Pos:

Strong, durable lineman who could be used at a variety of positions. Explosive at the point, stays square and drives defenders off the line, opening holes for the running game. Anchors in pass protection, controls defenders and is always looking for someone to hit. Quickly picks up stunts or twists and plays within himself.

Neg:

Lacks footwork, lateral range and is not effective far off the line of scrimmage. Struggles adjusting to pick up the blitz.

Sounds like they will try him out to see if he can beat out one of the guys for a roster spot. I am very happy to see them adding depth and competition to the line instead of just settling for what they have.
    Thanks Uffda.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Json is offline GM

Who....Mike Jones!, Who....Mike Jones!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    Back then didn't want me!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I am very happy to see them adding depth and competition to the line instead of just settling for what they have.
    Exactly!!
    Couldn't agree more!
    There was a Chilldress comment in one of those somewhat recent articles that I just loved.
    He is asked about what the difference is in camp this year, why the extra pep in everyone's step, and how much that has to do with our offseason acquistions.
    He answers with how the guys on the team look around them and see other guys that are getting better, just like themselves, and just the commitment, to always be getting better that the team shares from top to bottom.

Once again, Thank You WILFs!!!
    Looks like this team should be a competitor for years!
    ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

Even when I take off the purple shades, I'm stoked with what I see in purple!!!

(*!Injury Disclaimer!
    Barring major injuries and/or acts of wanton self destruction, as always, of course!*)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    http://blogs.chron.com/handstamp/archives/MJAD_dvd_cov.JPG
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

:

Here is a link to him:

Pos:

Neg:

Or he's simply training camp fodder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast