Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

With few available receivers, Vikings turn attention to Wade

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1034607.html

Hmmm now that is a interesting name. He has done nothing in his career as well, what is with all of the no name interest

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: With few available receivers, Vikings turn attention to Wade

this is almost more depressing then no news

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

nareg is offline Rookie

typical i mean ive seen him play his watever but watever isnt good enough for some reason the front office lvoes to bring watever players hoping they will have a story book season, i mean hes an average reciever but he cant be the only reciver signing i dont understand y we dont appoarch a vertern like horn or something

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

We can't get by with a bunch of #2 and #3 WR's and TE's. Somewhere there must be some grand scheme of things that we have not seen yet.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Looks like...
    Youth...
    Hunger to prove yourself...
    Limited wear and tear and...
    'No name' status (for the sake of discipline I guess since those are the type of players that would listen and buy into a system easily) are the driving force for the front office. Of course its pretty obvious they want to build a young team that they can coach into a solid unit while taking into consideration some front line NFL experience that can be blended with a great number of draft choices to mold the new Vikings team.
    If it fails then it will be a disaster for Childress and his crew. If it works we will witness the growth of a team that will dominate the League for years to come.
    Its understandable for fans to want results now but I truly believe Childress has Wilf on his side. He cant be this comfortable if they are not on the same page. Dont be surprised to see Childress stick around even if we have a worse season.
    If we take a min to think, we will see where he is going with this team.
    Most of the guys that signed the huge contracts still have a lot of useful years in them. In three 4 years time (if they continue to perform) the Vikes front office will look like geniuses. Ever wonder why the older guys that get signed end up with 1 or 2 year deals?
    Lets look at the bigger picture. It might not be pretty now but we must give Childress and his staff a lot of credit for having the desire to build something rather than patch
    holes for the short term and continue to spend money every year. The way they are going about business, IF the players pan out, it will come to a point that we would have lil needs in FA and we would be comfy building from the draft like New England did the past few years till their players started getting into the 30's

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

;D ;D ;D What a joke.. This crap is getting brutal..

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Well lets wait and see, its about depth too.
    Again this guy has played his career in run oriented teams.
    I think he would be a nice addition, but not a number 1, but lets be honest, who really is worth number 1 money.

Now before you Donte Stallworth lovers come up, let me point out the reason he is getting little attention is his drug issues, which lets face it are not what we need.

The Vikes gave it a good try to bring in Curtis and it looks like he is gone, but at least they tried and knowing zygi Gave it his best shot which usually gets it done.

Guy seriously i think its time to look to the draft and
    possible trade.
    this would be better then signing some crappy players who think they deserve number 1 money due to the poor pool

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It is better to pick up Wade than to be caught without options.

Depth!

Oh well!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"mblack76" wrote:
    Looks like...
    Youth...
    Hunger to prove yourself...
    Limited wear and tear and...
    'No name' status (for the sake of discipline I guess since those are the type of players that would listen and buy into a system easily) are the driving force for the front office. Of course its pretty obvious they want to build a young team that they can coach into a solid unit while taking into consideration some front line NFL experience that can be blended with a great number of draft choices to mold the new Vikings team.
    If it fails then it will be a disaster for Childress and his crew. If it works we will witness the growth of a team that will dominate the League for years to come.
    Its understandable for fans to want results now but I truly believe Childress has Wilf on his side. He cant be this comfortable if they are not on the same page. Dont be surprised to see Childress stick around even if we have a worse season.
    If we take a min to think, we will see where he is going with this team.
    Most of the guys that signed the huge contracts still have a lot of useful years in them. In three 4 years time (if they continue to perform) the Vikes front office will look like geniuses. Ever wonder why the older guys that get signed end up with 1 or 2 year deals?
    Lets look at the bigger picture. It might not be pretty now but we must give Childress and his staff a lot of credit for having the desire to build something rather than patch
    holes for the short term and continue to spend money every year. The way they are going about business, IF the players pan out, it will come to a point that we would have lil needs in FA and we would be comfy building from the draft like New England did the past few years till their players started getting into the 30's

I guess signing young unproven players means your building.
    Building what, exactly, is another question.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

With each passing day and only talk of #2 and #3 grade recievers, plus WR's who would more than likely be for depth reasons only, I'm starting to feel more and more confident that we are looking at moving up for CJ.

Again I will say this, Cleveland is in a tough pinch for players, they still are in great need of O and D linemen and LB's.
    Also a known fact, and stated by himself is the fact that BQ wants to play in Cleveland.

Does it not seem funny that Cleveland and Minny where the two main players at Q's pro day to you?
    It does to me.
    I smell something brewing, and I'm really starting to think that the Vikings and Browns are trying to work out a deal already.

Our biggest need is a WR, and not only that, this team needs a BIG NAME PLAYER to give fans something to talk about and believe in, in a big way.....

We don't need Q, and I believe Q would be more welcomed at Cleveland, plus the Browns could get those extra picks they so badly need..

I think we are going to see the Vikings move up to #3 pick via Browns trade and giving them our #7 and 3rd round pick, plus maybe a 3rd round pick for next year...

This is not to much for a player with skills of CJ.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast