Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    i always felt ferguson was coming back.
    he was solid when he played, he wanted to come back, and we need depth at the postion.
    we got 2 young guys with allison and rice, berrian is still young, so to have him as a veteran backup doesn't hurt in the slightest.
    the only way i see him not making the team is if some drafted rookie just blows the coaches outta the water during camp.
    otherwise, barring injury, i think they feel they are solid at wr.
    Alright, I deleted you from the spread sheet so I forgot what column I had you in, but this gets you moved up one.

Excellent post.
    ??? If a person is deleted from your spreadsheet & no longer on it, where exactly does "moving up one" put them?
    :-\
    I cannot divulge the process by which I benchmark a poster and his spot on the spreadsheet.
    If I did, everybody would do be running one.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    he was solid when he played, he wanted to come back, and we need depth at the postion.
    we got 2 young guys with allison and rice, berrian is still young, so to have him as a veteran backup doesn't hurt in the slightest.
    the only way i see him not making the team is if some drafted rookie just blows the coaches outta the water during camp.
    Alright, I deleted you from the spread sheet so I forgot what column I had you in, but this gets you moved up one.

Excellent post.
    ??? If a person is deleted from your spreadsheet & no longer on it, where exactly does "moving up one" put them?
    I cannot divulge the process by which I benchmark a poster and his spot on the spreadsheet.
    ;D
    Being in the military & now the DOD, I'd have figured you'd treat it more like a PP.O Combat Zone.

The members are the troops begin with the rank of private, with promotions of ranking up to 5 star generals being given as to how well they perform in the field.

Undoubtedly, some will get killed in combat, some become POW's, some MIA's & others will get wounded. Depending on how they recover or the extent of their injuries, they are either sent home or get sent back to the line. Some never get beyond the rank of company clerk, some dishonorably discharged, some bucking for a discharge, while others become section 8 casualties.

New troops will be made available for you to evaluate during boot camp & instead of all the "excellent post" comments, you can award medals.

Purple hearts, medals of valor, medals of bravery, etc could be doled out at your discretion.

I picture you with a table full of little army men, where each one has a members name scribbled or etched into them.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

Excellent post.

;D
    Being in the military & now the DOD, I'd have figured you'd treat it more like a PP.O Combat Zone.

The members are the troops begin with the rank of private, with promotions of ranking up to 5 star generals being given as to how well they perform in the field.

Undoubtedly, some will get killed in combat, some become POW's, some MIA's & others will get wounded. Depending on how they recover or the extent of their injuries, they are either sent home or get sent back to the line. Some never get beyond the rank of company clerk, some dishonorably discharged, some bucking for a discharge, while others become section 8 casualties.

New troops will be made available for you to evaluate during boot camp & instead of all the "excellent post" comments, you can award medals.

Purple hearts, medals of valor, medals of bravery, etc could be doled out at your discretion.

I picture you with a table full of little army men, where each one has a members name scribbled or etched into them.
    LOL.
    Your cracking me up this morning, thats for sure.

Quit worrying about the spread sheet and go find some new news.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]More on Ferguson[/size]

March 15th, 2008 – 6:00 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

It appears all sides are pleased that receiver Robert Ferguson will be returning to the Vikings. Just talked to Ferguson’s agent, Brian Overstreet, as the veteran signed his contract nearby. Both Ferguson and Overstreet live in Houston....

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings keep WR Robert Ferguson[/size]

From staff, news services
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 03/16/2008 12:28:28 AM CDT

The Vikings kept one of their unrestricted free agents Saturday as wide receiver Robert Ferguson agreed to terms on a one-year contract....

[size=13pt]Vikings sign Ferguson to one-year deal[/size]

By JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: March 15, 2008 - 10:49 PM

Receiver Robert Ferguson became the first of the Vikings' nine unrestricted free agents to return to the team Saturday when he signed a one-year contract that will pay close to $1 million and provide an opportunity to make an additional $500,000 to $600,000 in incentives....

Very interesting read my friend.
    Thanks.

Ferguson simply felt more comfortable returning to Minnesota even if it meant taking a one-year deal.
    Asked about Ferguson’s decision, Overstreet said: “He liked the city and is fond of the coaching staff. Especially his position coach [George Stewart]. That’s the guy you work with on a day-to-day basis. He knows how to deal with veterans and that played a part. Then there is Robert’s relationship with the offensive coordinator [Darrell Bevell] and a great familiarity there [from their time together in Green Bay]. Robert thinks the world of him and Coach Childress.”
    I'm so tired of hearing our Vets bad mouth the damn coaching staff and it just gripes my ass that guys like this actually take less money to play here.

Wow am I steamed.
    ;D

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I like this move and I'm glad he'll be around. He knows the division, and will continue to be a veteran presence on the depth chart.
    -Sno

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I like this move and I'm glad he'll be around. He knows the division, and will continue to be a veteran presence on the depth chart.
    I agree.
    And it will put to bed all those silly mocks that still have us drafting a WR on the first day.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I agree.
    And it will put to bed all those silly mocks that still have us drafting a WR on the first day.
    I still think they might target a kid somewere on the 2nd day.
    Probably 6th round or so.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567