Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Dumb move.
    No other team wanted him and i don't want a blocking receiver, I want a talented receiver can block.

    Again with the bargin basement shopping. Why didn't they bring in pinkston or McCullen, while they were at it.
    I think he is the perfect fit for a number 4.
    In fact, I would almost say he is the prototype #4.
    You don't want a WR who has the chance of starting elsewhere in the spot, because quite simply you will lose him after a year then.
    Fergie already knows the system, and he was probably relatively cheap.

    Very good ROI in this case.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    For a 4th or 5th WR, I think he earned that with last year's performance.
    A 1yr deal sounds about right.

    If the Vikings would happen to draft a WR in the first few rounds, does that mean that Allison is odd man out or do you carry 6 WR's on the roster which I would highly doubt.

    It means we are not drafting a WR.

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    It would mean that Allison is the odd man out.
    I can't think of who else to cut.
    They won't cut Wade, because they've invested alot in him and he's proven to be at least adaquate.
    The won't cut Rice, as he's shown he oculd be a playmaker for years to come.
    They won't cut Berrian for obvious reasons and now they won't cut fergy because they just resigned him.
    This leaves Allison looking for work.
    They may try to slip him to practice squad, but he'll most likely get scooped up by another team.
    Adaquate?! He was our best WR last year! We will not draft a WR.

  4. #14
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Dumb move.
    No other team wanted him and i don't want a blocking receiver, I want a talented receiver can block.

    Again with the bargin basement shopping. Why didn't they bring in pinkston or McCullen, while they were at it.
    I think he is the perfect fit for a number 4.
    In fact, I would almost say he is the prototype #4.
    You don't want a WR who has the chance of starting elsewhere in the spot, because quite simply you will lose him after a year then.
    Fergie already knows the system, and he was probably relatively cheap.

    Very good ROI in this case.
    I think Wade will best fit as a #4

  5. #15
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    For a 4th or 5th WR, I think he earned that with last year's performance.
    A 1yr deal sounds about right.

    If the Vikings would happen to draft a WR in the first few rounds, does that mean that Allison is odd man out or do you carry 6 WR's on the roster which I would highly doubt.

    It means we are not drafting a WR.
    If the value is there, we will draft a WR.
    Just because we are resigning Fergy now doesn't mean we wouldn't cut him after TC if a rookie beats him out.
    It wouldn't be the first time a player was resigned and cut in the same year.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  6. #16
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    It would mean that Allison is the odd man out.
    I can't think of who else to cut.
    They won't cut Wade, because they've invested alot in him and he's proven to be at least adaquate.
    The won't cut Rice, as he's shown he oculd be a playmaker for years to come.
    They won't cut Berrian for obvious reasons and now they won't cut fergy because they just resigned him.
    This leaves Allison looking for work.
    They may try to slip him to practice squad, but he'll most likely get scooped up by another team.
    A 1 year contract is hardly an iron-clad guarantee you'll make it out of training camp...
    Exactly....he may or may not make the roster if he does sign.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  7. #17
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Dumb move.
    No other team wanted him and i don't want a blocking receiver, I want a talented receiver can block.

    Again with the bargin basement shopping. Why didn't they bring in pinkston or McCullen, while they were at it.
    I think he is the perfect fit for a number 4.
    In fact, I would almost say he is the prototype #4.
    You don't want a WR who has the chance of starting elsewhere in the spot, because quite simply you will lose him after a year then.
    Fergie already knows the system, and he was probably relatively cheap.

    Very good ROI in this case.
    I think Wade will best fit as a #4
    You crack me up please tell me, with our roster and our draft picks, what is your ideal situation?
    Let me guess; something like, drop everyone but BB and Rice, Trade for Moss, and draft WRs in rounds 1 and 3... is that close?
    :

  8. #18
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    no, you gotta trade for moss AND TO, keep Rice and Berrian, and trade all our picks and current recievers for a top 5 pick.
    :P

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Dumb move.
    No other team wanted him and i don't want a blocking receiver, I want a talented receiver can block.

    Again with the bargin basement shopping. Why didn't they bring in pinkston or McCullen, while they were at it.
    I think he is the perfect fit for a number 4.
    In fact, I would almost say he is the prototype #4.
    You don't want a WR who has the chance of starting elsewhere in the spot, because quite simply you will lose him after a year then.
    Fergie already knows the system, and he was probably relatively cheap.

    Very good ROI in this case.
    I think Wade will best fit as a #4
    What?
    Wade is absolutely perfect in the slot role.
    Holy crap!

    BB and Rice on the outside, Wade in the slot, Fergie or sometimes Allision coming in for 4 WR sets and occasionally trips.

    Wade as the #4?
    No way.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Ferguson to sign 1 year deal

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    no, you gotta trade for moss AND TO, keep Rice and Berrian, and trade all our picks and current recievers for a top 5 pick.
    :P
    Damn... i thought i was close ;D

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Falcons sign Ray Edwards to 5 year deal
    By MulletMullitia in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. Eagles sign WR Hank Baskett to 1-year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Bengals sign Ben Utecht to 3 year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 06:42 AM
  4. Chiefs sign Huard to three-year deal
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:33 AM
  5. Packers sign Marquand SS Manuel to 5 year deal
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 10:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •