Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favre's LT Recruitment Limited

Source: Favre's LT recruitment limited

By Ed Werder

Favre told Tomlinson that he had "no clue" whether he would return to the Vikings for what would be his 20th season in the league. Having spent the 2008 season with the New York Jets, Favre simply told Tomlinson that both franchises were led by good people who could help make the running back successful, according to the source.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Favre's LT Recruitment Limited

LOL, I'm suprised Ed even still has a job let alone is allowed to still follow the Noodle.

Thanks for the read though.

On a side note, I sure the hell wish the Noodle would stay the hell out of player recruitment......Isn't that Ole Ricky boys job?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    LOL, I'm suprised Ed even still has a job let alone is allowed to still follow the Noodle.

On a side note, I sure the hell wish the Noodle would stay the hell out of player recruitment......Isn't that Ole Ricky boys job?
    I agree. Favre should stay out of recruitment atleast until he decides to come back.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I agree. Favre should stay out of recruitment atleast until he decides to come back.
    I trust nothing that Ed Warner says about Favre. Not exactly a good track history.

Anyway, it isn't like Favre was reaching out to LT. He was asked by Vikings staff to help with recruitment. Childress and Favre were also talking about Albert Young when Childress when down there. You don't ask someone to help with recruitment or talk to them about personnel unless you have a pretty good idea that he is going to be playing in 2010. Let's be honest with ourselves here - Favre is coming back and everyone knows it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Out of curiosity, would you say the same thing about AD or Rice helping out with recruitment? Is it ALWAYS "Ole Ricky boys job", or only when you don't like the player doing the recruitment?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

[NodakPaul wrote:
    Let's be honest with ourselves here - Favre is coming back and everyone knows it.
    LOL, nice post.

As to your last comment, and you know that some of us are gonna have fun with it until he announces it though so please don't go postal on those cats (Especially the one who sucks at being funny) as they are only having some fun.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/tomlinson-says-decision-came-down-to-jets-offense/

Tomlinson says decision came down to Jets' offense
    Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson says his decision to play in New York, rather than Minnesota, came down to his familiarity with the Jets' offensive coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer.

"I had two places that wanted me and I think the major decision it came down to was playing in a new offense or playing in an offense I already know with Brian Schottenheimer," Tomlinson said on a conference call today.

Zeus wrote:

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Out of curiosity, would you say the same thing about AD or Rice helping out with recruitment? Is it ALWAYS "Ole Ricky boys job", or only when you don't like the player doing the recruitment?
    I think I have been pretty consistent in this area.....

Suffice it to say, I believe players play, coaches coach and front office pukes bring the talent in.

Do other entities get involved? Sure. I don't think it is out of the question for the brass to setup a dinner/social function with the coaches and players in an effort to spin things in a good light.

But, only in that context. I don't want players out canvasing the FA market in an effort to bring cats in even if it is AD or El Syd.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Comeon my friend. Everyone knows he is coming back. He did sign a two year contract for a reason. My guess, everyone knew it would take 2 years......

C - Needed to iron that out.
    WR - Rookie mixed with a injury prone X and Z.
    RB - AD issues with respect to passing game. Course the fumbles kindof creeped up on them this year.
    LT/RT - PL should be good this year. Not sure about Big Mac.

In short, I believe everyone, including the Noodle went in believing that some tweeks still needed to happen and it would take at least 2 years to make those tweeks.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I think I have been pretty consistent in this area.....

Suffice it to say, I believe players play, coaches coach and front office pukes bring the talent in.

Do other entities get involved? Sure. I don't think it is out of the question for the brass to setup a dinner/social function with the coaches and players in an effort to spin things in a good light.

But, only in that context. I don't want players out canvasing the FA market in an effort to bring cats in even if it is AD or El Syd.
    Are you REALLY implying that is what Favre did here?
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast