Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Favorite sleepers for upcoming draft

Real football is over and the next thing for us to look forward to is the Draft and FA.
    Wondering if anyone has been looking at some prospects.

By the time the draft rolls around, almost everyone has a guy that they are really hoping their team scoops up in a later round.

I want to know about some of the guys you are hoping we draft in Rounds 3-7 (or get as UDFA).

PLEASE DO NOT POST INFO ON FIRST OR SECOND ROUND GUYS HERE!

This thread is meant to give exposure to some of the lesser known/unheralded players coming out this year.

One of my personal favorites is a DE/DT from San Diego State.
    He has crazy athleticism and put up monster numbers (over 20 TFL and 9.5 sacks).
    Don't take my word for it...watch the videos.

I give you Jarron Gilbert jumping out of a pool:

[youtube=425,350]rXDSPbZ_OUw&NR=1[/youtube]

Squating 635 lbs/deadlifting 655:

[youtube=425,350]AAqc85MT_-0[/youtube]

Oh, and he can play football too:

[youtube=425,350]gK_SxTr4jZs[/youtube]

Rock out with your cock out!!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Favorite sleepers for upcoming draft

Here are my lower "ranked" round guys that i like

QB Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, 4th round projection
    RB Kory Sheets, Purdue, 7th round projection
    WR Louis Murphy, Florida, 3rd round projection
    WR Mohamed Massaqoui, Georgia, 4th round projection
    OC Antoine Candwell, Alabama, 3-4th round projection
    DE Willie VanDenSteeg, Minnesota UDFA projection
    DT Ricky Jean-Francois, LSU, 3rd round projection
    LB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina, 6th round projection
    LB Marcus Freeman, Ohio State, 3rd round projection
    CB Morgan Trent, Michigan, 4th round projection

Thats all folks.. i like a lot of other players, but they are in the 1-2 round projection area.. so i couldnt name them...

I dont think we need linebackers, but was just stating that i like them, same with the rest, however they fit our needs better..

I havent really been scouting the draft this year, its been a busy year because of my work, i keep getting these damn promotions haha

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Real football is over and the next thing for us to look forward to is the Draft and FA.
    Wondering if anyone has been looking at some prospects.

By the time the draft rolls around, almost everyone has a guy that they are really hoping their team scoops up in a later round.

I want to know about some of the guys you are hoping we draft in Rounds 3-7 (or get as UDFA).

PLEASE DO NOT POST INFO ON FIRST OR SECOND ROUND GUYS HERE!

This thread is meant to give exposure to some of the lesser known/unheralded players coming out this year.

One of my personal favorites is a DE/DT from San Diego State.
    He has crazy athleticism and put up monster numbers (over 20 TFL and 9.5 sacks).
    Don't take my word for it...watch the videos.

I give you Jarron Gilbert jumping out of a pool:

[youtube=425,350]rXDSPbZ_OUw&NR=1[/youtube]

Squating 635 lbs/deadlifting 655:

[youtube=425,350]AAqc85MT_-0[/youtube]

Oh, and he can play football too:

[youtube=425,350]gK_SxTr4jZs[/youtube]

damn!!! i like it!!! he seems like a beast!!
    i didn't know that pool thing was possible... that's as impressive as the fantasy football youtube clip with all that crazy stuff hapening like chris cooley punching through walls and catching a football!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I'm interested to see how Ramses Barden from Cal Poly pans out
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Sam after watching Ramses Barden at the NCAA skills challenge, I love his size.
    He's a 6-6 WR and if he doesn't pan out as a WR, he could be an excellent complementary TE to Shiancoe.
    As for this DE/DT your showing, he def. has some legit athleticism.
    Also, as far as QBs go, Id be interested in picking up Nate Davis although he might go alot earlier.

Other guys I like late in the draft or potential sleepers...

Greg Carr WR FSU
    Derek Kinder WR PITT
    Kenny Mainor DE Troy
    Pat Kuntz DT Nortre Dame (that might just be for his name though lol) also him and his mullet would get along great with Jared Allen
    Scott McKillop LB PITT (probably need to grab him earlier if we want him) hes a beast tho trust me
    Domonique Johnson CB Jackson St.
    Otis Wiley S Michigan St.
    Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
    Brandon Ore RB West Liberty St.
    Pierre Banks LB/S Appalachian St.
    Jarrett Dillard WR Rice
    Chris Pizzotti QB Harvard
    Drew Willy QB Buffalo
    Diyral Briggs DE Bowling Green

*These are for all teams, not necessarily our needs
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Personally, I don't want to draft anyone who would sleep through their own draft selection... This is a big day, WAKE UP!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    Personally, I don't want to draft anyone who would sleep through their own draft selection... This is a big day, WAKE UP!
    haha very funny!!... but on a real note, i'm not sure who's a sleeper yet... i'm trying to catch up... but regardless, i think this is the time you really start to look at game tape and evaluate players... i think the combine and workouts is overrated.... if you can play football, then you can play.... bottom line, ppl like hines ward aren't super fast, but he can get open... and ppl like BB are super fast, but can't necessarily get open, and ppl like troy williamson are super fast but doesnt' necessarily you can catch a pass to save your life no matter how many Nike camps you go to or how many footballs you can catch out of a jugg machine!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I love the combine, the thing with the "overated" concept is that not all teams take the workouts literally. Mike Tice and Crew obviously did when they drafted Troy Williamson, I heard the talk of him during the offseason but completly ignored it because I felt he was a track star, when we drated him I was pissed but stood by the selection.

I think the most important thing with the combine is just to see the intangibles, see the physical fitness and most importantly get an opportunity to interview the player and get an idea of character. A guy like EJ Henderson ran a 4.8 or something but when you watch him on tape his field speed is great, if one gets to wrapped up in combine statistics one can be fooled. I think the combine is great but not a true indication just part of the overall evaluation.

When you look at a guy like Tyrell Johnson, he completly dominated the combine, not mention on his pro day his verticle went from 32 (Combine) to 39 inches because they jacked up the sticks in Indianapolis. He had a top 40 time, dominated the bench press, ran as well and had as smooth of hips as any CB that worked out. When you take all this into consideration with massive production in college you got a guy who sky rocketed up boards and eventually ended up at 17 overall on ours.

I don't agree when people say the combine is overated, but thats probably the truth to many enamored with numbers. I wouldn't allow the combine to make my decision therefor it wouldn't be overated IMO, better yet a portion of the overall evaluation.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I love the combine, the thing with the "overated" concept is that not all teams take the workouts literally. Mike Tice and Crew obviously did when they drafted Troy Williamson, I heard the talk of him during the offseason but completly ignored it because I felt he was a track star, when we drated him I was pissed but stood by the selection.

I think the most important thing with the combine is just to see the intangibles, see the physical fitness and most importantly get an opportunity to interview the player and get an idea of character. A guy like EJ Henderson ran a 4.8 or something but when you watch him on tape his field speed is great, if one gets to wrapped up in combine statistics one can be fooled. I think the combine is great but not a true indication just part of the overall evaluation.

When you look at a guy like Tyrell Johnson, he completly dominated the combine, not mention on his pro day his verticle went from 32 (Combine) to 39 inches because they jacked up the sticks in Indianapolis. He had a top 40 time, dominated the bench press, ran as well and had as smooth of hips as any CB that worked out. When you take all this into consideration with massive production in college you got a guy who sky rocketed up boards and eventually ended up at 17 overall on ours.

I don't agree when people say the combine is overated, but thats probably the truth to many enamored with numbers. I wouldn't allow the combine to make my decision therefor it wouldn't be overated IMO, better yet a portion of the overall evaluation.
    yeah, but guys like a vernon gholston and Derek Harvey who sky rocket up draft boards bc of his workout is what i'm talking about.. there's always one or two or three that sky rocket up the boards, and then there are guys like steve slaton, and Ali HIghsmith who either slip or go from being a 2nd or 3rd rounder to not even being drafted bc of a poor 40 time or somehting like that...

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

D Butler UCONN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9sXNCt4roE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU4TF0ilIk
    Not bad from a small school but may be moving up into second round. he was supposed to only break into third maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast