Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Farwell To Test Market

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Look I'll be the first to admit we missed this guy last year, not only on ST's but when EJ went down but seriously, we have bigger issues on ST's than just one tackler my friends.

Lets hope the new (old) guy can fix things.
    :

+1. As good as Farwell is (and we really did miss him), there's no way to blame his absence for all of the ST screw-ups last year.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Man, that would suck to lose Farwell.

Here is how I think it will play out: Some other team will promise to put him in "competition" with someone for a starting job...and then the regular season will come around and he'll end up back on special teams as a 2nd string linebacker. Kind of a cynical way to look at it...but I think he'll go for the greener grass.
    That was my first reaction. Say goodbye guys. Hopefully a new QB will score enough points to overcome this weakness on special teams.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Look I'll be the first to admit we missed this guy last year, not only on ST's but when EJ went down but seriously, we have bigger issues on ST's than just one tackler my friends.

:

+1. As good as Farwell is (and we really did miss him), there's no way to blame his absence for all of the ST screw-ups last year.
    you'd be surprised... one guy can make a difference, esp. if he's one of the best special teams players in the league and is the Qb/captain.... that loss is extremely significant.. it's like loosing your starting QB and never really recovering...

you guys are over looking an extremely important piece of our special teams puzzle.. he's more important that you think!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

you'd be surprised... one guy can make a difference, esp. if he's one of the best special teams players in the league and is the Qb/captain.... that loss is extremely significant.. it's like loosing your starting QB and never really recovering...

you guys are over looking an extremely important piece of our special teams puzzle.. he's more important that you think!
    I agree. Those other teams will also be taking into account the significant injury he suffered last year.
    Makes me think we have a chance to get him back. If not I wish him well.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"ejmat" wrote:
    Napo filled in quite nicely last year butlet's face it.
    He is no Heath Farwell.
    Heath is a beast on STs and imo fills in nicely when given the chance at LB.
    He is a valuble piece that I hope doesn't leave.
    I don't blame him for testing the market because he wants to start.
    Selfishly I would like him to stay.
    +1
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Whatever happened to Erin? He would be the logical replacement I believe

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck that pay the man

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I would almost agree with you my friend, however, in his absence we also had alot of our defensive starters playing on special teams and they still sucked.

Again, he was missed, but we had alot more issues that a LB who can tackle.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I would almost agree with you My Sexy Little Pixie, however, in his absence we also had alot of our defensive starters playing on special teams and they still sucked.

Like i said, loosing him was like loosing the Qb.. he runs the show and makes the plays.. he's the kind of guy you game plan for on ST possibly with more than one or two blockers and still makes plays..

you take that into account and you have guys running free... he's an absolute beast on special teams...

i agree with V.. fuck that!!.. pay the man!!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

I would almost agree with you My Sexy Little Pixie, however, in his absence we also had alot of our defensive starters playing on special teams and they still sucked.

Like i said, loosing him was like loosing the Qb.. he runs the show and makes the plays.. he's the kind of guy you game plan for on ST possibly with more than one or two blockers and still makes plays..

you take that into account and you have guys running free... he's an absolute beast on special teams...

i agree with V.. floop that!!.. pay the man!!!
    +1 Pay the man.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast