Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: Fans = stupid?

  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    A) If a running back can come back from the same injury (McGahee) & still play the game, DC needs to be giving the same consideration.

    He's a QB not a running back. If McGahee can still take the abuse a RB sees, why can't Daunte?

    B) In 2004 didn't DC's fumblitis drop considerably from 2003? :wink:

    I believe the coaches can help remedy that situation & correct it.

    C) An inacurrate passer! Bullshit, plain & simple!

    D) Does DC take risks & throw ill advised passes? Yes! Why? do you ask?

    To me it's simple & I've stated it here before. DC is one of the lowest paid QB's in the league. In 2004, his base salary was $535,000.

    Out of all the QB's in the league, he was paid the 45th highest. 45th!

    2004 QB Salaries

    It's no wonder he wanted more guaranteed money after the 2004 season, before the 2005 season even began. Thus the holdout.

    His contract is highly incentive driven. Alot of people think this is the way it should be, but it has it's major flaws.

    If a QB with an incentive contract like his has two choices, in a situation where a receiver is tightly covered, throw the ball away or force the throw & trust your receiver. What is he going to do?

    Let's see. The ball thrown out of bounds = $0, while a chance the receiver can come up with the ball = $$$$.

    You don't have to be an expert to figure out what the QB is going to do. He's going to go with the latter.

    IMO I believe alot of this "mentality" is running though his brain & affecting his game.

    It's certainly something to think about.

    Edgerin James plays the game with the same attitude. He had an article about his incentive laden article that someone posted awhile back.

    It's well worth the read & gives a whole different perspective on the way players play with incentive ladden contracts.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    this guy needs to understand that not only did we so call "lose 50% of our offense" but we also gained some too!!! Nate isn't a bad receiver!!! We also lost Matt Birk and Rosenthaul sucked it up this season!!! I think the reason people are not looking at McNabb as being traded is because he didn't have a MAJOR injury like Pep!! I don't remember McNabb fumbling the ball all the time either!!! So save your comments for people who care!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin


  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    this guy needs to understand that not only did we so call "lose 50% of our offense" but we also gained some too!!! Nate isn't a bad receiver!!! We also lost Matt Birk and Rosenthaul sucked it up this season!!! I think the reason people are not looking at McNabb as being traded is because he didn't have a MAJOR injury like Pep!! I don't remember McNabb fumbling the ball all the time either!!! So save your comments for people who care!!!
    He has every right to his opinion just as you do.

    Just because his post doesn't suit your fancy because he's in disagreement with you, doesn't mean he should keep his opinions to himself.

    Do you save your comments for people who care?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    this guy needs to understand that not only did we so call "lose 50% of our offense" but we also gained some too!!! Nate isn't a bad receiver!!! We also lost Matt Birk and Rosenthaul sucked it up this season!!! I think the reason people are not looking at McNabb as being traded is because he didn't have a MAJOR injury like Pep!! I don't remember McNabb fumbling the ball all the time either!!! So save your comments for people who care!!!
    I don't care for this...next! :razz:

  5. #25
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    Ya know, I still like Pep. Yes, he had an injury, but so did Brad Johnson. Brad was traded and went and won a superbowl! I feel all the troubles this team has had over the years is coaching and dumb a$$ trading of players!

    Don't blame the players for administration errors! Pep can come back from this injury and be as good or better than he was before. Do we really want him to win a Superbowl for another team like BJ?? I don't!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  6. #26
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    this guy needs to understand that not only did we so call "lose 50% of our offense" but we also gained some too!!! Nate isn't a bad receiver!!! We also lost Matt Birk and Rosenthaul sucked it up this season!!! I think the reason people are not looking at McNabb as being traded is because he didn't have a MAJOR injury like Pep!! I don't remember McNabb fumbling the ball all the time either!!! So save your comments for people who care!!!
    I'm going to end all of my sentances with three exclamation points too!!! Not because what I am saying needs to be punctuated, but because I REALLY think it will convince others to disregard their own opinions and listen to me!!! I have to use this tactic, you see, because I am trying to do things like say Burly is as good as Moss!! Or Rosenthaul is every bit the player that Birk is!!!

    :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #27
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Fans = stupid?

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    You can't be serious, when given the protection and not rattled he's the one of the most accurate QB's in the league, he's got an unbalievable arm. Look at his passing accuracy in college and throughout his career. Wack.

    Reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands has been an issue, i think childress and co can fix that problem.

    All we need to do is give culpepper the help he had in 2004 and we will continue to see great seasons. He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.

    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO
    :roll: Yeah, because Minnesota is the only POSSIBLE place he could study the offense. There's no WAY he could do it from Florida. If only there were some way to record past implementation of Childress's offense and project it onto a screen, and send any questions that he had via a massive network of cables and wireless connection. Maybe, just MAYBE, if there were a network of devices designed for long-distance verbal communication invented in 1876, he could communicate with Coach Childress, and receive written documents from his as well. But alas, as far as I know, no such systems exist.

    Oh, wait a minute. Yes they do. They're called "film strips," "the Internet," the "telephone," and the "fax machine." You can't tell me they don't have those in Orlando.
    You know what else they should do? They should use satellites for some of that stuff. Man...they would make a fortune.

    Sarcasm aside...funny post BBQ. :sign5:

  8. #28
    Guruzen's Avatar
    Guruzen is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    Oh c'mon you can't seriously believe he's doing any studying right now... he's probably living it up on the beaches with exotic dancers and call girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Fans = stupid?

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    You can't be serious, when given the protection and not rattled he's the one of the most accurate QB's in the league, he's got an unbalievable arm. Look at his passing accuracy in college and throughout his career. Wack.

    Reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands has been an issue, i think childress and co can fix that problem.

    All we need to do is give culpepper the help he had in 2004 and we will continue to see great seasons. He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.

    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO
    :roll: Yeah, because Minnesota is the only POSSIBLE place he could study the offense. There's no WAY he could do it from Florida. If only there were some way to record past implementation of Childress's offense and project it onto a screen, and send any questions that he had via a massive network of cables and wireless connection. Maybe, just MAYBE, if there were a network of devices designed for long-distance verbal communication invented in 1876, he could communicate with Coach Childress, and receive written documents from his as well. But alas, as far as I know, no such systems exist.

    Oh, wait a minute. Yes they do. They're called "film strips," "the Internet," the "telephone," and the "fax machine." You can't tell me they don't have those in Orlando.
    You know what else they should do? They should use satellites for some of that stuff. Man...they would make a fortune.

    Sarcasm aside...funny post BBQ. :sign5:
    How many other players are in MN right now learning Childress' "new" system........... :wink:

    [size=24px]Zero! [/size]

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    "Guruzen" wrote:
    Oh c'mon you can't seriously believe he's doing any studying right now... he's probably living it up on the beaches with exotic dancers and call girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    I'm glad you & I see eye to eye.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More Stupid Packer Fans Doing Something Stupid
    By Zeus in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 10:29 PM
  2. Stupid
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 06:31 AM
  3. Stupid me .....
    By mnjamie in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 02:24 AM
  4. I'm stupid Red!
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 03:59 AM
  5. stupid packers fans
    By rjkvikings in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •