Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: Fans = stupid?

  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Fans = stupid?

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.
    Exactly. This is the point that i think keeps getting missed, especially when trying to compare BJ and Dante.

    Dante + bad OL = horrible - on a scale from 1-10, a 1
    Dante + good OL = shattering NFL records - on a scale from 1-10, a 10

    BJ + bad OL = OK - on a scale from 1-10, a 5
    BJ + good OL = good - on a scale from 1-10, a 7 or 8

    BJ has less risk, but also less potential. Dante has more risk, but more potential. While BJ is the safer choice, I also don't think he can get us to the big game without our defense turning into the #1 or #2 D in the league. Even with last year's season and injury, I would still rather roll my dice with Dante and hope for a 10 year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Fans = stupid?

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    You can't be serious, when given the protection and not rattled he's the one of the most accurate QB's in the league, he's got an unbalievable arm. Look at his passing accuracy in college and throughout his career. Wack.

    Reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands has been an issue, i think childress and co can fix that problem.

    All we need to do is give culpepper the help he had in 2004 and we will continue to see great seasons. He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.

    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Fans = stupid?

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO
    I agree that we need to evaulate him on the field. Unfortunately, we can't do that right now, as he is still rehabbing. The best we can do is evaulate him right now and make a calculated guess. That is why we sent our trainer down to Florida to check him out. And the Vikings trainer is the one who said he is doing well.

    He does have to learn how to get rid of the ball quickly. But the WCO isn't necessarily based solely on the short quick pass either. A good offensive coordinator and HC will mold the system to the player, not the player to the system. And with a decent OL, he will have more time to make the necessary reads before throwing the ball.

    The last argument about how he shoud be in Minny is really reaching. No other lpayers are in Minny. Why should Dante be the only one who needs to be here, away from his home, his family, etc. He is doing a very good jub rehabing in Florida, and I am willing to bet he has been doing some study too. He could get away with not studying before because he was never in jeopardy of losing the starting role. That isn't the case anymore...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Wiggles67's Avatar
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    756

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    Set an NCAA record for single-season completion percentage at .736, breaking a 15 year old mark set by Steve Young (.713)...
    He has continually be one of the highest QB's in the league for his completion percentage. No one can doubt his accurancy.

    The biggest weakness I see with DC is his ability to read defenses and make adjustments. What is nice about this is it is all stuff that can be learned.

    "I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

  5. #15
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    "Redmption" wrote:
    Article from fans about Culpepper trade

    http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14017316.htm

    I havent heard one valid reason why Pep should be traded and all of the reasons listed on this link by "fans" are garbage. I have yet to hear any good reasons on this forum too. You dont trade a guy who has an MVP year, then lhas a bad 1/2 SEASON because he loses 50% of the teams talent around him... Why dont we hear McNabb trade rumors? He had just as bad of a season as Pep did...
    If you didnt like Pep before the 2005 season started then fine, but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan. Dumping Pep means having Brad Johnson play a whole season which means no chance of Superbowl and if you dont want to see the team make the Superbowl then you arent a fan.
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

  6. #16
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Fans = stupid?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO
    I agree that we need to evaulate him on the field. Unfortunately, we can't do that right now, as he is still rehabbing. The best we can do is evaulate him right now and make a calculated guess. That is why we sent our trainer down to Florida to check him out. And the Vikings trainer is the one who said he is doing well.

    He does have to learn how to get rid of the ball quickly. But the WCO isn't necessarily based solely on the short quick pass either. A good offensive coordinator and HC will mold the system to the player, not the player to the system. And with a decent OL, he will have more time to make the necessary reads before throwing the ball.

    The last argument about how he shoud be in Minny is really reaching. No other lpayers are in Minny. Why should Dante be the only one who needs to be here, away from his home, his family, etc. He is doing a very good jub rehabing in Florida, and I am willing to bet he has been doing some study too. He could get away with not studying before because he was never in jeopardy of losing the starting role. That isn't the case anymore...

    I can agree with you. Maybe he shouldn't be here all the time, but he could have atleast met with Childress right after he got hired. Instead he goes back to FLA, and talks with him over the phone. Brad Johnson came to Minnesota and sat face to face with Childress, and if any of our QB's need to learn this system it is Pepp not BJ, he won a SB in this system.

    The things that Pepp needs to work on is his not being able to read defenses, and fumbling the ball all the time. I would have hated to see his INT total last season if he didn't get hurt. Some can argue that maybe he would have played better if he didn't get hurt, maybe he would have, nobody knows that for sure. He was on pace to have even more INT's than Brett Favre from good, and that is nothing special..

  7. #17
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    I wasnt ripping on anyone directly for arguments they may have made about trading Pep, I was trying to rip on "fair weather fans" in general. Also I was trying to point out that all our knowlege about what is happening with Pep behind the scenes is only rumor yet its thrown around like fact. I respect peoples opinions, but not fair weather fans and people ready to bail on a great QB because of 1/2 of a season played.

  8. #18
    damien927's Avatar
    damien927 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    610

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    I think it has more to do with the fact that he was supposedly asking for more money after being injured and not playing well. CP hasn't really been in MN that much since he got hurt. A true leader would have been on the sidelines every game of the season, just like Birk. I don't want to move ahead with Johnson either, but I think he made his own grave.

    Thanks Lotza!

  9. #19
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Fans = stupid?

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    You can't be serious, when given the protection and not rattled he's the one of the most accurate QB's in the league, he's got an unbalievable arm. Look at his passing accuracy in college and throughout his career. Wack.

    Reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands has been an issue, i think childress and co can fix that problem.

    All we need to do is give culpepper the help he had in 2004 and we will continue to see great seasons. He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.

    If he didn't have that injury I would probably say that I agree with you. Before we see him personally on the field we have no idea how he will be physically from now on. He can say he feels great then get on that field get sacked and his knee is crap again. Pepp has always been a running QB, if that is taken away from him, he will be in serious trouble.

    He has had great passing accuracy in his career. This new system isn't based on the long ball though. He has got to learn how to get rid of the ball very quickly and ACCURATELY.. That is why he should be in Minny meeting with the new coaches, and learning the new system. If he is cut or traded he has himself to blame for that.. I personally think he is history one way or the other once FA begins.. IMO
    :roll: Yeah, because Minnesota is the only POSSIBLE place he could study the offense. There's no WAY he could do it from Florida. If only there were some way to record past implementation of Childress's offense and project it onto a screen, and send any questions that he had via a massive network of cables and wireless connections. Maybe, just MAYBE, if there were a network of devices designed for long-distance verbal communication invented in 1876, he could communicate with Coach Childress, and receive written documents from him as well. But alas, as far as I know, no such systems exist.

    Oh, wait a minute. Yes they do. They're called "film strips," "the Internet," the "telephone," and the "fax machine." You can't tell me they don't have those in Orlando.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  10. #20
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: Fans = stupid?

    no need to come in here and insult people for not thinking the why you do. personally i disagree with you. cullpepper is no team leader and he wants out of minnesota. i dont want someone leading our team that is iffy from an injury and doesnt even wanna be there.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. More Stupid Packer Fans Doing Something Stupid
    By Zeus in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 10:29 PM
  2. Stupid
    By V4L in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 06:31 AM
  3. Stupid me .....
    By mnjamie in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 02:24 AM
  4. I'm stupid Red!
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 03:59 AM
  5. stupid packers fans
    By rjkvikings in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •