Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans = stupid?

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Fans = stupid?

Article from fans about Culpepper trade

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/14017316.htm

I havent heard one valid reason why Pep should be traded and all of the reasons listed on this link by "fans" are garbage. I have yet to hear any good reasons on this forum too. You dont trade a guy who has an MVP year, then lhas a bad 1/2 SEASON because he loses 50% of the teams talent around him... Why dont we hear McNabb trade rumors? He had just as bad of a season as Pep did...
    If you didnt like Pep before the 2005 season started then fine, but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan. Dumping Pep means having Brad Johnson play a whole season which means no chance of Superbowl and if you dont want to see the team make the Superbowl then you arent a fan.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Fans = stupid?

but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Fans = stupid?

I'm not so "dumbly persuaded" by the media, but I question whether Daunte will ever be the same. This is a potential career ending injury. Will Daunte be as mobile as previously? When Meathead tried to make him a pocket quarterback Daunte took some major steps backwards. He relies on his mobility as much as Mike Vick.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Redmption" wrote:

I havent heard one valid reason why Pep should be traded and all of the reasons listed on this link by "fans" are garbage. I have yet to hear any good reasons on this forum too. You dont trade a guy who has an MVP year, then lhas a bad 1/2 SEASON because he loses 50% of the teams talent around him... Why dont we hear McNabb trade rumors? He had just as bad of a season as Pep did...
    If you didnt like Pep before the 2005 season started then fine, but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan. Dumping Pep means having Brad Johnson play a whole season which means no chance of Superbowl and if you dont want to see the team make the Superbowl then you arent a fan.

Dude what? Has Pepp won a Sb in his career? I didn't think so. The reason why alot of people want Pepp gone is because he has had a major career threatening injury, and was not playing that great when he was healthy. Yes this has been discussed before, he lost alot over the offseason that year, but that is no excuse. Great players are supposed to play great no matter what they have to work with. If a guy is good enough to make it to the NFL, then he deserves to be out on that field.

Another reason is why would you want a QB that is injured to the point that Pepp is, has issues with his contract, has issues with the new HC, and will not come to Minnesota to rehab, and meet and learn the new system with his new coaches? I will tell you one thing, if Pepp and Childress are butting heads already,what does that leave in store for the future? I guarantee that Childress will win out in that dispute. Oh and another thing, this should really be in one of the 1,000 or so Culpepper threads..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Redmption" wrote:

There are good reasons to keep Dante, and there are good reasons to trade him (although there is no good reason to cut him :grin. If you haven't seen any good arguments on this form, then you just need to look at some of the bazillion threads out there dealing with it. That would have probably been a more appropriate place to post this anyway...

However, trying to say that any PP.O member isn't really a fan is not only rude, but a quick way to get flamed. Rather than just tossing around insults, try haveing an intelligent discussion about the pros and cons of keeping/trading him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

um he was just posting what someone else wrote!?~ :scratch:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Blog Entries

Fans = stupid?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I guess I'm not a fan. I see a guy who fumbles a lot. Has terrible passing accuracy. Cannot read defenses well and who is not a team leader.
    Nah, you're still a fan. You just can't see very well :lol: !

Fumbles to often - YES
    Terrible passing accuracy - NO (You keep saying this but I can't understand why. He is incredibly accurate.)
    Can't read Defenses well - YES (This is where the INT comes from... not accuracy)
    Not a team leader - NO (A lot of players have stepped up and said that they will leave if Dante does. He might not be Cris Carter, but he's no Randy Moss either!)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    um he was just posting what someone else wrote!?~ :scratch:
    Nope, the link goes to another article. His post was all his own!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Fans = stupid?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    but those of you who want to ditch the guy because your are so dumbly persuaded by the media with the negative press then you arent really a fan.
    As much as I admired Culpepper at one point in his career I now see a conceited, damaged player whom I really doubt can lead us to the promised Super Bowl.
    So if that makes me not a fan in your eyes, then so be it. But I'm hoping for something better.
    You can't be serious, when given the protection and not rattled he's the one of the most accurate QB's in the league, he's got an unbalievable arm. Look at his passing accuracy in college and throughout his career. Wack.

Reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands has been an issue, i think childress and co can fix that problem.

All we need to do is give culpepper the help he had in 2004 and we will continue to see great seasons. He's not one to do it all on his own, he's got to have help, starting up front with the offensive line.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

ahhh misunderstood sorry ops:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast