Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

The Vikes need to play hard ball. They have gone out and signed alot of key players.. They have needs, but none to drastic that they have to look desperate to other teams.. If they fail to get what they want at #17, then it may not be a bad move to trade for Schaub. With that said, it may also be just as good to draft a QB, and mold him after BJ. We are sitting pretty good right now, so I bet some other teams are going to be knocking on the Viking door.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

I can't wait to see what QB finally ends up with us.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm glad thier not throwing all our pics at him. Hes worth a second rounder at BEST. Not a first and a second. We need to focus on gettin our new QB via the draft.
    Nobody ever said anything about a first and a second. The Vikes offered a second. Atlanta wants a first instead. I am OK with not offering more than a first for Schaub, as long as we don't try and offer an arm and a leg to move up and select Young or Cutler. Neither one of them are worth multiple picks either.
    Let's get a LB in the first and look to a QB inthe second!

We didnt offer a first and a second but thats what Atlanta wants for him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I'm glad thier not throwing all our pics at him. Hes worth a second rounder at BEST. Not a first and a second. We need to focus on gettin our new QB via the draft.
    Nobody ever said anything about a first and a second. The Vikes offered a second. Atlanta wants a first instead. I am OK with not offering more than a first for Schaub, as long as we don't try and offer an arm and a leg to move up and select Young or Cutler. Neither one of them are worth multiple picks either.
    Let's get a LB in the first and look to a QB inthe second!

We didnt offer a first and a second but thats what Atlanta wants for him.
    Read the article again. Atlanta was not asking for a 1st & a 2nd. Just a 1st.

the Falcons have insisted on getting a first-round pick for Schaub

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Well I've herd they've wanted more then a first a couple times. Either way its stupid whether they want a first or a first and a second.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Just need to clear something up for everyone here on Schaub's status next offseason. He is gonna be a restricted FA next offseason, not an unrestricted FA. He was picked in the 3rd round of the draft by atlanta, meaning he oonly got a 3 year deal. Players who have only been in the league for 3 years or less, become restricted FA's at the end of their contracts. What this means is basically, if atlanta wants him next offseason, they will put the mid level(where they get a 1st if he signs somewhere else) or the high level(where they get a 1st and 3rd if he signs somewhere else) tender on him.

I really find it amusing that people seem to feel that Schaub isn't worth a 1st, but guys like Vince Young and Cutler are worth a 1st and 2nd needed to trade up and get one of them. That makes no sense. Schaub is much more proven then they are. If you haven't watched Schaub play very much, then you don't know how good he is. Judging him by his stats in his first 2 years as a backup in atlanta is not a good indication of his abilities. If Atlanta hadn't use the #1 overall pick on Vick, Schaub would have been the starting QB last season and would now be their franchise QB, no doubt about that. Unfortunately when you use the #1 overall pick for Vick, and actually trade your 1st and 2nd(since they traded up with SD to get Vick), you are forced to stick with him for much longer then you normally would.

Schaub is an ideal fit for the WCO. He has been in the system for his last 6 years of football and is ready to be a starter in the system right now. Also very important is Schaub's leadership skills. He has those skills needed to be a teams franchise QB. Leadership is something we have lacked at the QB spot for some time now. The kid is smart, has a good arm, is very accurate(despite what his rookie year stats say), and has the ability to make the quick reads and react accordingly.

I would give a 1st for Schaub WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY before I would trade up to get Cutler or Vince Young.

The trade talks are far from over though between us and Atlanta. Atlanta is being smart and basically waiting until draft day to see if they can get a better offer. We are also waiting until draft day to see if we can get them to come down on their offer.

If Ernie Sims is available for us at 17, then we wil ahve to think if we want him more then Schaub or not. If Sims is gone at 17, I think we get Schaub and look to LB's in the 2nd round, where there are a ton of very good Lb's. It isn't however about us only looking for Sims at 17, but rather that Sims is at the top of our list and then we think that Schaub has more value with the 17th pick, then reaching for a Lb like Greenway, who is more worthy of a mid 20's pick or so.

I agree with you muchluv, IMO the availability of Sims is the only factor that should influence our decision on Schaub. Schaub has a 2 year head start on learning the system over a rookie QB, and would be far less of a gamble. Personally, I don't see Greenway/Carpenter fitting in a Tampa 2 as well as Sims, and even so, I would be much happier if the traded the pick for Schaub than if we sat and somehow got Sims.

I say LB first, QB second. That is mainly if Sims is still available. If he is gone, then I probably (although not for sure, there might be a steal at 17th) will be OK if we trade JUST A FIRST (with no other picks or players attached) for Schaub.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

I think Greenway is worth the 17th pick. If he is there, I would be pleased if we took him. I wouldn't mind if we traded it for Schaub either though. I really wouldn't mind if we got a linebacker at 17, Schaub for a second and then a right guard with our other second. That would rock.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

muchluv4smoot is saying what I've been saying all along. With Schaub you know what you are getting. Why would you ever want to give as much or more for an unproven QB just because he's rated high.
    Schaub may not be the greatest QB on the face of the earth but at least we know what we are getting and with a couple of years under his belt he could slip in for BJ is he gets hurt very easily. That can't be said necessarly for a QB draftee who it takes awhile to get up to the speed of being an NFL QB.
    I'd give a first in a heartbeat for him if we can't get Sims.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast