Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Good

Hasn't shown that he is worth a first round yet..

2nd round for Pep with a bum knee even tho he is a top 3-5 QB in the league

3rd round for T.O even though he has mental issues

Shaub isn't even close to these guys levels.. But has no problems.. So a 2nd sounds good.. And he will be a FA next year so he will want a huge contract if he does good anyway..
    People keep saying that he will be a FA next year, but there is nothing keeping the Falcons from signing him to a new contract this year. :wink:

My guess is in two weeks we'll have drafted a QB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah, true, they could resign him.. And if it's pretty cheap that would make me want to trade for Shaub more..

The FA part is a huge deal for me.. I don't want to trade a 1st round pick and have him leave next year.. Or demand a huge contract

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Oh well we allready have 3 backup qb's in there allready and one of them is our new starter(Johnson).. No big deal to me we couldnt sign this guy.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Even if they don't re-sign him they will probably franchise him. No one's going to want to put up a 1st & a 3rd for him.

Personally I wouldn't have minded giving up the 1st but that's the FOs decision. If people are willing to give up our 1st and other picks to trade up and get a QB that's never even played in the NFL there's no reason why we wouldn't give up only the 1st to get someone like Schaub.

I've seen the man play. He's got skills. Everyone criticizes his rookie year. Let me tell you that I saw him play his rookie year in a preseason game against the Vikes. Brought the team back and they won the game. I know it was against our 2nd stringers but so what. He was still impressive. He was playing with their 2nd stringers as well.

Like I said whatever the FO decides is fine. We are in big need for LBs and if we draft someone in the 2nd round like Omar Jacobs I would be happy too.

V4L

People don't want to give up a 1st cuz he hasn't proven he is worth a first..

A rookie QB has an advantage IMO.. They COULD or COULDN'T be good.. Never know

While Shaub hasn't shown really anything that proves he will be a stud

"ejmat" wrote:
    Even if they don't re-sign him they will probably franchise him. No one's going to want to put up a 1st & a 3rd for him.

Personally I wouldn't have minded giving up the 1st but that's the FOs decision. If people are willing to give up our 1st and other picks to trade up and get a QB that's never even played in the NFL there's no reason why we wouldn't give up only the 1st to get someone like Schaub.

I've seen the man play. He's got skills. Everyone criticizes his rookie year. Let me tell you that I saw him play his rookie year in a preseason game against the Vikes. Brought the team back and they won the game. I know it was against our 2nd stringers but so what. He was still impressive. He was playing with their 2nd stringers as well.

Like I said whatever the FO decides is fine. We are in big need for LBs and if we draft someone in the 2nd round like Omar Jacobs I would be happy too.
    I agree. Linebacker first, if one of the top four are available, then a QB and OG in the second.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"ThePurplePotato" wrote:
    So we're basically sitting at 17 for ONLY Sims? That seems ridiculous to me. Greenway and Carpenter are just as good as Sims, if not better. If we have our sites set on one guy, we're going to get screwed.
    I don't think the Terrible Triangle is just looking at one player to pick with that 17 pick. In fact, if one of the top 3 QB's were to drop down somewhere around the 10 spot I could see the Vikes wheeling and dealing to move up at the last minute and snatch Young or Cutler.

Our FO has impressed so far and there's no reason to think that they don't know exactly what they're doing now. I don't expect another fiasco at the draft this year.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'm glad thier not throwing all our pics at him. Hes worth a second rounder at BEST. Not a first and a second. We need to focus on gettin our new QB via the draft.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm glad thier not throwing all our pics at him. Hes worth a second rounder at BEST. Not a first and a second. We need to focus on gettin our new QB via the draft.
    Nobody ever said anything about a first and a second. The Vikes offered a second. Atlanta wants a first instead. I am OK with not offering more than a first for Schaub, as long as we don't try and offer an arm and a leg to move up and select Young or Cutler. Neither one of them are worth multiple picks either.

Let's get a LB in the first and look to a QB inthe second!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Your so right :smile:

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast